A perfect combination.

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Very exciting. Obviously the timing was no coincidence; Samsung and Google are in this fight against Apple to win, and they're making me (among thousands of others) crazy in anticipation. What's most important, I think, is the timing of it all. Honestly, Honeycomb has some cool features Android 2.3 and prior were missing (Chrome bookmark sync, aesthetic design overhaul, hardware accelerated apps, software buttons, etc.) ICS is bringing these features (and more) to our phones, and that's exciting. Given the fact that Android is already, in many ways, a more feature-rich platform than iOS, Blackberry, and WebOS, we already have a leg up on everyone else. Add some spit shine/polish thanks to Matias Duarte (the guy who was hired by Google to give Android a facelift) and the rest of the Android team and we're going to have not just the most functional and powerful mobile OS/hardware on the market, but arguably the most attractive.

Other thoughts:

1) It looks beautiful. Sleek, black design that's just as thin as anyone could have hoped.

2) Curved design like the Nexus S - just what I was hoping to see. I've held a Nexus S before, and it's quite comfortable. It's easy to type on and easy to talk on; this phone appears to be taking advantage of the same idea, though it looks just a bit more curved than the Nexus S. Maybe not a bad thing.

3) Back to the thinness... if this is the Nexus Prime on Verizon with a 4G LTE radio inside... I am floored at how thin the phone is if it's packing that kind of internals. The Bionic is a bit thinner than the honestly too-fat Thunderbolt, but this is in a whole different league (by the looks of it). It's hard to say for sure without actual specs, but my guess is it's somewhere between 10-30% thinner than the Thunderbolt. I'd wager to say it'll be a bit lighter (or a lot lighter?), too. Simply guesses here, but knowing Samsung... yeah, a safe guess I think.

4) The 3 pin connector - what's that for? I'm curious. Is that Samsung's proprietary connector plug? I don't like proprietary plugs/ports much, but whatever. That's a small thing I could tolerate on a phone like this.

5) It seems to be what Black_Man_X and P3Droid and Tfleming223 have been saying - a thin phone, sexy design, etc. I think the screen is going to be among the best parts - rumored 720p display with SAMOLED technology. Pretty breathtaking honestly.

6) The reality of it all. This phone is real, and it's happening. It's coming to VZW and it's going to be good. And that's all there is to say. Just knowing that should make all of us rest easier, but also feel a bit more anxious from anticipating the phone's release.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Very exciting. Obviously the timing was no coincidence; Samsung and Google are in this fight against Apple to win, and they're making me (among thousands of others) crazy in anticipation. What's most important, I think, is the timing of it all. Honestly, Honeycomb has some cool features Android 2.3 and prior were missing (Chrome bookmark sync, aesthetic design overhaul, hardware accelerated apps, software buttons, etc.) ICS is bringing these features (and more) to our phones, and that's exciting. Given the fact that Android is already, in many ways, a more feature-rich platform than iOS, Blackberry, and WebOS, we already have a leg up on everyone else. Add some spit shine/polish thanks to Matias Duarte (the guy who was hired by Google to give Android a facelift) and the rest of the Android team and we're going to have not just the most functional and powerful mobile OS/hardware on the market, but arguably the most attractive.

Other thoughts:

1) It looks beautiful. Sleek, black design that's just as thin as anyone could have hoped.

2) Curved design like the Nexus S - just what I was hoping to see. I've held a Nexus S before, and it's quite comfortable. It's easy to type on and easy to talk on; this phone appears to be taking advantage of the same idea, though it looks just a bit more curved than the Nexus S. Maybe not a bad thing.

3) Back to the thinness... if this is the Nexus Prime on Verizon with a 4G LTE radio inside... I am floored at how thin the phone is if it's packing that kind of internals. The Bionic is a bit thinner than the honestly too-fat Thunderbolt, but this is in a whole different league (by the looks of it). It's hard to say for sure without actual specs, but my guess is it's somewhere between 10-30% thinner than the Thunderbolt. I'd wager to say it'll be a bit lighter (or a lot lighter?), too. Simply guesses here, but knowing Samsung... yeah, a safe guess I think.

4) The 3 pin connector - what's that for? I'm curious. Is that Samsung's proprietary connector plug? I don't like proprietary plugs/ports much, but whatever. That's a small thing I could tolerate on a phone like this.

5) It seems to be what Black_Man_X and P3Droid and Tfleming223 have been saying - a thin phone, sexy design, etc. I think the screen is going to be among the best parts - rumored 720p display with SAMOLED technology. Pretty breathtaking honestly.

6) The reality of it all. This phone is real, and it's happening. It's coming to VZW and it's going to be good. And that's all there is to say. Just knowing that should make all of us rest easier, but also feel a bit more anxious from anticipating the phone's release.

You only left out one thing.... YUMMMMMMMMY!!!

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You need to watch the video in full screen, then you will realize that the phone is not too curvy. It's an optical illusion from the blue line.

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You need to watch the video in full screen, then you will realize that the phone is not too curvy. It's an optical illusion from the blue line.

Good point. Watching in full screen 1080 helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I could barely even see the phone on my computer. I was wondering what the big fuss was about. Then I played it on my phone and well I got that boner everyone else was getting lol.