[Unconfirmed] Oct. 27

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Nothing I can really show you without people screaming "FAKE!", but a reliable tipster's shown me a Word doc that points to a possible Oct. 27 launch. Certainly in the realm of possibility since we're expecting an Oct 11 announcement.

Note that it's also listed as the "Samsung Prime" -- no mention of "Nexus." Not sure whether to worry about that. But gut says not to. Also says it's a replacement for the Droid Charge.

Update: Now that other sites are reporting the same news (*cough*), we'll show you the actual Word doc.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad Apple isn't the only company that is capable of releasing a product within weeks of announcing it. I really hate being teased new products and then having to wait months for a release.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks phil. Hopefully this doesn't end up like the Thunderbolt. I remember when you told us your source predicted February 14 or 17th. Then it got delayed lol

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Fake! Kidding, but seriously this is good news. My upgrade isn't till the 19th, but at least this will give me a chance to see the device and how people react to it and the issues it's bound to have at launch.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It will be a Verizon droid with ICS on the OMAP platform. This droid will be a respectable one if Verizon can keep from locking it down and bloating it to much. Look forward to the droooiiiid. (did you think it wouldn't, lol):cool:

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
It will be a Verizon droid with ICS on the OMAP platform. This droid will be a respectable one if Verizon can keep from locking it down and bloating it to much. Look forward to the droooiiiid. (did you think it wouldn't, lol):cool:

It "could" be a droid, but it very well might not be. That's just a theory. Just in case anyone is wondering.

Various rumors have called the phone:

Droid Prime
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Prime
Nexus Prime

I'm sure I'm missing others.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizons iteration first, then a month or two later the "undroid branded" ones will hit the networks that carry the nexus name.

I wouldn't be mad at that. As long as it has prime in it, Because Got dammit i want a optimus prime boot logo!! make it happen google.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It "could" be a droid, but it very well might not be. That's just a theory. Just in case anyone is wondering.

Various rumors have called the phone:

Droid Prime
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Prime
Nexus Prime

I'm sure I'm missing others.
Verizon's best Google device was a droid OG. Look at the direction it went. It will be a droid because that sells phones on verizon, but let us hope it is like the OG, mostly pure and unlocked.

I could be wrong, maybe Verizon got drunk and allowed a pure untouched holy Google phone to hit the shelf????? Nah, it is Verizon.:p

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's best Google device was a droid OG. Look at the direction it went. It will be a droid because that sells phones on verizon, but let us hope it is like the OG, mostly pure and unlocked.

I could be wrong, maybe Verizon got drunk and allowed a pure untouched holy Google phone to hit the shelf????? Nah, it is Verizon.:p

Its untouched as far as the information we gathered. I highly doubt it'll be Droid branded. I'm willing to bet Verizon simply gave the device the okay, but aren't selling them. Who knows, maybe Google paid them enough to sell and advertise their Nexus phone. ;)

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Phil this is the second time you've done this to me, I report on something then a few days later you say it I have this in the thread " release date prediction ".