Galaxy S II HD Lte, is this the nexus/prime?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
It comes down to pixel density. Even at 4.3" qHD, the pixel density isnt high enough to hide the subpixel alignment, low 200s for the Motorola qHDs.

At 4.3" 720p, the density rises to low 300s, as it will be for the SAMOLED HD.. that's Retina Display territory and any subpixel issues should be a nonfactor.

actually it is more the non-linear shape of the pixels. linear (square) pixels ALWAYS look better. just like back in the day of the first HD plasmas with non standard resolutions, the pixels were rectangular. also pentile is not that bad, it is the RGBW pentile that looks bad to me. the every fourth white sub-pixel is just irritating.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The RGBW display on the Bionic didn't bother me. I thought the screen was nice. You could see the nonlinear matrix, but not at a level that detracted from the crispness of it. You could really dial down the text and it would remain readable.

I just LOVE super amoled+ displays (except they seem a little dark, as I am used to a sheet of white under the color arrangement.) The contrast and color are beautiful. Quality photos look amazing and so does video.

Those issues are apples to oranges, and I am not sure there is a winner, just a personal preference. What killed me today was loosing data on the Bionic 5 times and not being able to communicate via data on break at school. For 300 bucks, I figured the LTE/CDMA radio trade offs would have come around. I don't think LTE is stable or that LTE devices are good, unless you are in the big city or airport. Then it must be nice.

That would be my one desire for the Nexus, a good LTE radio capable of hand offs, and a stable connection.

Verizon NEEDS a Samsung of high caliber.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i agree with you on your opinions of displays. the RGBW arrangement on Bionic wouldnt bother me enough to not buy it. I am being very picky when i slam it! i just MUCH prefer Samoled. Pentile or not. Pick your evil. I can tell you one thing if the prime is the GS2HD, i would be absolutely tickled pink!!!!! if the prime does anything better or styled/crafted better, than hell yeah, ill take it as a plus!

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
i agree with you on your opinions of displays. the RGBW arrangement on Bionic wouldnt bother me enough to not buy it. I am being very picky when i slam it! i just MUCH prefer Samoled. Pentile or not. Pick your evil. I can tell you one thing if the prime is the GS2HD, i would be absolutely tickled pink!!!!! if the prime does anything better or styled/crafted better, than hell yeah, ill take it as a plus!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all pentile screens have RGBW sub pixel arrangements? Isn't that what a pentile screen is?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It comes down to pixel density. Even at 4.3" qHD, the pixel density isnt high enough to hide the subpixel alignment, low 200s for the Motorola qHDs.

At 4.3" 720p, the density rises to low 300s, as it will be for the SAMOLED HD.. that's Retina Display territory and any subpixel issues should be a nonfactor.

Maybe, I hope so. Even more, it's mostly opinion anyway. I have the Samsung Fascinate which is a Galaxy S 800 x 480 SAMOLD Pentile display. I LOVE it. I have zero issues with how it looks. Other owners may feel differently. I don't think one can quantify everyone's perception of the screen as much as folks try to do sometimes.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I agree. If the prime or whatever you want to call it is yhr S2HD then I will finally retire the good old OG Droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression "pentile" referred to the subpixel arrangement with the white subpixel. If some include a second green, then what exactly does "pentile" refer to? The rectangular arrangement?

PenTile RBGW is the PenTile arrangement with the white subpixel. However, PenTile refers to how the subpixles are arranged not necessarily what colors are in the arrangement. Link to RGBG Pentile comparison to RealStripe (RBGRBG).

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that I basically want a phone as big as it can get while still fitting in my front jeans pocket. At 4.65" for the screen, it's not going to be a problem - especially with how thin they are.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
lol im 6'6" 260!!! a nexus prime will look like an htc rhyme in my hands!!!

lol when this phone comes out, im gonna be in love!

Giant%2BGoogle%2BNexus%2BS.jpg