16 MP Camera?

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My initial thought is that the amount of MP does not a better camera make. Pushing how many mega pixels a camera has is more of a way to sell something to the general public. They give you a large number and say, "hey look at how much OF THIS we have. I am not knocking it, however I feel that every camera is so very slightly different, and those slight differences make a HUGE difference when all is said and done. I would like to see a screeny posted from the camera before I give it any sort of props.

EDIT this is the Nexus Prime forum. This post should be moved.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd much rather see an 8 MP camera with a good quality lens. More MP equate to larger file sizes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
they MP increase isnt quite as interesting as the backlit CCD sensor. i have read info on this tech and it is very interesting and helps a big problem most phone cameras have, issues with low light shots.

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see this in the Prime, and mainly for the megapixel count. I know the MP is only a fraction of the equation but I'm willing to bet that the rest of the equation is 'next gen' as well and will probably take amazing pictures, specially if it has the backlit CCD sensor edizzle stated.

But the main reason I'd like to see this in the Prime is for marketing. The Prime is slated to go mono-e-mono with the iPhone 5, and this battle is going to come down to much more than android vs apple, fanboy vs fanboy. It's going to be a marketing battle and having a camera with TWICE the MP of the iPhone will be something that will grab the attention of the mass market.