10-08-2011 11:11 PM
136 ... 23456
tools
    My biggest worry is that October 11th arrives and what see announced is not the device coming for Verizon. Oh how frustrating that will be for a lot of folks (me).
    I think I would faint.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 09:09 AM
    Daaayuuuuum.
    10-05-2011 09:11 AM
    I dont know if anyone else already posted this, but I guess the rumor about having a keyboard is pretty much out the window and Im cool with that! I definitely think Samsung can make a thin phone with LTE. Look at their LTE SGS2.... The only thing I am worried about are heating issues and battery life. The SGS2 for Sprint gets AMAZING battery life, but Wimax and LTE are two different beasts.
    The keyboard rumor was most likely about the Droid HD slider that's coming soon.
    10-05-2011 09:21 AM
    Dayyyyummmmmmm
    10-05-2011 09:26 AM
    At first I thought it was obvious that the gold pins were for a dock, similar to the HTC Rhyme, but then I noticed that the power button is on the same side as those pins, so unless the docks will have the phone vertical, they must be for something else, otherwise the power button would be blocked.
    I don't think I would read too far into the exact design.. it's just a render..

If you can only show one side of the phone, you might fudge the render a bit just to show the interesting features.. volume controls and a power button not interesteing, dock connectors = interesting
    10-05-2011 09:46 AM
    My biggest worry is that October 11th arrives and what we see announced is not the device coming for Verizon. Oh how frustrating that will be for a lot of folks (me).
    This scenario is what my nightmares are made of.
    10-05-2011 10:07 AM
    Not worried at all...a launch on any other carrier means thousands of angry GSII returns. This is releasing on VZW.
    10-05-2011 10:16 AM
    Nightmares is what Verizon is made of.
    clarker07 and Wiggy0211 like this.
    10-05-2011 10:16 AM
    Are we still speculating what that hump is? I'm guessing it's the reverse lip and not a camera.
    10-05-2011 10:30 AM
    I hope it comes to AT&T.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 10:31 AM
    Nightmares is what Verizon is made of.
    This made me chuckle.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-05-2011 10:38 AM
    Are we still speculating what that hump is? I'm guessing it's the reverse lip and not a camera.
    The hump is on the bottom of the phone. its the reverse chin that is probably going to be housing the LTE antenne.

if you lighten the pics up, you can just barely see a slight raise at the other end, which is either just something playing with the view, or a slight hump for a camera. and i mean slight, like 1mm if that.
    10-05-2011 10:38 AM
    LOVING the thinness, but didnt know the whole phone was gonna be curved. looks like it might wobble a lot on a flat surface....=T Or do i need my eyes checked?

Edit: if you pause at the right millisecond, it doesnt look so curved after all.
    Yea, I wouldn't start assuming the entire phone is curved because of some editing special effects in 1 video. hehe. It doesn't even make sense to curve the entire phone the way it appears in the video.

I'm not excited about the hump, but I guess that's just how a thin 4G phone has to be these days.
    10-05-2011 10:45 AM
    Not worried at all...a launch on any other carrier means thousands of angry GSII returns. This is releasing on VZW.
    That is exactly why I'm not worried. It seems pretty obvious that VzW didn't get the SGSII for a reason and this has to be the reason!
    10-05-2011 10:48 AM
    this phone is rocking my world, i need more.
    10-05-2011 10:54 AM
    it seems the curve was accentuated for the video as to be a teasing smile.... .. will not be THAT curved for sure.. beautiful phone!
    10-05-2011 10:56 AM
    Is it just me but this looks like my nexus s bigger brother!!

I even held up my Ns to the supersize image and the shape is identical. Anyhow stoked and will buy a GSM T-Mobile version asap. Nexus S going to my mom and prime is for me!!!!
    10-05-2011 11:00 AM
    maybe the prime uses a magnetic connector instead of micro usb?
    that is my initial rxn!
    10-05-2011 11:03 AM
    I called VZW last week to ask about ETF. The rep asked me why I was asking about it (I guess made her think I was early terminate the contract.) A few days later I got an email saying "I earned a new phone". on the phone line I know not ready for upgrade until June 2012.
    10-05-2011 11:12 AM
    Android Police posted a bigger picture - showing a lot more detail:

10-05-2011 11:17 AM
    oh wow, this thing looks like it has some serious potential.

Is it next Tuesday yet????
    10-05-2011 11:19 AM
    I'm hoping it's not as curved as the video suggests, because that would produce a weird bulge in your pocket and not in a good way.
    I think the opposite, i don't know about you but my thigh is curved... unless you're made out of lego's if you put the phone in your pocket with the screen facing in i would think it would comfortable conform to your leg. If you put it in your pocket with the screen facing out, well then it probably would be an awkward bulge...and you'd be an *****... Maybe someone with a Nexus S can speak to this?

As far as the chin goes, i'm sure it's in the design to accomadate the LTE radio. Aesthetically it may not be the best looking, but from my brief time with the Droid Charge i can say that having the reverse chin on the bottom is actually really comfortable to hold in the hand in portrait. It naturally weighs the bottom of the phone down, unlike the Droid X or Bionic where the bulge is at the top creating a slightly top-heavy feel, like the phone is going to somersault out of your hand. The bulge might also help with stabilize the curve when the device is placed on a flat surface.

I think I will have a hard time doing anything between now and the 11th in anticipation, and then when we get the announcement i may just have to take a vacation so i don't obsess over that information til (hopefully) Nov. 3.
    10-05-2011 11:43 AM
    10-05-2011 11:48 AM
    I'm not buying that the extended parts are a tablet. People are starting to see things that aren't there. That's just an extension of the blue line with shadow.
    pwninobrlan likes this.
    10-05-2011 11:51 AM
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. EVAR. Seriously, those guys are idiots. Not you, the slashgear dudes.
    10-05-2011 11:58 AM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD