10-05-2011 05:42 PM
144 12345 ...
tools
    will the bezel stop you guys that have a problem with it from buying the phone?
    Absolutely not. As long as the phone overall is aesthetically pleasing, powerful, and an actual Nexus (on Verizon), then I'm game.
    10-04-2011 11:05 AM
    Upside-down photoshopped Nexus S displaying a picture?
    I don' t think so. Look at the top of the pic. Looks like a volume rocker. Seems like if it was an upside down Nexus S, the volume rocker would be a little lower in the pic.
    10-04-2011 11:09 AM
    Fake
    care to elaborate?
    10-04-2011 11:10 AM
    Look at the broken text on the left
    10-04-2011 11:13 AM
    I'm calling fake, as well. Why? Because I took the image into Photoshop and cranked up the brightness on the image three times and the black area on the left of the bezel at the bottom refuses to lighten due to brightness being increased. This tells me that something has been blacked out/tampered with in an image editing program. Just my opinion, but that's how I feel.
    10-04-2011 11:15 AM
    I'm calling fake, as well. Why? Because I took the image into Photoshop and cranked up the brightness on the image three times and the black area on the left of the bezel at the bottom refuses to lighten due to brightness being increased. This tells me that something has been blacked out/tampered with in an image editing program. Just my opinion, but that's how I feel.
    I did notice, without using photoshop, that that area of the image in picture is "blacker" than the other areas of the phone. Could be the user/camera blocking out ambient light, but it certainly looks different.
    10-04-2011 11:18 AM
    Is that Peter Bishop in the reflection?
    10-04-2011 11:18 AM
    After closely comparing the S to this suppposed Prime they sure look the same. If you take away the lit up buttons on "prime" pic the bezel looks exactly the same size. Vol rocker is in same position and the only thing that seems maybe different is the color of the very outside edge which could be easily made misleading. Hmmmmm... def not sold.
    10-04-2011 11:33 AM
    GSMArena updated their picture with a bigger shot...found here:
    Photo zoom - GSMArena.com
    10-04-2011 11:36 AM
    GSMArena updated their picture with a bigger shot...found here:
    Photo zoom - GSMArena.com
    Compare that to this:
    Google Images

Realize the phones prob will be very similar but still seems kinda fishy.
    10-04-2011 11:41 AM
    I did notice, without using photoshop, that that area of the image in picture is "blacker" than the other areas of the phone. Could be the user/camera blocking out ambient light, but it certainly looks different.
    I pretty much always see eye-to-eye with you when I'm reading this forum. I do now as well. That area of the image is ABNORMALLY darker than the rest of the image. Also, though the new Nexus will, reportedly, have the curved glass, I just can't see this thing being just a larger Nexus S. I think it will be a lot different. If it was just a larger Nexus S, then that wouldn't be revolutionary or game-changing. It would just be old-hat, and boring. Again, just my opinion. This thing has been so tightly under wraps that I think we are in for something very special and game-changing. I've never seen a phone, in the last few years, arrive without even one credible image leak. This phone, in my opinion, might make it to announcement without a real image being leaked, and I believe that speaks volumes as to how amazing and game-changing it will be. At least, that's what I hope will happen.
    Wiggy0211 likes this.
    10-04-2011 11:43 AM
    Is that Peter Bishop in the reflection?
    THAT is funny
    10-04-2011 11:44 AM
    October 4, 2011-- "GSM Arena, this is Mission Control (Google). You're clear for take off".

There's no doubt this is a marketing ploy by the Sammy/Google team for us Android Geeks just in time for the iPhoney event.

Looks very promising. .. Additionally, my perspective of it in his hands sees this phone as being VERY thing. (Hump or no hump on bottom -> can't be determined), but at least we can kind of tell the mid-portion of the phone..
    10-04-2011 11:52 AM
    I don't think the bezel is that big. That picture is taken at the perfect angle to maximize the perception of a large bezel. This is much ado about nothing.
    the bezel to me looks in line with the Charge (which I, as in ME, like).. it helps my PTU case latch on and protects it from face-down falls!
    10-04-2011 11:59 AM
    has anyone thought it might be the nexus prime upside down. i.e. virtual buttons at the top of the screen and that's the top bevel? Although I'm not seeing a speaker grill.
    10-04-2011 12:01 PM
    Yeah, with that larger photo, it looks like the bottom half where the screen dimensions are has been modified in photoshop.
    10-04-2011 12:28 PM
    has anyone thought it might be the nexus prime upside down. i.e. virtual buttons at the top of the screen and that's the top bevel? Although I'm not seeing a speaker grill.
    ummm but the next and buttons are right side up.....
    10-04-2011 12:40 PM
    okay this may be off topic, but regardless what's Nexus Prime design is going to be, we know it won't be worse than what Apple has to offer now.
    10-04-2011 01:07 PM
    It looks like a Photoshopped iPod touch to me.
    10-04-2011 01:10 PM
    That photo doesn't look modified in any way to me. Who knows, but it looks legit to me.
    10-04-2011 01:10 PM
    the screen is 4.56". it just looks and acts like a 4.3" because of the on-screen navigation buttons.

1184 x 720 = 322 dpi at 4.3"
    1280 x 720 = 322 dpi at 4.56"

the missing 96 pixels are the on screen buttons
    I calculated 4.33 without counting the buttons, and 4.59 counting the buttons. And that is at 319.96 ppi, since it says 320 not 322, but yeah same thing, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they officially called this 4.6 inches, I mean the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is actually 7.67 inches.
    10-04-2011 01:12 PM
    okay this may be off topic, but regardless what's Nexus Prime design is going to be, we know it won't be worse than what Apple has to offer now.
    .....especially now that we know there is no iPhone 5. It's the 4s. The live blog I've been watching says a A5 dual core (7X faster than iPhone 4) but same form factor and resolution. The cloud stuff seems cool. The iPhone doesn't need more speed since it's OS isn't asked to do a whole lot. Much more interesting stuff going on here IMO.
    10-04-2011 01:14 PM
    the more I look at it it does look like it could be a Nexus S. I was all excited for a real leak. *Shakes fist at Google* SOMEBODY LEAVE ONE SOMEWHERE!!!!
    drbugsmn likes this.
    10-04-2011 01:15 PM
    At least we know Apple has epic failed at life.
    SuperIVIan11 likes this.
    10-04-2011 01:16 PM
    I also call fake. If you look closely at the image:
    http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/11...marena_001.jpg

You can see at the botom how the s,w,x,y letters on the left (scaled,width,xdpi,ydpi) are off the screen. In fact that entire block of text on the bottom half appears much crisper than the top half. Also it appears to pop off the screen, whereas the top is definitely inside the glass.
    10-04-2011 01:20 PM
144 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD