Screen snap of nexus prime?

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Look how clear those letters are....

Pentile doesnt seem to matter with THAT kind of clarity...

This has got me excited

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks so similar to the Nexus S from what we can see. That's a lot of bezel in the bottom though. What's up with that? Might as well have buttons if you're keeping the space anyway. Lol.

Edit: Also, if you look at the banding around the device , it looks grayish -- like metal or something of he sorts? I hope it's not a plastic backing.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting a thinner bezel. Not really a big deal for me and there could be some unforeseen hardware limitations to having the screen cover the entire front (internal housing of antenna, mic, etc.?). Not sure if that would make a difference.

Otherwise maybe they went with a 4.3 inch screen to get higher pixel density?

Taking this with a big grain of salt this time around.

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
After reading the comments, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think the bezel is that big and doesn't really care.

Last edited:

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
After reading the comments, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't thing the bezel is that big and doesn't really care.

I don't care either, ifs just surprising. It seems bigger though because of how black the bottom navigation buttons are. If you look at it a certain angle, you'll see that its slightly less than the Nexus S.

Sent from my ADR6400L

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
4.3" wtf? Why so much bezel?

I'm confused. It looks like the screen is around the same size as the GS2. I'm not sure where 4.3" came from.
What you are seeing here is the first live photo of the Nexus Prime (or part of it), which comes to confirm several important specs of the upcoming device. First, we've got the HD resolution of the Super AMOLED confirmed - that's 720p on a screen just 4.6" in diagonal. As you can see from the image itself this gives you a pixel density of over 320 dpi, which is certainly more than anyone could need.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm definitely reserving judgment till we actually see the whole phone instead of just a grainy, angled corner shot.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
the screen is 4.56". it just looks and acts like a 4.3" because of the on-screen navigation buttons.

1184 x 720 = 322 dpi at 4.3"
1280 x 720 = 322 dpi at 4.56"

the missing 96 pixels are the on screen buttons

Reactions: DNicolasL and Mooem

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
To help put my extreme dislike for the bezel in perspective ... I really don't like the idea of having software buttons. I'd much prefer the capacitive buttons (and most prefer hardward buttons). That said, I was thinking that I could possibly overcome my dislike if the software buttons were roughly in the same place on the front of the phone as the capacitive buttons (basically keeping the physical size the same, but increasing the display size, and thereby allowing the software buttons to be in the same location relative to the front of the device as the capacitibe buttons). But, with this screen shot, it appears that the actual display size didn't change and there's a huge bezel where capacitive buttons would normally be, but yet no buttons. Just don't care for it at all. So, I'm with those that really hope that this is a fake.