Samsung Nexus (GT-I9250) Stops by Bluetooth SIG

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought we had seen this before, but after looking through the other sightings, I found that what we saw before didn't clarify the radios. This confirms that the GT-i9250 is a GSM phone, which was speculated by some as the "Prime" for the other carriers with the SCH-i515 for Verizon. This puts the question of whether there are two phones coming to Verizon in serious question. It looks like there's really only one phone, the SCH-i515, that is coming to Verizon, and the GT-i9250 is what is coming to the other carriers. So ... I think this puts us back to where we were a few weeks ago. Round and round we go!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought we had seen this before, but after looking through the other sightings, I found that what we saw before didn't clarify the radios. This confirms that the GT-i9250 is a GSM phone, which was speculated by some as the "Prime" for the other carriers with the SCH-i515 for Verizon. This puts the question of whether there are two phones coming to Verizon in serious question. It looks like there's really only one phone, the SCH-i515, that is coming to Verizon, and the GT-i9250 is what is coming to the other carriers. So ... I think this puts us back to where we were a few weeks ago. Round and round we go!

I haven't been following closely the past week because there's nothing new to discuss, but I was always under the assumption that the GT-i9250 was a non-Verizon phone. If there's another phone beside the SCH-i515 coming to Verizon we haven't seen it yet.

The other option is that the GT-i9250 is the slider version and it's coming to other carriers and not Verizon. The slider Nexus phone kind of makes sense on other carriers because the GS2 won't compete with it.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been following closely the past week because there's nothing new to discuss, but I was always under the assumption that the GT-i9250 was a non-Verizon phone. If there's another phone beside the SCH-i515 coming to Verizon we haven't seen it yet.

The other option is that the GT-i9250 is the slider version and it's coming to other carriers and not Verizon. The slider Nexus phone kind of makes sense on other carriers because the GS2 won't compete with it.

Yeah, that does make some sense.

With all of the discussion regarding the poem, there was speculation that there were actually two separate phones -- a Droid-branded phone and a Nexus phone. My recollection was that there could possibly be both coming to Verizon, with the Droid-branded phone being a "Droid" phone with TouchWiz, etc., and the Nexus phone also coming as a vanilla phone. There was also the discussion that one would probably be a slider to help differentiate the two.

Now with this info, it seems like there really is only one phone. The question, for me, is whether the SCH-i515 is a Nexus device or not. I know some people are totally on one side or the other as far as preference, but I don't really care. I would take a Droid-branded high-end, GS2-like Sammy device whether it's vanilla or not.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think we are all going to be disappointed a bit when everyone but Verizon gets the Nexus and we just get another bloated touchwiz device.

Droid Charge = i510

i515 is probably just another touchwiz phone. I hate Verizon.

I mean I could be wrong, sprints Nexus S is the SPH-D720

While the other two are completely different GT-I9020T and GT-I9020A.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I think we are all going to be disappointed a bit when everyone but Verizon gets the Nexus and we just get another bloated touchwiz device.

Droid Charge = i510

i515 is probably just another touchwiz phone. I hate Verizon.

Yeah, the model number lends itself to being the successor to the Charge. But, we'll have to see what it really ends up being.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
How do we know the GT-i9250 isn't going to come to Verizon? Is it GSM or something?

And Verizon uses SCH as the model numbers...

Im going to stop putting my hopes up for a Nexus on a communist like carrier like Verizon. We are just going to get a Galaxy S2 with a different name running ICS.

Thunder82

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, article says GSM. I imagine the US will see this device in CDMA form on Verizon first, although it'll be without ICS & bloated up to hell with Touchwiz like others have mentioned. Other carriers will see this sometime after as a true nexus device.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, article says GSM. I imagine the US will see this device in CDMA form on Verizon first, although it'll be without ICS & bloated up to hell with Touchwiz like others have mentioned. Other carriers will see this sometime after as a true nexus device.

I think VZW will still see ICS....I can't imagine that not being a part of whatever device comes...at least I hope.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe VZW version will release with stock ICS and then get the TWizUX treatment in an update once Samsung finishes the software. Like the Tab 10.1 did.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
verizon is all about money the only reason why they put bloat on phones is so you hack to get it off and destroy your warranty!:-$

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe VZW version will release with stock ICS and then get the TWizUX treatment in an update once Samsung finishes the software. Like the Tab 10.1 did.

I could see the opposite happening. Meaning, we could see TouchWiz at release over top of v.2.3.5 (or later), and then an ICS coming when it's ready. My guess is that a Gingerbread TouchWiz would closer to working than a version of ICS due to the GS2 devices. But, only a guess. As an aside, this could help explain why some leaks stated seeing TouchWiz on a new device in the wild.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I could see the opposite happening. Meaning, we could see TouchWiz at release over top of v.2.3.5 (or later), and then an ICS coming when it's ready. My guess is that a Gingerbread TouchWiz would closer to working than a version of ICS due to the GS2 devices. But, only a guess. As an aside, this could help explain why some leaks stated seeing TouchWiz on a new device in the wild.

Then the hardware would have to have permanent softkeys though, no? I'd prefer a phone that is pure screen if I'm going to run ICS on it. Just my thought.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Then the hardware would have to have permanent softkeys though, no? I'd prefer a phone that is pure screen if I'm going to run ICS on it. Just my thought.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Of course that's if ICS really will have software buttons. I'd actually wish they were fixed capacitive buttons (or even better, hardware buttons).

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I think Verizon will see a stock nexus device, whatever it will be called, on Nov 3.

They took the nexus and the SGSII and mashed them together. That was their commie move on this one. Less choice.

And if Verizon gets it first it will be stock. Google just will not allow a skin on ICS for its debut device.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Problem is we don't even really know if Verizon will be getting the Nexus or ICS first. We could all just be waiting for a beefed up gs2 with Verizon crapware and touchwiz.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Problem is we don't even really know if Verizon will be getting the Nexus or ICS first. We could all just be waiting for a beefed up gs2 with Verizon crapware and touchwiz.

Why would have Verizon passed on the GS2 for simply a beefed up GS2? I'm not sure why Samsung would even bother with it.

We do new that a new phone is coming, ICS is coming, and there's been absolutely no information on a Nexus phone coming to other carriers before Verizon.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674