Samsung Unpacked Event Oct 11 - Announcement of New Nexus?

itrustme618

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
imagine for a minute if google's master plan was to become a one stop shop. think about it, they purchased motorola which is a hardware company: check , they already got the software android: check , now the missing link is a network, not to long ago i read a article about google distributing sim cards in spain i believe. now we got this tmobile at&t merger that seems to be falling out, is google possibly going to purchase tmo? is it really that far fetched?

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
imagine for a minute if google's master plan was to become a one stop shop. think about it, they purchased motorola which is a hardware company: check , they already got the software android: check , now the missing link is a network, not to long ago i read a article about google distributing sim cards in spain i believe. now we got this tmobile at&t merger that seems to be falling out, is google possibly going to purchase tmo? is it really that far fetched?

Yes, because it wouldn't make them any money. Tmo isn't doing very well and hasn't done well in the business world. Google bought moto for their patents and maybe their hardware, but as for Tmo, they don't really gain anything.

itrustme618

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, because it wouldn't make them any money. Tmo isn't doing very well and hasn't done well in the business world. Google bought moto for their patents and maybe their hardware, but as for Tmo, they don't really gain anything.

im not sure i understand why they couldnt profit from doing this.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
from what i've read, it seems like Sprint would be the more likely target for Google, if it did decide to enter into the wireless network arena in the US.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I've always thought the reason TMo was ever approached as a launch carrier was because they didn't have the business clout to demand their own terms from Google. They need Google more than the other carriers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The big advantage to Google buying a carrier, in addition to a manufacturer, is that they can decide to make phones that are pure vanilla Android with no skins and no bloatware, and no one can stop them.

Also, as soon as Google releases a new version of Android, it can get pushed out immediately to all Motorola devices on a Google-owned carrier. Imagine getting Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean or whatever comes next on the very same day that Google releases the source code.

Last edited:

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd never go back to T-Mo again. I was on verizon for years but they kept charging me roaming whenever I drove 90 miles to visit my parents/grandparents. After two years of every month fixing roaming charges I shouldn't have been getting I didn't renew my contract. After four months on T-Mob I paid early termination fee and switched to Sprint . T-mobile was a terrible network in Southern VA ... like 3 miles away from an interstate no signal terrible. Much as I would LOVE to be on a google carrier there is no way I could go back to T-Mob as the infastructure is now....

itrustme618

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
from what i've read, it seems like Sprint would be the more likely target for Google, if it did decide to enter into the wireless network arena in the US.

googlevoicees_3_650-550x412.png

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The big advantage to Google buying a carrier, in addition to a manufacturer, is that they can decide to make phones that are pure vanilla Android with no skins and no bloatware, and no one can stop them.

Also, as soon as Google releases a new version of Android, it can get pushed out immediately to all Motorola devices on a Google-owned carrier. Imagine getting Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean or whatever comes next on the very same day that Google releases the source code.

Google cannot own a carrier and a manufacturer. That's going into monopoly status. It's the same reason one company couldn't own an airline, plane manufacture, and engine maker back in the day.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah, trust me if it could have been done, we all know apple would have already done it! then they would really have it on lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
In order to answer/respond to the OP.

I doubt it's the Prime announcement. It seems too early. Plus a release for the Prime would come from Google, not from Samsung

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

That sounds like hell.. then waiting another 3 months for all the kinks to get worked out..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae