Nexus Prime: A better look with a helping of speculation

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I toyed around with a pair of screenshots from the Nexus Prime video (I have been bored today, and it took all of 5 minutes :p). Basically, I managed to get a pretty good view...of the side of the phone. Not much of interest, per say. 2-tone design, docking connectors, camera hump. However, the interesting part comes when you start taking measurements. (measurements on attached pic, not the SGS2 pic :p)

If we assume the power button is the same size as my galaxy S (big assumption) of a quarter of an inch, you find the whole device to be right around 5" tall. What else is right around 5" tall? The SGS2 HD LTE with it's 4.65 SAMOLED HD screen and buttons, there's about 1/8" difference, little less.

Then again, I always thought the SGS2 HD LTE buttons looked like they were squeezed on as an afterthought, and I'm not sure they could cut any space without cutting buttons. What do you guys think?

samsung-galaxy-s-ii-hd-lte.jpg

Also, it makes it look like the total height difference from the curve is about a quarter of an inch. Not a big curve at all. I forgot to add the lines in the picture, but it would also appear that at the thinnest point in the middle, the device is 6.4mm thin! Almost 13mm from bottom of the chin to highest point of the glass.

Also, ignore the colors around the text. There was overlapping text from the separate screen shots, and it was butting me. Everything else is just lining up two images from two different times in the clip where the light was hitting different parts, and lightening it a little.

And yes, massive levels of speculation and assumption. I'm just taking this in good fun. Entertaining myself with what may well be probably is wrong till the announcement.

Last edited:

MarkAllan

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Samsung use the 'something BIG is coming' tagline with the Galaxy S2 teaser videos back in Aug. or so? Guess that might confirm it'll be a Galaxy 'variant' and maybe called the Galaxy Nexus?

It looks so good though.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
to me, it looks like your highest horizontal line is about 1/8" too high.

if those 3 little circles are a standard size/spacing and someone has those measurements, i can throw it into autoCAD, and get everything sized right and get some serious dimensions on this thing.

my company wont mind :)

Last edited:

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Then again, I always thought the SGS2 HD LTE buttons looked like they were squeezed on as an afterthought, and I'm not sure they could cut any space without cutting buttons. What do you guys think?

Supposedly the Prime isn't supposed to have any hardware or capacative buttons on the front but have integrated software buttons as part of ICS.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
to me, it looks like your highest horizontal line is about 1/8" too high.

if those 3 little circles are a standard size/spacing and someone has those measurements, i can throw it into autoCAD, and get everything sized right and get some serious dimensions on this thing.

my company wont mind :)

I don't know what the circle sizes are, so I took the power switch. I assume a pretty standard size?

As for the horizontal line, it's about right. The right side is actually slightly higher than the left (using this pictures orientation) and that's hard to see on the shrunken picture here.

Supposedly the Prime isn't supposed to have any hardware or capacative buttons on the front but have integrated software buttons as part of ICS.

That's what I'm saying. It's either some tiny tiny buttons, or it's button free...or one of my guesses is totally off.

Isn't the "hump" in the profile picture NOT the camera, but rather a bump at the bottom of the phone?

There are two bumps. The big one on the left of the picture, and a much smaller one on the right. You can also tell it doesn't expand across the whole back, just a strip of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2