Video tour of ICS, behold the glory!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
People in the comments said it apparently looks like a Go Launcher theme? Not sure how a launcher would allow that multitasking action though. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
thats the worst video showing off an OS i have ever seen!! i say fake just because of that. why would he not show the about screen? this has stink written all over it!!

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
thats the worst video showing off an OS i have ever seen!! i say fake just because of that. why would he not show the about screen? this has stink written all over it!!

There's a pic of the about screen...under "Android Version" it says "IceCreamSandwich"...something just doesn't smell right to me....thoughts?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Im positive this is real and certainly wasn't bought off ebay. It's just someone making a story to cover up their leak. If this person really bought the device unknowingly that it was running ICS, we'd probably be seeing the system dump of the device and more videos. Doubt that will happen which means its his device.

Sent from my ADR6400L

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
yup. I'm thinking the same thing. There's no reflection of his face...no voice...only a bed...and some ebay story. Also, it's on a Nexus S.....

This might very well be an internal leak for sure.

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Im positive this is real and certainly wasn't bought off ebay. It's just someone making a story to cover up their leak. If this person really bought the device unknowingly that it was running ICS, we'd probably be seeing the system dump of the device and more videos. Doubt that will happen which means its his device.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Yeah this is what I was thinking. "Leaking" this type of video/story builds up more hype for the upcoming event. This is an especially good thing considering that apple is going to be holding an event soon and has been making headlines with that alone.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
where are the software buttons? or is ics set up so that only software buttons show up if your phone doesnt have physical buttons?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Possibly. We just won't know until we have it ourselves. I'd imagine that ICS is backwards compatible with other devices, obviously if this video is legit, it IS indeed working on a Nexus S.

ICS probably has the capability to not use buttons, but in this case, since buttons are there....you can use them.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I would assume it would have to be backwards compatible...if not then the Bionic and other newer devices wouldn't be able to receive the update...it would basically draw a line in the sand and permanently stop the updating of tons of phones.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
im trying to corroborate this video with the 4chan report a while back. some things are similar, other things are way off. dont know what to believe....

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I would assume it would have to be backwards compatible...if not then the Bionic and other newer devices wouldn't be able to receive the update...it would basically draw a line in the sand and permanently stop the updating of tons of phones.
we've also seen physical buttons on the droid razr/spyder and vigor, so i guess its up to the manufacturers what they wanna do as far as buttons go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol