10-09-2011 03:31 PM
48 12
tools
    maybe it will have cloud storage like the iphone
    Between Picasa, Google Docs and Google Music I would say it already has cloud storage. That's why I'm not concerned about an sd card slot.
    10-05-2011 08:40 PM
    The Nexus S didn't have an SD card slot, and SD card support was decidedly an afterthought on the Xoom. I'm personally not holding my breath for SD support.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    10-05-2011 08:42 PM
    In six days we will know for sure...
    10-05-2011 08:45 PM
    I will be very pissed off if it comes without sd card support. Don't care what kind of int storage or cloud capabilities it has. To do some creative hacking an sd card is very much welcomed. Not to mention I like to throw a few great classic movies on my phone to be able to view when I am screwing off on the job site. Don't like throwing movies on precious int memory. Time will tell. I am very excited, if on Verizon it must have LTE.
    10-05-2011 09:39 PM
    It's not going to have SD support. I also would like it, but this is an uber-phone that is pushing what is possible in terms of design and thinness, and I'm sure the SD slot was the first thing to go once they started bumping up against the limits of how much they could cram inside of the phone.
    10-05-2011 09:48 PM
    I am just hoping it launches on att! not just vzw. Then I will definitely be getting the nexus.
    mongstradamus likes this.
    10-05-2011 09:55 PM
    I am just hoping it launches on att! not just vzw. Then I will definitely be getting the nexus.
    I hope it hits att as well , i am not so sure we will be seeing the prime before end of the year , hope i am wrong. I guess we will find out next Tuesday
    10-05-2011 10:05 PM
    That's one bad looking phone!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 10:07 PM
    These pictures showing off the thinness of the Nexus scare me as much as they excite.

Whats going to give on this phone? LTE? Screen? Decent Battery? Dual core 1.5? Camera?

I don't see all these features making it into a phone that slim.

Dont get me wrong, i hope they pull this off. If they do it will truly blow every other phone away. Im just not sure at this point.
    10-05-2011 10:42 PM
    These pictures showing off the thinness of the Nexus scare me as much as they excite.

Whats going to give on this phone? LTE? Screen? Decent Battery? Dual core 1.5? Camera?

I don't see all these features making it into a phone that slim.

Dont get me wrong, i hope they pull this off. If they do it will truly blow every other phone away. Im just not sure at this point.
    You seemed to have made up your mind before any official details has been released. We all share those concerns, but really you should hold judgement until more official information is released.

I for one am super excited for this phone as well, but before I commit to buying it, I want more concrete details. You are right though, i believe they are fully capable of pulling it off, but whether or not they will pull it off is another matter.
    10-05-2011 11:03 PM
    You seemed to have made up your mind before any official details has been released. We all share those concerns, but really you should hold judgement until more official information is released.

I for one am super excited for this phone as well, but before I commit to buying it, I want more concrete details. You are right though, i believe they are fully capable of pulling it off, but whether or not they will pull it off is another matter.
    No, I have not made up my mind. Waiting till the event to make a decision.
    Im hoping the large chin signals LTE. Looks like the radio could fit there. But if LTE makes it i hope it has a removable battery.
    Such a slim profile worries me it won't. If thats the case that will be a problem because LTE phones really can benefit from spare battery chargers and extra batteries on tap. Especially if your a heavy user.
    10-05-2011 11:32 PM
    quit hoping for att and sprint. they made their move with the GSII. This is all VZW. For your sake, I wish it was on your carrier, but it wont be. I hope the press takes this a little more seriously than they did the IP4S. This will be much much better.
    10-06-2011 12:04 AM
    with that kind of thinness, i wonder what the battery and the battery life will be like. how's the battery life on other samsung devices like the galaxy s2?
    10-06-2011 02:10 AM
    How many seconds does the battery last?
    10-06-2011 05:51 AM
    I say make it thicker and double the battery life. Wish my EVO lasted longer.
    10-06-2011 07:01 AM
    It'll have an SD card slot. Look at Sammy's press release following the iPhone 4S that high lighted how the GS2 was better. "Up to 32 GB external storage" was in bright blue. They're proud of that and want to show how their device outclasses iPhone in (almost) every category.

They'll catch a ton of flack if they throw that spec sheet out then followup the very next week with their newest device and it falls short of their own GS2, much less the iPhone.

It will most definitely have a micro SD slot. LTE is another question. My bet is they give VSW the Droid LTE version and ATT/Sprint get left out with HSPA+ only.

I love speculating.
    10-06-2011 09:47 AM
    It'll have an SD card slot. Look at Sammy's press release following the iPhone 4S that high lighted how the GS2 was better. "Up to 32 GB external storage" was in bright blue. They're proud of that and want to show how their device outclasses iPhone in (almost) every category.

They'll catch a ton of flack if they throw that spec sheet out then followup the very next week with their newest device and it falls short of their own GS2, much less the iPhone.

It will most definitely have a micro SD slot. LTE is another question. My bet is they give VSW the Droid LTE version and ATT/Sprint get left out with HSPA+ only.

I love speculating.
    Remember this is Google's baby not Samsung's. So having internal or external SD capability is clearly up to Google. Samsung's claims have no bearing on the Nexus line.
    10-06-2011 10:57 AM
    quit hoping for att and sprint. they made their move with the GSII. This is all VZW. For your sake, I wish it was on your carrier, but it wont be. I hope the press takes this a little more seriously than they did the IP4S. This will be much much better.
    The SGS II has nothing to do with it. Thats like saying ATT , Tmobile, and Sprint wont get the Nexus S because they had SGS I. Sprint has been the only carrier to openly sell and promote the Nexus S. For Google to not put the Nexus on Sprint would be a huge mistake. It is also a mistake for Google to leave its existing Nexus user base on the wrong carriers.
    10-06-2011 11:01 AM
    The SGS II has nothing to do with it. Thats like saying ATT , Tmobile, and Sprint wont get the Nexus S because they had SGS I. Sprint has been the only carrier to openly sell and promote the Nexus S. For Google to not put the Nexus on Sprint would be a huge mistake. It is also a mistake for Google to leave its existing Nexus user base on the wrong carriers.
    I agree, the phone needs to be offered accross all carriers. Also, i think it would be sweill if it came out for all of them at the same time. I don't get why the att version comes like 3 months before the a new device is supposed to be released.
    10-06-2011 11:16 AM
    anyone else disappointed they kept basically the same form factor? I wanted it to have another new form factor as charmingly bizarre as the NS, rather than just a refresh.
    10-06-2011 12:35 PM
    Will be interesting to see the full reveal. I like the look of what appears to be the metal casing. But I will wait to see if they do in fact have a fairly large battery within that frame. ICS should be interesting as well.

Though, Im not sure on the thinness myself. Or the curved frame. I also think the power button on the side is a really bizarre idea. And I would not like if it doesnt have an sd slot.

Has definitely brought a little attention over from the Vigor from me. I really prefer HTC's build quality though so will have to see.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    10-06-2011 04:01 PM
    I just hope with the thinness that it wont be easy to break it!
    10-08-2011 03:54 PM
    Hahahahahahahahahaha...no

At MOST, it's a timed verizon exclusive. I can buy that. The other three released or are releasing the SGS2 right now, and it's might be a little hard to launch to flagships so close to each other. Then again, maybe that was the reason verizon didn't launch the SGS2, it didn't want to cannibalize the bionic. Who knows. One that is a safe bet however. After at most 3 months, the prime will be on multiple carriers in the US. That, or the whole "2 phone" rumor is true, and the non-verizon phones will actually be the better "nexus". I don't believe that rumor.

anyone else disappointed they kept basically the same form factor? I wanted it to have another new form factor as charmingly bizarre as the NS, rather than just a refresh.
    Looks different enough to keep me happy.
    10-09-2011 03:31 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD