[Unconfirmed] Oct. 27

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
It will be a Verizon droid with ICS on the OMAP platform. This droid will be a respectable one if Verizon can keep from locking it down and bloating it to much. Look forward to the droooiiiid. (did you think it wouldn't, lol):cool:

Why the hell would they stick an OMAP proc in there instead of the Exynos? That alone might make me forget about it. All I heard from reviewers was how awesome and blazing fast the E4GT was because of the Exynos.

Between the iFail 4S announcement today and you posting that, I don't know WTF to do.

Last edited:

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizons iteration first, then a month or two later the "undroid branded" ones will hit the networks that carry the nexus name.

I'm a VZ customer now but I'll wait for a true Nexus device. I'm sick of VZ's BS, they have to be the 2nd or 3rd most annoying company on the planet.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a VZ customer now but I'll wait for a true Nexus device. I'm sick of VZ's BS, they have to be the 2nd or 3rd most annoying company on the planet.

Seriously. It seems as if VZW once again want's to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Why can't they just release an awesome phone, untouched. They always have to stick their hands in and muck things up. If their coverage wasn't so awesome I would have told them to shove it and went with AT&T or T-Mo.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell would they stick an OMAP proc in there instead of the Exynos? That alone might make me forget about it. All I heard from reviewers was how awesome and blazing fast the E4GT was because of the Exynos.

Between the iFail 4S announcement today and you posting that, I don't know WTF to do.

Yeah, a little disappointing for sure.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Because Google selected OMAP as the reference processor for ICS.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I am a current VZW customer too, feeling this. I am sick of Verizon Binging, Bloating, and Slathering RED all over it with V this and V that. Yuck. I hope the dreamers are right, and this Samsung phone comes in under the radar fairly un touched.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Cool. If it releases this month as a hard launch then awesome.

Still I want a "NEXUS" device... it this Samsung Prime turns out to be a Nexus device in disguise then I'm okay with that.

I hope that recently leaked app list from the Prime doesn't change. I liked that there was no bloatwear and I hope that remains the same when it launches.

Anyone else a bit nervous now about this new phone? Samsung Prime eh.......hrm.......

EDIT: Also....it's a replacement for all things, the Samsung Charge? Is this a good thing? I'd like to think that if Verizon had the Galaxy S2, that this phone would be a replacement for that model instead.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Complaining about a 1.5 ghz OMAP 4460 selected by Google? I'm sure it will be fine. If that's enough to move anyone off this phone....damn....you're picky.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Complaining about a 1.5 ghz OMAP 4460 selected by Google? I'm sure it will be fine. If that's enough to move anyone off this phone....damn....you're picky.

Fine for you. Google is NOT my god, and I don't think they always take the BEST route. Of course the phone will be fine. It will be great! To see a Exynos in there would have just made my goosebumps bigger. Chill, there will never be a phone that has it ALL. Nature of technology. :cool:

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Why yes...I am picky. There is plenty of competition out their for my dollars. Apple has let me down big time so the iFail 4S is not an option. I decided to pass on the Vigor due to the lame 16XX mah battery. Yes the battery was enough to pass. I was then looking to the Prime. Going with the OMAP over the Exynos "might" be a deal breaker. I will reserve judgement until I either try the phone or see benchmarks.

All I know is Google might have selected the OMAP proc as reference for ICS, but Samsung makes the Exynos and the Prime hardware so I'd rather go with that combo and know it will work perfect together, as has been seen in the other SGS II devices with the Exynos.

Does anyone have any benchmarks for the OMAP 4460?

Chad McRad

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

My thoughts exactly. this is actually a good thing in my eyes. it shows that Google has pretty much all the say in the making of this phone. ala no VZ bloatware, and to be honest why would Google let their FIRST "ICS" phone not be a pure experience? Exactly, they wouldnt. . From what i understand Google wants the OMAP due to the 4G LTE. with that being said the rumors of the OMAP not being used due to availability issues could also mean Exynos will be upgraded to match Googles specifications. and with samsung and their Exynos it means game over.

With Apple flopping and going with the 4S, its time for Google and Samsung to slide right in, Advertise this thing to a whole new level.

All i know is that ill be eating an ice cream cone as i open this sucker. i am stoked beyond belief.

Fingers crossed for the announcement in 7 days!

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the OMAP will be fine. Coupled with 1 gig of RAM and a new OS (ICS) that takes advantage of such processing power will probably make for a great user experience.

I'm not worried so much about the processor. I just wan a Nexus device...this new Samsung Prime name has me nervous...and that it's a replacement for the Charge.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Why yes...I am picky. There is plenty of competition out their for my dollars. Apple has let me down big time so the iFail 4S is not an option. I decided to pass on the Vigor due to the lame 16XX mah battery. Yes the battery was enough to pass. I was then looking to the Prime. Going with the OMAP over the Exynos "might" be a deal breaker. I will reserve judgement until I either try the phone or see benchmarks.

All I know is Google might have selected the OMAP proc as reference for ICS, but Samsung makes the Exynos and the Prime hardware so I'd rather go with that combo and know it will work perfect together, as has been seen in the other SGS II devices with the Exynos.

Does anyone have any benchmarks for the OMAP 4460?

Everyone should be entitled to their opinion, but honestly I think the performance will be just fine with an OMAP processor, you shouldn't pay too much attention to benchmarks. I understand if you want the latest and greatest, but name something this phone won't be able to do with the OMAP, that the Exynos can do?

I mean if I handed you the Prime with an OMAP processor and told you it was Exynos, without running benchmarks do you think you would be able to tell the difference? Playing HD videos, games, etc.?