Estimate of how much Nexus/Droid Prime will cost?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
VZW seems committed to a price of 299.99 for their high-end, LTE smartphones (with a 2 year contract). I'd expect to see this price point.

As for full retail, I wouldn't be surprised to see something around 599.99

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
VZW seems committed to a price of 299.99 for their high-end, LTE smartphones (with a 2 year contract). I'd expect to see this price point.

As for full retail, I wouldn't be surprised to see something around 599.99

This. I really cannot see it getting any more expensive than 299.99.

Are nexus phones subsidized?

Yep, they are if bought from a carrier.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
is the nexus prime going to be a 4g phone? I havent heard anthing about that, maybe i just missed it. not that it really matters, i dont have 4g in my area yet. but im sure ill have it before long.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im buying it full retail. But i work at best buy so im hoping it;s 600 off contract. So i can get it for about 450 with my discount and save my upgrade.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im buying it full retail. But i work at best buy so im hoping it;s 600 off contract. So i can get it for about 450 with my discount and save my upgrade.

Is there a limit to the amount you can buy on your discount? If you were offering $100 off the full retail (keeping $50 for yourself) you would have loads of customers.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there a limit to the amount you can buy on your discount? If you were offering $100 off the full retail (keeping $50 for yourself) you would have loads of customers.

lol yea, best buy keeps track of things like that. Like if i buy 3-4 phones off contract, i'd [rpbab;y get fired. There so scary about their discounts

GrillMouster

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon's version of the Nexus is $299, and the iPhone 5 is $199, I'll have to think hard about whether it's time to switch to iOS. Even if the iPhone is 3G and the Nexus is 4G, I've been fine with 3G speeds for what I do on my phone. Any time I might want faster speeds I'm usually at home or some other location where I have wifi, so 4G isn't enough to justify the $100 premium. Verizon is getting crazy with its pricing. I'm sure that third party retailers will over the Nexus for less than what Verizon will charge, but going through a third party will ruin the promotional $20 discount I have on the data plan for each of my lines.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't quite agree that the pricing of these devices are out of control. Don't get me wrong, I love a bargain and will hunt for it. But look at the tech that goes into these things a how advance they're getting. I have a desktop that gets blown away by my Fascinate. Granted it's little old but I paid good money for it. My point is we want the next device to be bigger and better but don't want to pay for it and that's unrealistic. If the price is too much then get a low to mid range device. I like $299 for this.

Reactions: Wiggy0211

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ummmmm......the TB and Revolution aren't "Droids"....mainly because they don't have "Droid" as part of the name. Droid branding also has nothing to do with 299 pricing.

while droid branding has nothing directly to do with pricing:
at time of release
HTC thunderbolt - $250
LG revolution -$250
DROID charge -$300
DROID bionic -$300

as for this device, while it wont be Droid branded, i am still thinking it will be $300. any cheaper i will be stoked. any more, i will still probably get it.

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
For any subsidized phone, $300 is far too much. It's not like smartphones before didn't have $550+ retail prices; this is Verizon's attempt at screwing us out of $100.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic didn't sell like they wanted it to, evidenced by the swift drop from 299 to 249. Is it possible this comes out straight at 249 then?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
while droid branding has nothing directly to do with pricing:
at time of release
HTC thunderbolt - $250
LG revolution -$250
DROID charge -$300
DROID bionic -$300

as for this device, while it wont be Droid branded, i am still thinking it will be $300. any cheaper i will be stoked. any more, i will still probably get it.

I agree that will be probably be 300. But I will say that the price is probably more consistent with the hardware rather than "Droid". For instance the first 2 doesn't have a good of hardware as the latter 2 which would affect the cost. Just a coincidence that they both have Droid in the same. But if we compare hardware to hardware, it wouldn't be hard to see why there is a price different. Now if we want to say that Droid device typically have better hardware than others which in turn have higher prices then I would be inclined to agree.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084