I know the board is filled with Android fanboys, but taking a step back for a moment, I'm a bit concerned that ICS won't feel finished or polished when it's released. Similar to the way Honeycomb felt when it was released. I've had an Android device since day one of the OG Droid's release, but did own a ip4 for about a month, and while I decided it wasn't for me, I did appreciate the smoothness and polished manner of the ios. I just hope that the lack of hard buttons on the prime with ICS leads to some great intuitive innovation and not some geeky, "look what I can do" special effects that aren't practical in real life. I like the efficiency of Android, which is why I prefer it to iOS, but I want something that looks great, is smooth, and easily lets me do things with my phone that I haven't thought I could do before or wished I could do but haven't been able due to hardware and software limitations. Here's to hoping next week won't be a letdown like the Xoom was.
    10-05-2011 07:49 AM
    Not concerned at all.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1318396

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-05-2011 07:52 AM
    They've been working on this since the launch of Honeycomb. I seriously doubt it will lack polish and efficiency. Of course, there's a good chance I'll be wrong :P I'm still picking up my Samsung Nexus 3/Prime/Galaxy on launch day
    10-05-2011 08:15 AM
    If you have any doubt remember that they specifically hired Matias Duarte (director of Palm - WebOS) specifically for this reason. WebOS was an AMAZING UI that was behind a poor product. I believe that ICS will honestly one up IOS in every way. Google does want the fluidity that IOS the problem is they have to streamline it across multiple hardware platforms, apple has to do it across 1.

From the announcements i have heard from ICS the apps will be designed to adjust to the screen size right in the code so developers wont have to develop for multiple platforms either. This is going to be a win win for the developers/consumers alike.
    10-05-2011 08:44 AM
    WebOS was an AMAZING UI that was behind a poor product.
    Actually since it was the UI it was In front of a poor product.
    10-05-2011 08:53 AM
    If you have any doubt remember that they specifically hired Matias Duarte (director of Palm - WebOS) specifically for this reason. WebOS was an AMAZING UI that was behind a poor product. I believe that ICS will honestly one up IOS in every way. Google does want the fluidity that IOS the problem is they have to streamline it across multiple hardware platforms, apple has to do it across 1.

From the announcements i have heard from ICS the apps will be designed to adjust to the screen size right in the code so developers wont have to develop for multiple platforms either. This is going to be a win win for the developers/consumers alike.
    I realize that, I'm just concerned because he worked on Honeycomb also and it was supposed to be great, but I didn't care for it at all.
    10-05-2011 09:03 AM
    He came onboard in the middle of honeycomb so i didnt expect anything too extreme to be honest.
    10-05-2011 09:18 AM
    I realize that, I'm just concerned because he worked on Honeycomb also and it was supposed to be great, but I didn't care for it at all.
    If you dont mind me asking, what didnt you like about honeycomb. I honestly thought it was amazing and i use my tablet everyday
    10-05-2011 09:20 AM
    If you dont mind me asking, what didnt you like about honeycomb. I honestly thought it was amazing and i use my tablet everyday
    Sure, no problem. My biggest issue with any mobile OS is efficiency. That's why I like android. I can put a direct dial icon for my wife on my home screen, I've got a direct text icon for her too. I like the way notifications are utilized (although I'd really like a notifications implementation on the lock screen like ios5 does), I appreciate the way everything is connected together through google's cloud.

For a tablet I'm not using it like I do with my phone. I primary use my Ipad2 for these things, and I mostly doing them one handed on my elipitcal at 6am while I work out each day:
    Check my mail
    Check twitter
    Surf my favorite websites
    Netflix
    and if I'm traveling or at work, I use facetime to see my kids.
    That's pretty much it. With honeycomb, I felt things were very cluttered. I did not care for how the notifications or multi tasking were set up. I like having a unifed inbox. Of course these complaints are all very subjective and are just my opinion.
    10-05-2011 09:55 AM
    ...no.
    10-05-2011 10:13 AM
    I'm not too worried because I think they have been at this long enough now to put out a better product. Time will tell though!
    10-05-2011 10:22 AM
    I think it kinda really needs to be polished for them to really compete with apple and their iPhone 4S mistake that started yesterday!
    10-05-2011 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD