Estimate of how much Nexus/Droid Prime will cost?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm very tempted to pay the off contract price for this phone, especially if a lot of the better rumors turn out to be true. I love my Thunderbolt, and I hate the idea of spending $500+ for a new phone, but I can't help it, heh... I wonder how much I could sell my Thunderbolt (and extended battery) for...? Hm.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless it has 32 gig of onboard memory $299 just won't fly with the average consumer. Not when the iPhone 4s is priced at $199 at 16 gig. $299 at 32 gig. Just my 2 cents.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm very tempted to pay the off contract price for this phone, especially if a lot of the better rumors turn out to be true. I love my Thunderbolt, and I hate the idea of spending $500+ for a new phone, but I can't help it, heh... I wonder how much I could sell my Thunderbolt (and extended battery) for...? Hm.

I'll be doing this. I came close to selling my bolt and getting the bionic but some people told me to hold out another month and it would be worth it...good thing I listened.

Jay Nova

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have just kind of a general question about the cost of phones. Why is it that phones with 2x the memory are an extra $100? I mean, you can get a microSD card online for a fraction of the cost. Can't manufacturers buy these parts in bulk and get it for super cheap? Just something I've always been curious about...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
eBay pays upto $200 for Tbolt.

What, like, eBay buys it from you straight up, no listing required? Think I could get a higher price if I listed it myself? I know it's an older phone by now, but eh, was hoping to get a little more from it, especially if the Nexus ends up being $600+ off contract.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
He was saying this isn't droid like lg and htc aren't. English, do you speak it?

He was also saying that devices branded as "Droid" cost more than other Android devices. And I simply pointed out that it wasn't because they are called "Droid" but because they happen to have better hardware than many devices that aren't "Droid", especially on Verizon. Understand now?

fallacies

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that phones with 2x the memory are an extra $100? Can't manufacturers buy these parts in bulk and get it for super cheap?...

only Apple charges +$100 for each tier of memory...
and they only do it because Apple consumers believe Apple - when APPLE says that their hardware, features and pricings are competitive...

Apple reminds me of Acura...
why are acuras so overprices? they do not have better HP/Torque, nor are they more reliable cars... For that, spend the extra $5k and get a Lexus...

likewise,
take the extra $100, and get a Android Phone (Motorola or Samsung).
(...maybe mid/end of next year HTC will catch up.);

but, don't fall into the Apple trap...
buying a new phone for just a processor upgrade, and new iOS 5 software (that'll eventually be on all the older phones anyway)...

Reactions: Jay Nova

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have just kind of a general question about the cost of phones. Why is it that phones with 2x the memory are an extra $100? I mean, you can get a microSD card online for a fraction of the cost. Can't manufacturers buy these parts in bulk and get it for super cheap? Just something I've always been curious about...

Easy money for the manufacture. They have a version if you are on a budget but if you want the loaded version its silly expensive. Look at cars, I've seen the loaded versions being nearly twice the price but don't worry they can still get your business (money) with the base model... :)

Reactions: Jay Nova