Samsung Unpacked Event Oct 11 - Announcement of New Nexus?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it's too early for an announcement of the Nexus. But could be. Should there really be two devices (Droid Prime and Galaxy Nexus), then I could definitely see an announcement on the Droid Prime being made.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's CTIA in San Diego. All we got was a heads up as to the day and time. Anything anyone is reading into it is pure unfounded speculation. Here's the full email. No hidden file names, nothing.

SAVE THE DATE
Samsung Mobile Unpacked @ CTIA Enterprise & Applications 2011
October 11, 2011
Doors open at 11:00 am
San Diego Convention Center, Ballroom 20 (next to the Media Center)

Additional details forthcoming

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I doubt we will see the Prime at this event. I would like it to be -- but have my doubts. Of course, looking at what happened at CES with Motorola and the Xoom, anything could happen. Nonetheless, I'm defiantly interested in seeing what they could possibly show off.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Curse Google and their secret keeping skills! Someone hurry up and "lose" a Prime already!

Hah, this. Heck, it doesn't have to be at a bar, it could be a McDonalds or something lol. I'm finding it hard to hold out much longer due to my phone continuing to degrade into a mess usability wise.

drbugsmn

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding it hard to hold out much longer due to my phone continuing to degrade into a mess usability wise.

I hear ya! My OGD's digitizer died, I bought a replacement from some place online, and it only partly worked. Waiting for the next phone. Next time I'll use my amex card to buy it so I get the double warrenty.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't the announcement come from Google?

This.

Even if Samsung is making the prime it is HIGHLY unlikely that the NP will come as an announcement from them. Its a google phone and therefore I am sure that Google will announce it. Just my opinion though... I could be totally wrong

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon's version of the Prime is actually launching on November 3 (as rumored by the Panda), is there any other major trade show between CTIA and then where Samsung could make a major announcement? If not, then that makes an October 11 unveiling of the Prime more likely...

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon's version of the Prime is actually launching on November 3 (as rumored by the Panda), is there any other major trade show between CTIA and then where Samsung could make a major announcement? If not, then that makes an October 11 unveiling of the Prime more likely...

Except that, as previously stated, it will (most likely) be Google who announce this phone. Of course that doesn't preclude them doing it during Samsung's event but presumably Samsung will be pushing other stuff and Google wouldn't want to be playing second fiddle to anything else.

pmugghc

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

We have the AsiaD 19-21 Oct in Hong kong where Andy Rubin is a guest.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bearly

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That's if it's going to be a Nexus phone. Remember that the name Google and Nexus can't sell doo doo. The name Samsung and Droid sells millions.
If they want this phone to hurt apple they'll let the powerhouse's debut it....otherwise what the hell else is Samsung coming out with?
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge