10-06-2011 08:41 PM
115 ... 2345
tools
    One question though, I actually have taken a liking to Touchwiz 4.0. Would it be possible to load Touchwiz on this badboy? Via apk or other means?
    Hmmm how about getting a GSII
    wyseguy77 likes this.
    10-06-2011 11:33 AM
    Do you think chips are overrated? I sometimes do with the way devs develop on what seems to be "old hardware." I am still considering a nexus s4g. Can't beat free. So how long before ICS comes to the nexus line of yesterday?
    Clock speeds are like MP on cameras - more does not necessarily translate into better between different phones. And since the next Nexus will be completely optimized for ICS thanks to Google, im willing to bet it will be faster than other phones with higher CPU speeds for quite a while.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Johnly and oxymoron like this.
    10-06-2011 11:38 AM
    if this device is truly exclusive to Verizon, I might drop Sprint and go to Verizon to get this device or just get the Epic Touch.

I like the cheaper sprint bill, but since the device looks to be LTE capable and not WiMax capable I might have to change to Verizon. Paying another $30.00 more for Verizon's better service is manageable, but that additional cost does add up quickly and sometimes may not be worth it.

I believe for sprint you are looking at $79.99 for unlimited text and data, and 450 min, and free calls to any mobile number.

Verizon is around $89.99 for unlimited text, 2gb of data, and 450 min
    10-06-2011 11:39 AM
    the HSPA radio definitely means its coming to T-mobile/AT&T. Hopefully sooner than later
    10-06-2011 11:43 AM
    I too am feeling underwhelmed by the specs. Yeah yeah yeah specs aren't everything but we all prefer better. Yeah 5 mp with a great sensor is okay, but why not 8 with a great sensor??? 1.3 mp front facing, why not 2? I mean if you can do, it why not do it? If the 4460 runs at 1.5, why run it at 1.2? A gorgeous woman with A cups or a gorgeous woman with C cups? Same concept lol
    10-06-2011 11:56 AM
    Prime could be just a code name but then the VZW version could be labeled a Droid phone...who really knows at this point.

Also, you do mean stock ICS right?
    OMG why are we still trying to call this a Droid Prime????? No real source has ever called it that, can we kill the "Droid Prime" please? while we at it lets kill the word "Swag" too.
    10-06-2011 11:59 AM
    I really liked the Bionic. I had two of them. I wasn't crazy about the connectivity issues I had with the second one. If I was drenched in LTE, prolly would still have it. But now that that time has come and gone, and with the recent news of the prime being a true nexus, I am happy for this device and verizon costumers. Some things about the device (not going to mention) are going to have me at a pass on this one. Should be killer fun though. I better mention it so people think I am not dissing the phone. My one kid is getting a cell phone and Sprint is just way more friendly to adding lines and data. That is all. The prime is a beast, and I look forward to the Joy it brings those on VZW.
    Luckily I have 2 more upgrades on my account and I can sell my bionic for at least 400 on ebay. Excited for ics

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Johnly likes this.
    10-06-2011 12:15 PM
    I want this phone, but refuse to drop sprint to get robbed by verizon. I'll prob just import the note at the end of the month and go ATT prepaid. Note should have ICS by the end of the year. Note with ICS is a more ideal phone to me than the nexus right now.
    10-06-2011 12:16 PM
    I'm sorry - maybe I'm missing something - but how is everyone so certain that the TI OMAP 4460, which has not been used in ANY phone yet, to my understanding, is somehow outdated and outperformed?

Yes, we all know the Exynos in the GSII works well with that phone. But do you really think Samsung/Google would plug an OMAP chip into this Nexus if it was going to underperform? I sure don't. This is not the GSII. It's running a brand new OS, on completely different hardware, with LTE. Until any of us get our hands on it with an OMAP, I'm going to reserve any criticsm of the chip seeing as how none of us have used it.
    Omap 4430 on my bionic flies. And I agree...why are people getting mad for a chip set that hasn't been released on another phone. The prime will be amazing. Just glad I have eligible upgrades :-)

10-06-2011 12:19 PM
    OMG why are we still trying to call this a Droid Prime????? No real source has ever called it that, can we kill the "Droid Prime" please? while we at it lets kill the word "Swag" too.
    Sorry but where did I say "Droid Prime"? I typed "Droid phone". I'm simply implying it could really be called anything until we get an official announcement, and also saying that "Prime" could have been a codename...nothing more.

Anything we hear between now and Oct. 11th should be swept under rumors and speculation...no matter how strong the source (Unless it's from Google or Samsung themselves).
    Ewing33855 likes this.
    10-06-2011 12:21 PM
    I too am feeling underwhelmed by the specs. Yeah yeah yeah specs aren't everything but we all prefer better. Yeah 5 mp with a great sensor is okay, but why not 8 with a great sensor??? 1.3 mp front facing, why not 2? I mean if you can do, it why not do it? If the 4460 runs at 1.5, why run it at 1.2? A gorgeous woman with A cups or a gorgeous woman with C cups? Same concept lol
    I wouldn't be so worried about camera pixels. Samsung has been in the game and make great dugutalz cameras already. I expect nothing less on the prime.

10-06-2011 12:23 PM
    Everyone is stressing over the name. Who cares. It could be called "The Cute Shinny Black Phone Thingy" and as long as the specs are good and it doesn't look like the Rhyme I'll buy it. The only words on the phone will be Verizon on the front and Google on the back,
    10-06-2011 12:24 PM
    I don't care about specs, I care about the experience. I want something that is fast, stable, smooth, and exudes quality, with good battery life. Basically an Android version of apple's greatest.
    wyseguy77 and Friend-O like this.
    10-06-2011 12:30 PM
    I don't care about specs, I care about the experience. I want something that is fast, stable, smooth, and exudes quality, with good battery life. Basically an Android version of apple's greatest.
    I understand where you are coming from, and I agree. I want those things too, but why can't I have both specs and awesome performance? Yeah I know it's childish but I like having the best, and I know even if it does come with the specs posted it will be the best, but If I can have more I want more. I don't want to feel jipped.
    10-06-2011 12:36 PM
    Dude, calm down. For all we know this could end up being like the OG droid running vanilla android. Droid prime branding is therefore not out of the question.
    10-06-2011 12:42 PM
    Sorry but where did I say "Droid Prime"? I typed "Droid phone". I'm simply implying it could really be called anything until we get an official announcement, and also saying that "Prime" could have been a codename...nothing more.

Anything we hear between now and Oct. 11th should be swept under rumors and speculation...no matter how strong the source (Unless it's from Google or Samsung themselves).
    It's not likely that a Samsung/Google event is going to announce a Verizon branded phone. At this point that would be quite a shock.
    10-06-2011 12:44 PM
    10-06-2011 12:45 PM
    Except for the Panda and his minion Fleming
    10-06-2011 12:46 PM
    Han Solo at AF is saying these specs are bogus..look at Phandroid's updated article. He refers to british turbo and bmx. Better specs are expected!
    10-06-2011 12:53 PM
    It's not likely that a Samsung/Google event is going to announce a Verizon branded phone. At this point that would be quite a shock.
    And I agree, it's not likely.
    10-06-2011 12:56 PM
    Lee Johnston - 8:08 AM - Public
    The BGR Samsung Prime specs are bogus.
    The specs of the real Samsung Prime will be almost the same as the specs of the recently released Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE

Display: 4.65-inch HD(1280x720) Super AMOLED
    Camera: 8 megapixel (flash)/2 megapixel on the front
    Battery: 1850 mAh
    Value added features: 1.5GHz dual core AP, embedded 16GB memory,
    Bluetooth 3.0 HS, WiFi a/b/g/n

Samsung Mobile Press

Samsung Mobile Press
    Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced the launch of ‘GALAXY S II LTE’ and ‘GALAXY S II HD LTE’ in Korean market.
    BLaKe Manecks aka Blackmanx - Hmmm sooo you mean.. BGR wasnt right??!? I can not believe it!! LMFAO

Looks like were back where we started lol. if BMX calls BS, i too will do so

update: https://plus.google.com/106493827472...ts/eXXc6W3s91f
    10-06-2011 12:57 PM
    Looks like were back where we started lol. if BMX calls BS, i too will do so

update: https://plus.google.com/106493827472...ts/eXXc6W3s91f
    Well that makes more sense.
    10-06-2011 01:03 PM
    I just read an article over on gsmarena with another set of specs that they say is from a tipster from inside Google...who knows but I like the sound of those specs. They are saying it will have the PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU and the samsung Exynos processor. Here's hoping.

EXCLUSIVE: We get the allegedly proper Nexus Prime specs - GSMArena.com news
    Alucardsyco likes this.
    10-06-2011 02:40 PM
    Just curious if this does indeed have LTE + HSDPA/GSM will it require 2 SIM card slots?
    10-06-2011 02:55 PM
    I just read an article over on gsmarena with another set of specs that they say is from a tipster from inside Google...who knows but I like the sound of those specs. They are saying it will have the PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU and the samsung Exynos processor. Here's hoping.

EXCLUSIVE: We get the allegedly proper Nexus Prime specs - GSMArena.com news
    Goodness gracious. I doubt that's factual, but if it is...... DAAYYUUUMMM.

Come on 10/11/11!!!!

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-06-2011 02:55 PM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD