Some speculation that the prime will dock into a tablet

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Another site is reporting that there's some speculation based on the video that the Nexus Prime will actually dock into a tablet from factor like the Atrix/laptop dock. I thought of this a couple months ago but not specifically for the prime. I think it's a great idea if it works well and is priced right, and with the merging of tablet and phone os with ICS this would be the perfect time for it, as long as it's executed well.
Thoughts?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My guess: it's docking into a custom built google microwave. We'll be able to set the power and time and everything right from the screen! There might even a dedicated Hot Pocket button!

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it makes sense.... the video that samsung showed last night was a bout a perfect combination.... milk + cookies= a better snack... how about phone+tablet???

and one more thing... where did the nexus prime name come from? if it is a codename for the device, they obviously got it from optimus prime from what.... transformers. phone that "transforms" into a tablet...

It is far-fetched, and i thought it was a little rediculous when i first saw that article, but after thinking about it for a while, it kind of makes sense. Just my opinion..

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it makes sense.... the video that samsung showed last night was a bout a perfect combination.... milk + cookies= a better snack... how about phone+tablet???

and one more thing... where did the nexus prime name come from? if it is a codename for the device, they obviously got it from optimus prime from what.... transformers. phone that "transforms" into a tablet...

It is far-fetched, and i thought it was a little rediculous when i first saw that article, but after thinking about it for a while, it kind of makes sense. Just my opinion..

and another thing, the "perfect combination" wouldnt be samsung and android or samsung and google.. theyve already been a perfect combination, they made the nexus s...

then again the ad does say another perfect combination... so who knows... im looking forward to finding out next week

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
It has to be two objects working together. I'm guessing that this is promoting how ICS merges the tablet and the phone. It's not a phone docking into a tablet, or you wouldn't be looking at the connectors facing you... they'd be facing the tablet, silly. :)