Video tour of ICS, behold the glory!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought u meant that u were worried that a 720p HD display will affect the perfomace of the phone. Thus, i figured that u though ICS might will be slow and not improve on performance. Once again, sorry. I did not mean to get u angry.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

you got me smashing stuff angry you sorry SOB!!!! jk, no worries, i gues im a little testy today!!

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This looks awesome....if this is true than I have validation in picking this phone over the sgsIIe4gt (whew)...lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, it seems kind of shady the way he shot the video. I also prefer the green of Gingerbread vs. that turquoise blue. I could imagine what it would look like with a different background.

It's funny, I'm excited and a little annoyed at the same time, with this video LOL. I'm not sure how much I like it or not because, I didn't see enough and, we are not even sure it's real.

dr_w

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This is 100% fake. He's using
an ICS theme. I've used the same one myself. Secondly, i'm friends with A.Ruben and this is not real.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
it seems the launcher has some similar elements of ics, but IMO is nowhere close to the recent video. This makes me even more excited to see the nexus.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
P3Droid just dropped a bomb on Twitter. Stock android device coming to VZW after all!!!!!
Thank you p3droid. You just made my day.

Reactions: Bearly

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried that it won't have 3D animations, cause the side scrolling on the app drawer didn't have them. 'tis a shame cause that's one of my favorite things about the honeycomb UI, and what makes the new Motorola UI so appealing to me.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
similar elements? you know this how? has there been a real video or screen shots of real ICS?

While I always remain speculative of these things, I'm pretty convinced that the posted video from engadget is the real deal. There has been semi-confirmation from jcase (a rather well known developer from XDA).

There are also a few things shown that no currently available custom Gingerbread ROM, launcher, or series of apps can do. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's rather elaborate (and too well done) for this to be cooked up only for a two minute video just to troll the Android community. If that's the case, then well I say "Bravo" to the troll. I'd also ask for whatever ROM he's running to be released so it can be ported to other devices. :cool:

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Its real. There was a whole debate going on over at the XDA forums. The device in question was remotely locked then wiped after the video was made. Eventually they were able to pull the kernel and ramdisk from the device and tell that it was legit.

Reactions: EggoEspada

marrrio_

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is real or not. But if it is, am I the only one who is not impressed at all by what we saw?

if this is the real ICS, i agree with you. I was expecting more... this cant be it. The only thing i liked in that video was seeing the panorama option in the camera.

jwood55812

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
This is 100% fake. He's using
an ICS theme. I've used the same one myself. Secondly, i'm friends with A.Ruben and this is not real.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

If you were friends with Andy Rubin, you'd know how to spell his last name. Spend a little bit more time at the XDA thread rather than calling BS so quickly.