This is directed at the people renewing their contract for the new nexus phone.

All of us on verizon still unlimited data. if we decide to upgrade will we inherit that crappy 2gb data cap?

Maybe theres someone on here that works at verizon could give us the answer? I thought about this earlier today and i dont think itll change my decision to buy the Nexus Prime, but i wont like the 2gb cap at all...

If there is that data cap, would it change your decision to buy the Prime?
    10-03-2011 11:24 AM
    You should have unlimited 4g. I read that awhile back when they made the switch
    10-03-2011 11:27 AM
    I was thinking of a talk my wide into buying it full price no contact.
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2011 11:33 AM
    i dont have 4g where i live yet, and i know that "new" verizon customers get the cap, but what ab those that are upgrading?

and I would buy it outright, but i dont have that much extra money....
    10-03-2011 11:36 AM
    i dont have 4g where i live yet, and i know that "new" verizon customers get the cap, but what ab those that are upgrading?

and I would buy it outright, but i dont have that much extra money....
    You should be grandfathered into an unlimited data contract, as long as you continue to renew the contract of an existing line.

If you add a line or sign a new contract, you will not have unlimited data.
    10-03-2011 11:41 AM
    You should be grandfathered into an unlimited data contract, as long as you continue to renew the contract of an existing line.

If you add a line or sign a new contract, you will not have unlimited data.

yes, i just checked on verizons site, and thats whats going to happen. thanks for letting me know!
    10-03-2011 11:51 AM
    yes, i just checked on verizons site, and thats whats going to happen. thanks for letting me know!
    You think you can point me in the direction of which you found this. Thanks!
    10-03-2011 12:20 PM
    When I upgraded to the Bionic I was able to keep my unlimited plan. I ended up returning it. When I decide to get the Prime, I will still be able to stay under the unlimited plan.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2011 05:48 PM
    Oh yeah I'm taking my wives upgrade for sure then!
    10-03-2011 06:13 PM
    Just to clarify, you can still get unlimited data when upgrading IF and only if you were already a Verizon customer with a smartphone (3G or 4G) with an unlimited data plan as of July 7th. If you are on Verizon and are upgrading from a feature phone you can't get unlimited data.

Edit: Also supposedly this is how Verizon is dealing with things right now, but it is subject to change in the future, and they probably will not grandfather unlimited data users forever, so when you do upgrade I would check you next bill to make sure they didn't "accidentally" move you over to a tiered data plan.
    10-03-2011 06:42 PM
    You think you can point me in the direction of which you found this. Thanks!
    i did the live chat option, and asked the sales person. they said that as long as you dont sign up for new service, youll be grandfathered in to unlimeted data..
    10-03-2011 08:33 PM
    i did the live chat option, and asked the sales person. they said that as long as you dont sign up for new service, youll be grandfathered in to unlimeted data..
    For now.... Until they pull total shenanigans and move us all to tiered

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-03-2011 08:50 PM
    For now.... Until they pull total shenanigans and move us all to tiered

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yeah, somehow that wouldnt surprise me... if something happens, and we get stuck on a tiered plan, im gonna be pretty mad, to say the least...
    10-03-2011 09:21 PM
    I bet we can milk unlimited for a little while to come...
    10-03-2011 09:24 PM
    I'm unlimited and never come anywhere near 2 GB a month. Now I expect that to change using a 4G phone.
    10-03-2011 10:01 PM
    Ya last month I used about 11 gigs of data. Downloading and flashing 2 separate roms a day will do that.
    10-03-2011 10:10 PM