Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
samsung_prime_charging.jpg

And that makes me very happy.

ghost010

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i do not know if thats contact charging.

tus if its gona be a world phone.it has to be micro USB,due to the EURO standard that has been implemented in europe(all mobile phone's are requered to suport micro USB for charging) preventhing the bloat on all difrent charger's.

but if its just for a docking station.than itl be all fine with me.

ReaganDee

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
mmmmmmmmm. I was hoping those were contacts for charging in the picture. Now that you have confirmed my suspicions ... I.AM.PUMPED. ... I LOVED contact charging on my crackberry back in the day

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
What are the benefits of contact charging over USB charging?

*customized tapatalk signature*

Basically, it means you can put the phone into a dock for charging instead of having to plug it in. The nexus one has this and it is great--especially in the car dock.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
But the dock has to be plugged in... I don't see how it is any different from phones that currently use docks, other than the form factor. I thought maybe they were more efficient or something... like how even though a mini USB connection is not as convenient as inductive charging, it is much faster and more efficient.

I still don't understand the benefit. It does look cooler though, haha :)

*customized tapatalk signature*

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Excuse the newbie question ... does contact charging mean that there's no USB charging? I'd hate to have to buy docks to charge the device. I'd like to be able to charge in my car, at my desk at work, etc., without carrying a dock around or buying a dock for every location.

Reactions: oxymoron

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My old OG Droid's dock did this with a USB plug. The plug in the dock didn't have the barbs that keep a USB plug connected so it would slip in and out of the Droid's socket with no resistance. And the dock was manufactured accurately enough that you could just drop the phone in the dock and everything lined up and connected.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in the other thread:

At first I thought it was obvious that the gold pins were for a dock, similar to the HTC Rhyme, but then I noticed that the power button is on the same side as those pins, so unless the docks will have the phone vertical, they must be for something else, otherwise the power button would be blocked.

But perhaps the docks will have their own power buttons or something, or maybe they will be some strange design that doesn't block the power button. One never knows.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As I posted in the other thread:

At first I thought it was obvious that the gold pins were for a dock, similar to the HTC Rhyme, but then I noticed that the power button is on the same side as those pins, so unless the docks will have the phone vertical, they must be for something else, otherwise the power button would be blocked.

But perhaps the docks will have their own power buttons or something, or maybe they will be some strange design that doesn't block the power button. One never knows.

That power button looks pretty flush to me. I suspect that having dock pins on the side will allow you to charge while watching a film or (when it's on your bedside table) using it as your alarm clock. Also, there may be pins on the bottom edge too, we just don't know yet.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The picture has an Tablet and a Phone in it. The phone looks like it will be 4.6"!! Any one have a man bag for this phone?:)
NexusPrime.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison