10-08-2011 11:11 PM
136 1234 ...
tools
    any guesses on what those three led-looking lights are? and is that a power button flush with the chassis as well?
    10-05-2011 12:44 AM
    Bored. So I did this....

On second thought, that can't be an HP jack......

Bottom left side of the phone for an HP jack would be an odd place for it.

What could that be then?

Also, it has quite the curve going there. I like it...sleek.

I'm almost confident enough to say that what we saw earlier today may be a fake.
    10-05-2011 12:44 AM
    If even 75% of all the anticipation that's building up rings true with this phone, if it has just a majority of what we think it will have, I think we'll arguably have the next big Android phone from VZW since the OG Droid. Verizon has serious advertising muscle and deep pockets, and I see them as being able to push a phone like this into more households than anyone else.

This phone looks thinner than most other phones on the market; it has the beautiful contour display/profile; it's Samsung made, so we know the hardware will be quality; it's a Nexus, so it'll be an unadulterated Google experience; it's going to be the first phone with ICS, which will be quite attractive.
    10-05-2011 12:48 AM
    Woah!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 12:50 AM
    maybe the prime uses a magnetic connector instead of micro usb? lol or maybe it's for NFC. or maybe it's for a dock. or maybe they should release it so i can find out already!!
    ejaymd11, delco714 and Wiggy0211 like this.
    10-05-2011 12:52 AM
    Bored. So I did this....

Click to view quoted image

What could that be then?

I'm almost confident enough to say that what we saw earlier today may be a fake.
    I think this is a bit closer:

We're seeing the device from the right side. In the picture, left side is the bottom. camera is on the right side.
    10-05-2011 12:56 AM
    yadao, that makes sense with the current gs2 design having a chin on bottom.
    10-05-2011 01:01 AM
    Bored. So I did this....

Click to view quoted image

What could that be then?

Actually what you think is a camera looks like a reverse chin. That's the bottom. The hp jack is a power decal and the port is the power button. I have no idea what the three bumps are.

Oops Yadao beat me to it! Great job!
    10-05-2011 01:01 AM
    if these three pins allow me to fully recharge my phone in 10min, i'd be happy
    10-05-2011 01:03 AM
    I don't think its quite as thin as the picture make it looks. That top curve looks artificial, created by the brightly lit accent line under the 'Something big'. To my eye, it looks like that cuts off face of the device, but who knows.
    theotherrogue likes this.
    10-05-2011 01:09 AM
    This seems to good to be true. I remember last time I was anticipating a new Nexus coming to Verizon. Thankfully the Incredible was there to soften the blow. I'll hold my full excitement back till the 11th.
    10-05-2011 01:09 AM
    are there any phones out with a chin? That seems pretty ugly to me. I wanna get a better idea
    10-05-2011 01:10 AM
    I'm hoping it's not as curved as the video suggests, because that would produce a weird bulge in your pocket and not in a good way.
    10-05-2011 01:13 AM
    are there any phones out with a chin? That seems pretty ugly to me. I wanna get a better idea
    Galaxy SII

Also to all the people saying it looks way too curvy(which was me when I saw the picture), put the video in 1080p and full screen then pause at the actual device. The black shadow and blue arc makes it look WAY more curvy than it is once you look close enough.

I don't think it's really much more curved than a Nexus S.
    10-05-2011 01:15 AM
    Im a little excited!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTqUEhWYsI&hd=1[/yt]
    cdmta and Wiggy0211 like this.
    10-05-2011 01:15 AM
    The curve definitely looks more extreme at first sight than it is. Everyone is acting like the thing is a boomerang lol. Just stare at the picture closely, you'll realize it's not so bad.
    10-05-2011 01:16 AM
    The curve definitely looks more extreme at first sight than it is. Everyone is acting like the thing is a boomerang lol. Just stare at the picture closely, you'll realize it's not so bad.
    You are correct sir. If you look at the picture closely you will notice the blue line makes the radius look greater. You have to look close!
    10-05-2011 01:26 AM
    I have a feeling this phone is just going to be revolutionary, and will leave apple continuing to try and play catch up.
    wyseguy77 and Lucki like this.
    10-05-2011 01:28 AM
    Samsung Charge has a chin on it. One advantage that is quite noticeable to me is when I listen to music and set the phone down, the chin raises the speaker and doesn't muffle sound. Little funky at first, but definitely an pro!
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    10-05-2011 01:31 AM
    I have a feeling this phone is just going to be revolutionary, and will leave apple continuing to try and play catch up.
    wyseguy77 and rickhamilton620 like this.
    10-05-2011 01:37 AM
    cept apple ran outta ammo and samsung didnt
    ejaymd11 and oxymoron like this.
    10-05-2011 01:43 AM
    Here's the best photo/composite from the video I've seen so far, further showing that the curve really isn't that bad, or really any worst than the Nexus S.

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-cont...exus-Prime.jpg
    10-05-2011 01:44 AM
    cept apple ran outta ammo and samsung didnt
    Just when you thought Apple had something else up it's sleeve, you find out they were full of it. lol
    10-05-2011 01:45 AM
    Maybe the pins have to do with built in induction charging?
    10-05-2011 01:51 AM
    Just when you thought Apple had something else up it's sleeve, you find out they were full of Sh*t. lol
    Yup. I honestly expected at least something that was game changing today, but nope. This is now the perfect opportunity for the Prime to come in and steal the thunder and it looks like Samsung's taking full advantage of it haha.
    10-05-2011 01:54 AM
136 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD