10-05-2011 05:42 PM
144 ... 23456
tools
    I also call fake. If you look closely at the image:
    http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/11...marena_001.jpg

You can see at the botom how the s,w,x,y letters on the left (scaled,width,xdpi,ydpi) are off the screen. In fact that entire block of text on the bottom half appears much crisper than the top half. Also it appears to pop off the screen, whereas the top is definitely inside the glass.
    GREAT call. Definite fake.
    10-04-2011 01:22 PM

You can see at the botom how the s,w,x,y letters on the left (scaled,width,xdpi,ydpi) are off the screen. In fact that entire block of text on the bottom half appears much crisper than the top half. Also it appears to pop off the screen, whereas the top is definitely inside the glass.
    That block of text also doesn't look to have quite the perspective as the top half. I also see a slight bluish hue in the top text, and not in the bottom text. Hmm..
    10-04-2011 01:25 PM

Could be fake, but not because of what you just mentioned. The photo was taken at an angle so the letters will look like they are touching the edge of the screen, the letters on the left edge towards the bottom are just as close as the letters from the top, "orientation" "screen" "touchscreen" etc. I think you are confused from looking at the blue-ish glare over "DisplayMetrics" which makes it look like it isn't touching the edge of the display, but really it is.

Edit: And as far as the text looking different on the bottom, focusing and perspective will do that to an image.
    10-04-2011 01:27 PM
    Could be fake, but not because of what you just mentioned. The photo was taken at an angle so the letters will look like they are touching the edge of the screen, the letters on the left edge towards the bottom are just as close as the letters from the top, "orientation" "screen" "touchscreen" etc. I think you are confused from looking at the blue-ish glare over "DisplayMetrics" which makes it look like it isn't touching the edge of the display, but really it is.

Edit: And as far as the text looking different on the bottom, focusing and perspective will do that to an image.
    No, it looks as those the letters literally overlap onto the bezel...not just touch the edge of the screen. Look closely.
    10-04-2011 01:34 PM

Agreed.
    10-04-2011 01:34 PM
    Well if this was a leak meant to detract from the iPhone, lol this attempt failed miserably.
    10-04-2011 01:39 PM

Could be bloom.. its definitely bright..
    10-04-2011 01:42 PM
    No, it looks as those the letters literally overlap onto the bezel...not just touch the edge of the screen. Look closely.
    Again it just looks like it's a little out of focus. Photography is a hobby of mine, so let me try to explain. When something is out of focus it tends to get blurry and actually sort of grow in size.

Look at this out of focus image... http://www.kenrieves.com/blogphotos/...line_small.jpg

You can see where the line is in focus it is a fine line, but as it becomes out of focus it grows and bends and starts to blend in with it's border. Sorry it's kind of hard to explain, but trust me this happens all the time in photographs.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    10-04-2011 01:45 PM
    Again it just looks like it's a little out of focus. Photography is a hobby of mine, so let me try to explain. When something is out of focus it tends to get blurry and actually sort of grow in size.

Look at this out of focus image... http://www.kenrieves.com/blogphotos/...line_small.jpg

You can see where the line is in focus it is a fine line, but as it becomes out of focus it grows and bends and starts to blend in with it's border. Sorry it's kind of hard to explain, but trust me this happens all the time in photographs.
    But the text doesn't look out of focus...nor does it look "larger" on just its left side. It's crisp text that isn't on the screen.
    10-04-2011 01:51 PM
    Look at the W zoomed in
    10-04-2011 01:53 PM
    But the text doesn't look out of focus...nor does it look "larger" on just its left side. It's crisp text that isn't on the screen.
    It doesn't look that crisp to me. Copy this image into ms paint or something and start typing text over it and compare it, it's not as crisp as it looks. All I am saying is that images like this will play tricks on you, and this looks like a pretty low quality "camera phone" photo anyways so I wouldn't study it too much.
    10-04-2011 01:57 PM
    the bottom bezel is for swipe gesture to make soft buttons appear/disappear
    10-04-2011 02:00 PM
    i could go for the swipe gesture area idea.
    connormoore725 likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:04 PM
    Bezel is to Nexus Prime as PenTile is to Droid Bionic. Just sayin'
    milkshed27 likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:08 PM
    played around with contrast and brightness a bit. definitely looks photoshopped to me. what do you guys think?
    look at the bottom left where everyone has noticed the difference. it's pretty blacked out in most places on the bezel... odd
    10-04-2011 02:19 PM
    the bottom bezel is for swipe gesture to make soft buttons appear/disappear
    I think you may be right. I like the idea
    10-04-2011 02:20 PM
    Bezel is to Nexus Prime as PenTile is to Droid Bionic. Just sayin'
    Am I the only one confused by all the comments about the bezel? I mean we don't have a picture of the full length or width here, that bezel could be super tiny for all we know.
    NJ Valid#AC likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:20 PM
    played around with contrast and brightness a bit. definitely looks photoshopped to me. what do you guys think?
    look at the bottom left where everyone has noticed the difference. it's pretty blacked out in most places on the bezel... odd
    Maybe it's due to the shadow being cast by his hand??

Just playing devils advocate here.
    10-04-2011 02:22 PM
    Emphasis mine. I think you just answered you're own question. :P

It honestly looks normal to me.

Edit: If you look closely you can see a hand and a phone taking the picture, that is what is causing the deep black shadows on the device, let me draw an outline to show you... Give me a sec and I'll post it here.

10-04-2011 02:23 PM
    Yeah I think people are looking way too much into this. I personally think this isn't doctored, especially after seeing the larger, clearer picture. Regardless, October 11th is coming up soon and we'll surely know then.
    allan1313 and NJ Valid#AC like this.
    10-04-2011 02:47 PM
    Or we can wait a week and see it for real.................

Just saying
    10-04-2011 02:48 PM
    Am I the only one confused by all the comments about the bezel? I mean we don't have a picture of the full length or width here, that bezel could be super tiny for all we know.
    Nope. You aren't. My comment was sarcastic if it wasn't obvious

I think people are overreacting, as usual.
    10-04-2011 02:49 PM
    If it were real why would they have just taken a full phone shot? That can be done discretely.
    10-04-2011 02:50 PM
    If it were real why would they have just taken a full phone shot? That can be done discretely.
    I think a full phone shot would be breaking speculative blurrycam tradition at this point.
    10-04-2011 02:53 PM
    Yeah I think people are looking way too much into this. I personally think this isn't doctored, especially after seeing the larger, clearer picture. Regardless, October 11th is coming up soon and we'll surely know then.
    Yeah I agree.

I should clarify that I'm not trying to prove that this image is real by any means, the way I see it, it's like "innocent until proven guilty." This thing could be totally 100% fake, but as of right now I see logical explanations for ever "oddity" pointed out in this photograph, and I'm Adobe certified in Photoshop. At the end of the day it's up to you to take the photo for what it is and judge it how ever you like, but as you mentioned we will know for certain in 7 days.
    10-04-2011 02:53 PM
144 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD