The Nexus Prime... Is this going to be the actual name?

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that thinks that it would be cool if they could make it a "droid" phone?

Something like the droid nexus or the nexus droid, or maybe a droid prime??

Im just glad for a "pure google experience" phone on Verizon finally!

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: The Nexus Prime... Is this going to be the actual name??

If its a true nexus, dont expect droid branding, imho.

Not sure what it will be called... probably havent heard the true name yet.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Why? There's already enough Droid branded devices. Nexus Prime sounds good to me.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Why? There's already enough Droid branded devices. Nexus Prime sounds good to me.

I don't think it will be Droid branded (though who knows). That said, it would almost definitely sell more with Droid branding. Just about everyone has heard of Droid. It has good brand recognition and a good reputation with the public.

Nexus is a great name IMO, but would have only a fraction of the brand recognition of a Droid.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Droid branding would be cool yes, but would also open the door for verizon to load bloatware instead of giving us a pure google phone. Keep it nexus

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think if Verizon named this device the Droid Nexus it would connotate the best of both worlds to the public. Verizon has pretty successfully marketed the Droid name as belonging to the "Cadillacs" of the android world .Add the "purity factor" of Google's Nexus designation and it makes perfect sense. What would send the alarm bells off for me is if Verizon announces the name as the Droid Prime and drops the Nexus designation.It'll be a bloatware buffet. :'(

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps Droid Nexus Prime wouldn't be too bad.
It'll be a lot shorter than the name Sprint gave the Samsung Galaxy II. ( Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with Droid if it comes without the Bing, Bling and Wiz. I'll be even happier if it comes without the Verizon part too since I'm sick of them.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I will surly drop Verizon if it is a droid. not even remotely interested. Being built by HTC already has me bummed. I wanted some super amoled+ action.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I will surly drop Verizon if it is a droid. not even remotely interested. Being built by HTC already has me bummed. I wanted some super amoled+ action.
What are you talking about? Whether it's "droid " branded or not, most rumors have it pegged as stock. And no one has it pegged as a HTC phone. Your post confuses me ,,,

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

jackie-chan-meme.png

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So all you people thinking the phone will be be called Droid Prime or Droid Nexus Prime on Verizon, do you believe the Droid branding :-

a) Was at Verizon's Insistence, their "price" for carrying a stock (ie less profitable due to no add ons) phone.
b) Was at Google's insistence to separate it from the pure Nexus Prime (available on other carriers), due to Verizon sticking various bloatware on it.

or

c) Somebody's idea that a Droid branded phone will sell more than a Nexus.

This phone will obviously not be called Droid anything outside of Verizon due to George Lucas being a greedy bastard.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I still think it's going to be "Galaxy Nexus." Samsung has a lot invested in the Galaxy Brand and this phone kept them from running the GS2 on Verizon. Also if this was named Droid there would then be 3 duel core high end Droid phones competing against each other with the Droid HD on the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC