Is the Nexus Prime suppose to be better than the Bionic?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
What comes with vanilla?

Coming from an OG Droid with no moto blur I am interested in this Nexus or Prime phone. So if it is vanilla.. if it is the Droid from Verizon does this mean it won't have Zumocast on it? If it is from Samsung does this mean it wont' have Kies air? Will I still have a means to transfer files and pix from my PC to the phone as I now have with my OG Droid?

On my OG Driod I have apps named Camera and Gallery that let me take and view pictures. I have Calendar, I have Contacts, I have Calculator, are these from Goggle or are they from Verizon? Will I have these apps with vanilla or will I have to download something from the Market?

I guess I don't know what vanilla will include.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I responded to a post that asserted the Bionic would have a much better battery life than the Nexus...based on no evidence. I never called you biased...I wasn't responding to your statement.

Hmmm....

It's going to have a 4.65" screen. It will be LTE, and most likely there will be models with keyboards and models without them. As to battery size, no one has a clue what size it will be. Depending on shape of the battery, you can pack a decent amount of power into a slim design. Sounds like you're just hating a little...maybe hoping the Prime bombs to justify the Bionic?

You did.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
you dont have to press harder for long vs short presses. these are capacitive touch screens, they actually dont require pressing, just touching works. long touch to add widget. touch swipe, etc. on most modern multipoint TOUCH screens they are sensitive enough to were you should just have to literally lay your finger on screen for a few seconds to bring up widget menu.

I realize this but I thank you anyway for your condescending tone. Just because I used the word press you're very rudely assuming I press on the phone as hard as I can. The term is "Long Press" on the screen not, long "TOUCH" on the screen therefore that is the term I used.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The reason I swapped out my Bionic was because of a problem with electrical feedback in the headphone output. The story about how I owned 3 different Bionics is long and will not get into it. I've owned the OG Droid since launch with no problems, and many other smartphones before that starting with the Nokia 3650 back in 2002. Most phones, I never had a problem with but some I did. S*** happens, phones sometimes stop working correctly or not at all. Yes I am picky but I refuse to deal with this kind of a problem on a flagship phone. Believe me, I know most people think it's ridiculous to return a phone because of such a "minor" issue. My phone doubles as a music player and saves me having to carry around a second device. This issue was a deal breaker to me and not something I could deal with for the length of a contract. Call me a geek, whiner or whatever you like. If insulting people over the internet makes you feel tough that's cool e-thug. In the end I'm gonna do what makes me happy regardless of what anyone thinks or says. If you'd like to read about the issue here is a link to the thread. https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57436?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited:

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I realize this but I thank you anyway for your condescending tone. Just because I used the word press you're very rudely assuming I press on the phone as hard as I can. The term is "Long Press" on the screen not, long "TOUCH" on the screen therefore that is the term I used.

condescending tone? call it condescending if you like but, if you are pressing hard enough on any phone to trigger "halo" effects by disrupting electrical signal to the liquid crystal, YOU ARE PRESSING TO HARD!!!!

these are TOUCHSCREEN phones not press screen!!

Last edited:

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The reason I swapped out my Bionic was because of a problem with electrical feedback in the headphone output. The story about how I owned 3 different Bionics is long and will not get into it. I've owned the OG Droid since launch with no problems, and many other smartphones before that starting with the Nokia 3650 back in 2002. Most phones, I never had a problem with but some I did. S*** happens, phones sometimes stop working correctly or not at all. Yes I am picky but I refuse to deal with this kind of a problem on a flagship phone. Believe me, I know most people think it's ridiculous to return a phone because of such a "minor" issue. My phone doubles as a music player and saves me having to carry around a second device. This issue was a deal breaker to me and not something I could deal with for the length of a contract. Call me a geek, whiner or whatever you like. If insulting people over the internet makes you feel tough that's cool e-thug. In the end I'm gonna do what makes me happy regardless of what anyone thinks or says. If you'd like to read about the issue here is a link to the thread. https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57436?start=0&tstart=0

whats up e-gangsta!! i would not even wasted my time writing about just you. your post just triggered my post. there are dozens and dozens of posts about people going through 2-5 phones, not just moto, sammy, htc, etc. i think it is crazy. it is not the norm for any industry to have to go through 2-5 of any item before settling. i am not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. i actually didnt single you out!

that being said, are you happy with a phone that you had to go through 3-4 to get right? that is not a very good testament to the phones quality! i mean i guess you are happy enough with it to come onto a Prime thread and argue with people about stuff that nobody knows yet.;)

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
whats up e-gangsta!! i would not even wasted my time writing about just you. your post just triggered my post. there are dozens and dozens of posts about people going through 2-5 phones, not just moto, sammy, htc, etc. i think it is crazy. it is not the norm for any industry to have to go through 2-5 of any item before settling. i am not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. i actually didnt single you out!

that being said, are you happy with a phone that you had to go through 3-4 to get right? that is not a very good testament to the phones quality! i mean i guess you are happy enough with it to come onto a Prime thread and argue with people about stuff that nobody knows yet.;)

So much wrong with your posts I won't even get into it. I've got better things to do with my time, like scratch my back, than argue with you over the interwebz. Congratulations, you win.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
So much wrong with your posts I won't even get into it. I've got better things to do with my time, like scratch my back, than argue with you over the interwebz. Congratulations, you win.

youve got better things to do than reply yet, you still did it! I havnt argued with you once!!! Please give an example of my argueing!! sparked by your post stating you have gone through 3 phones, not quoting you, i wrote a post stating i think it is crazy that people go through 2,3,4,5 phones within a month or so of release and that i have never in 10 years of smartphone ownership experienced this. you were offended and replied quoting me calling me an e-thug!!! you are arguing! you are on a PRIME forum, take your **** back to the ****ty ass bionic forums!!!

i would also like to know what about my pressing to hard post you thought condescending? i was simply telling you something you obviously didnt know or for some reason deliberately chose to overlook. i have witnessed dozens of clients, friends, family that mash the screen to do something or if it doesnt work first press mash harder, i tell them all the same thing, it does no good to press on the phone.

you are a pissed off person that came to a Prime thread to pick a fight with people who will very shortly have a much superior phone. go smash your screen some more and add some widgets!!!!!

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow... so many defensive Bionic owners. Get over it.

For the record... I DID own a Bionic.

Back to the OG, now on the DX. Waiting for the Nexus. It WILL be superior. Read the interwebs people. Jeez.

Why do people get so uptight when morons bash their device? Who cares what other people think of your phone? If YOU like it... end of story. Ignore everyone else. Dang.

*customized tapatalk signature*

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

youve got better things to do than reply yet, you still did it! I havnt argued with you once!!! Please give an example of my argueing!! sparked by your post stating you have gone through 3 phones, not quoting you, i wrote a post stating i think it is crazy that people go through 2,3,4,5 phones within a month or so of release and that i have never in 10 years of smartphone ownership experienced this. you were offended and replied quoting me calling me an e-thug!!! you are arguing! you are on a PRIME forum, take your **** back to the ****ty ass bionic forums!!!

i would also like to know what about my pressing to hard post you thought condescending? i was simply telling you something you obviously didnt know or for some reason deliberately chose to overlook. i have witnessed dozens of clients, friends, family that mash the screen to do something or if it doesnt work first press mash harder, i tell them all the same thing, it does no good to press on the phone.

you are a pissed off person that came to a Prime thread to pick a fight with people who will very shortly have a much superior phone. go smash your screen some more and add some widgets!!!!!

edizzle, really?

Weren't you the one a few pages back posting out of nowhere "Bionic sucks!"? People may be coming to this thread to consider the Bionic vs the Nexus, and instead are treated to this drivel. It seems fair for milkshed27 to point out what he may consider flaws and strengths of the Bionic - screen "presses" and all - so that readers might get some insight from an actual user. On the other hand, it is fair to ask about 3-5 returns of a product. What doesn't seem right is this continued this back and forth, IMO.

Can we move on to real comparisons please, such as do we think there will there be a noticeable speed increase from a dual 1.0Ghz phone to a dual 1.5Ghz phone that has the drag of a HD screen to contend with?

Reactions: oxymoron

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wow... so many defensive Bionic owners. Get over it.

For the record... I DID own a Bionic.

Back to the OG, now on the DX. Waiting for the Nexus. It WILL be superior. Read the interwebs people. Jeez.

Why do people get so uptight when morons bash their device? Who cares what other people think of your phone? If YOU like it... end of story. Ignore everyone else. Dang.

*customized tapatalk signature*

It wasn't that serious relax bud.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
dsignori why would you even write that?

im not sure what me posting bionic sucks on a prime thread has to do with anything. i simply gave a suggestion on the use of a touchscreen and stated that i thought it was strang how many people on these forums return their phones.

i was then called an e-thug and tears were shed because i had upset him!!

oh well, i think the horse has been beaten.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Who cares? Let the kids throw things and cry mine is the best. For the intelligent crowd, we understand android is a part of many hardware platforms and that we all run an OS that is different that apples. It is like the cool kids have an iphone and get along while the geeks throw tantrums and clamor "my processes are superior, in your face!" who wants to be a part of this community? I don't, but I love android and how versatile it is. I love the bionic, yet I know the prime will be great. This thread should be phone wars. It is housing 90% subjective squibble. I can't wait until the prime gets here and real threads grow with measurable objective data.

Mine is better than yours, nany nany boo boo, lmao!

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Like I said I'm not going to go into a back and forth, if you want answers go back and re-read my posts from the beginning. If you or anyone would like to take the discussion further we can do so thru PMs. I prefer to stay on topic in this thread.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
there is no back and forth! i posted not mentioning you at all. you responded by getting VERY defensive and calling me names. i defended my post!

answers to what??

yes i want to take this to PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hilarious!

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Sigh... really man? You just asked me to give you examples of where you were being condescending and where you were arguing. I responded by saying that I didn't want to go into a back and forth. With all due respect even though you've shown me none, you really need to learn reading comprehension and how to follow conversations as your posts are littered with inaccuracies. Awaiting your PMs.......

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae