Video tour of ICS, behold the glory!

nashdroid

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
First time post. I've been lurking in the shadows for what feels like a year, but is actually more like six months. ICS looks beautiful, to me. I've had HTC Sense on my phones in the past, but this new version of Android seems to be a mix of pure and has a little more flair now (launcher, glowing effects, etc.) which would make for a much more graphically appealing experience for the user. Coming from Sense, and obviously lurking in the shadows now for the Galaxy Nexus, the look and operation of Ice Cream Sandwich will be a welcomed transition from a skinned OS to stock. Very excited for the next month or two! Also, thank you all for keeping me entertained while out working in the oilfield in South Texas for the past six months or so. Even when I had one bar of 1x on my Droid Incredible, I would wait and wait just to refresh the pages in this forum to get my Android fix. Even extremely slow entertainment is entertainment nonetheless. So...thank you.

nashdroid

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm actually posting now instead of simply watching from the sidelines, just to discuss...what does everyone think that the software buttons might look like? To my knowledge, we haven't had a leak of what they will look like since we haven't had a leak of a full-screen (no physical buttons or soft buttons) device with ICS yet. Some renders, which are merely renders and nothing more, want to picture them as the same software style buttons of Honeycomb. I, however, am wondering if they might actually just look like the Android buttons we've come to know and love, but will just appear to the bottom of the screen under the launcher and maybe actually auto-hide like Windows' taskbar can do when you set it to auto-hide. Maybe it can be set to do both. Anyways, just curious if anyone has a informed clue or even an opinion. Fuel for discussion.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I was mildly unimpressed...I guess more accurate assessment is that I was left wanting a little more. I wouldn't be surprised if a final, polished ICS running a phone built for it (PRIME, cough, cough) looks a lot more impressive.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Either Google did a really crappy job of making ICS or someone's a really good themer ;). Actually, I kinda dig the look of this but I had to say it looked crappy so it would fit the little cliche above :p

pmugghc

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Why would ICS use the same wallpaper as GB. I know it's easy to change but wouldn't the default be something new?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
it sure takes the phone a minute to come out of lock screen. i wonder if that is a sign of the load ICS puts on the processor?

That's because he was opening the camera app which always takes longer to open than other apps. plus remember that the nexus prime will have a dual core processor and more ram than the nexus s. Based on ur pposts in ur 720p HD screen thing performance article, I think you are a little too worried.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Last edited:

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
That's because he was opening the camera app which always takes longer to open than other apps. plus remember that the nexus prime will have a dual core processor and more ram than the nexus s. Based on ur pposts in ur 720p HD screen thong performance article, I think you are a little to worried.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

worried? what? why would you assume im worried? i was simply stating what looked to be proof of the more intense load on processor. I am not worried as the nexus will be better hardware in every aspect. i figured i didnt have to specifically state that. maybe i should have.

come to think of it i was defending the fact i think the new hardware would have no trouble whatsoever driving an HD display or running ICS. Soooo how does that show im worried.

start crap much?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
worried? what? why would you assume im worried? i was simply stating what looked to be proof of the more intense load on processor. I am not worried as the nexus will be better hardware in every aspect. i figured i didnt have to specifically state that. maybe i should have.

come to think of it i was defending the fact i think the new hardware would have no trouble whatsoever driving an HD display or running ICS. Soooo how does that show im worried.

start crap much?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought u meant that u were worried that a 720p HD display will affect the perfomace of the phone. Thus, i figured that u though ICS might will be slow and not improve on performance. Once again, sorry. I did not mean to get u angry.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads