10-02-2011 11:29 AM
31 12
tools
    Well Samsung just announced their next gen Exynos SoCs. I personally would rather see this in the phones as opposed to the TI OMAP 4400. I'm also dieing to know what GPU will be paired with this new Exynos 4212, I would love to see it out spec the dual-core gpu on the A5 that the new iPhone will have.

The article states the availability will be Q4 of this year, does that mean available for phones Q4 this year or available to manufactures to think about in Q4?

Also note the 16 MP camera sensor Samsung announced for mobile devices. Imagine having that pegged on the back of the Prime. I know it's overkill but reviewers will run wild with the numbers.
    Probably means availability to manufs for developement in Q4..
    10-01-2011 09:22 PM
    Probably means availability to manufs for developement in Q4..
    So that's this quarter and if Samsung is making this next phone and this is their chip why couldn't they put their new chip in their new phone? They must have tested the chip using some phone. They developed it, and know all about it all ready.
    10-01-2011 10:35 PM
    So that's this quarter and if Samsung is making this next phone and this is their chip why couldn't they put their new chip in their new phone? They must have tested the chip using some phone. They developed it, and know all about it all ready.
    Because the Google devs wouldn't have had enough time (I think) to optimize a brand new OS (ICS) for them. And Nexus is supposed to debut with ICS.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-01-2011 10:56 PM
    I can see the Nexus Prime having this 4212 chip in it for sure.
    10-02-2011 09:58 AM
    slimjamm, slim chance! although i would love nothing more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-02-2011 10:09 AM
    haha. So you're telling me there's a chance!?
    10-02-2011 11:29 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD