What's your backup plan?

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Lets play a roll playing game:
So you're a verizon customer, You've been holding on to an upgrade for months, possibly due to the ridiculous delays on the bionic. You've always wanted a nexus device but you've pretty much given up on big red ever getting one. Then like a shining beacon of hope, rumors of the nexus prime show up. You're intrigued but skeptical, chatter grows louder and you become excited. The CTIA event next week passes and.... nothing. Ok, no big deal, it is a convention more for people in "the biz" than for consumers. The Rumored launch day isn't untill november, so you budget appropirately for buying a new phone. Then the day arives and just like the n1, they annouce and launch the same time! rejoice! But wait a minute, didn't they say GSM radios? I didn't hear anything about CDMA. Sounds like they are making it as globally usable as possible, and you're stuck without your phone. Good news is you have an upgrade and money burning a hole in your pocket. What do you do? Do you go with the bionic? wait for the stratosphere or the vigor?

Personally I would probably just buy the bionic, with an extended battery, since it doesn't look as awful as some other phones *cough*tbolt*cough*

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Back to the Iphone because android phones shouldn't have skins and no phone should have crapware. Vigor would be nice but HTC can't make a phone with good battery life and apple and samsung's screens kick the hell out of htc.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Stratosphere or Vigor. I'm getting a bit annoyed at poky 3G data...it wasn't a problem before but now that I've moved...I barely get any signal indoors for data.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
1) Nexus Prime slider on Verizon
2) Droid 4 (if it comes out this year)
3) Droid 3 or Stratosphere, then buy Droid 4 next year

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem I will have (since I'm not on Verizon or even in the US) but for the sake of argument if I was what I did next would depend on were I lived, what phone I had and why Verizon was not carrying the Nexus. If it turns out that they turned down the Nexus because they were not allowed to put their crapware or branding on the phone then I would leave Verizon After sending them a letter explaining why they had lost me as a customer, maybe starting up a campaign to get others to drop verizon for this reason.
If it was for some other reason then I would look at the other phones available from Verizon and any other carriers that had good service in my area. The age of my phone and how much I needed/wanted features it didn't have would decide how much longer I would be willing to wait for something else (ie another phone with ICS) to come along.

I have another question for you. What if you were told at the nexus prime launch that the Verizon version was coming soon, like they did with the nexus one, would you trust them to deliver this time?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I might go for the HTC Vigor or just save my upgrade. My Thunderbolt is completely capable, I just want the Nexus experience.

Sent from my ADR6400L

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the Nexus Prime is my Plan E or F. I've been sitting on an upgrade since Aug. 2010. If no Nexus though, then I'd seriously consider the Vigor, Bionic, Stratosphere, and possibly the Droid HD depending on release schedule. I really plan on getting new phone by Thanksgiving.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been sitting on an upgrade since April. Tried the Bionic but did not like it. If the Prime either never comes or somehow disappoints, I would probably give T-Mobile or AT&T a try.

Believe it or not, Verizon gets a bad signal at my house. AT&T and T-Mobile are better there. So giving one of them a try might make sense regardless.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Probably go back to the Bionic, get the Vigor, or get a Thunderbolt off eBay to save my upgrade for something else later on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Role playing, not roll playing. Sorry, couldn't help myself! I'd probably get a cheap TB or DB off eBay until I could try a 4.6" HD screen.

Thanks, Robrecht

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would either keep what I got or get a Bionic or Iphone 5. The Nexus phone is my number one though.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My plan B? I'd probably hang on to my TBolt until something truly awesome came along. I don't NEED to upgrade; I just want to.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably just stick with my Bionic. The Droid HD seems like it could be very nice but nothing I'm willing to pay full price for. I'll just wait a year before Verizon allows me to do another early upgrade and by that time better phones will be out.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
at this point, i don't think there's any way i would get the Bionic. the Nexus and Moto Spyder are at the top of my list. if vzw screws with the Nexus, then i will wait for the Spyder.

now, the Droid HD has been showing up in vzw's CelleBrite. but, some indications are that the DHD may be the new D4, or it could be the Spyder (aka Droid RAZR). while i certainly like my OG, i may be done with pkb's. i'll probably wait for the Spyder, regardless of when it comes out.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
at this point, i don't think there's any way i would get the Bionic. the Nexus and Moto Spyder are at the top of my list. if vzw screws with the Nexus, then i will wait for the Spyder.

now, the Droid HD has been showing up in vzw's CelleBrite. but, some indications are that the DHD may be the new D4, or it could be the Spyder (aka Droid RAZR). while i certainly like my OG, i may be done with pkb's. i'll probably wait for the Spyder, regardless of when it comes out.

So you think VZW won't screw with the Spyder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz