Nexus Specs released

MetalPhoenix79

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I question a couple of things. If it is a 1.2 GHz processor than that means it will be the OMAP 4430 not the 4460. I also question the Verizon exclusive unless he meant a short term exclusive. Also, I'm not sure a turbo 4430 is much more efficient than a "regular" 4460. My two cents.

Reactions: Jay Nova

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You think it will be pure, not a droid? I hope so, that is the ONE thing that will make this phone the device of this year. I agree, specs are specs, in the real world, a god display is good, who is counting pixels and processors besides nerds (yours truly).

I certainly think it will be stock, and if it's not then it's a no sale for me. Multiple sources have said it will be and it certainly seems plausible at this point.

FYI, the Droid moniker does not denote whether or not a device will be stock/bloated up. E.g. Thunderbolt is not a Droid phone but it has HTC Sense/Plenty of bloat.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I shall point this out since no-one else seems to have done so. EVEN IF it is Verizon exclusive, that's only in the US. That means if you are on T-Mo or AT&T you will be able to by one in from abroad and use it. personally as a Brit i'm going to be Just fine.

Jay Nova

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I question a couple of things. If it is a 1.2 GHz processor than that means it will be the OMAP 4430 not the 4460. I also question the Verizon exclusive unless he meant a short term exclusive. Also, I'm not sure a turbo 4430 is much more efficient than a "regular" 4460. My two cents.

Nice catch.

Forgive my ignorance in phone technology, but could downclocking a 4460 to 1.2 GHz save more batter life than keeping it at 1.5 GHz? Is that even possible?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thought - couldn't Samsung/Google have gotten the hardware/ICS to mesh to the point that it ran smoothly off 1.2 ghz, and use this in lieu of a 1.5 ghz chip to help battery life? Just a random theory...anyone more technologically savvy can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I certainly think it will be stock, and if it's not then it's a no sale for me. Multiple sources have said it will be and it certainly seems plausible at this point.

FYI, the Droid moniker does not denote whether or not a device will be stock/bloated up. E.g. Thunderbolt is not a Droid phone but it has HTC Sense/Plenty of bloat.

I like plausible. FYI, A Nexus Droid would be great for the masses, but in my book=a Verizon elusive. I think the Verizon version will be a Droid while in a month (give or take some days) pure nexus phones will be released. You think Google would narrow its vision to CDMA? Nah, I will stick with my information.

Good to be on the cusp of a upgrade for a VZW costumer. We can both agree on that. If the verizon version isn't a droid, I will happily jump in because that means VZW is OUT and it is all Google. Once VZW stamps that thing droid, they have their paws on it. What it is.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No one has proved otherwise, and reports are coming in from major networks on this. Don't shake that just yet.

The salt reference does not imply I believe that these specs are wrong, just that BGR has in the past produced exclusives from "solid sources" that have turned out to be utter bollocks. They are, of course, not the only ones. I'm just saying, pinch of salt guys.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The salt reference does not imply I believe that these specs are wrong, just that BGR has in the past produced exclusives from "solid sources" that have turned out to be utter bollocks. They are, of course, not the only ones. I'm just saying, pinch of salt guys.

I hear man. I agree. This phone is so hyped though, if these specs are true, then some of us are having our balloons deflated. Mine is still flying and if you read my comments here, I am trying to keep from thinking this phone will crush everything. Maybe I decide to keep my VZW line if it makes me feel like a good investment is to be made.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

True, BGR usually stinks when it comes to "leaks" but I give this one some cred as Kellex at droid-life states he was shown these specs a while ago, and that site has a pretty good track record.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I hear man. I agree. This phone is so hyped though, if these specs are true, then some of us are having our balloons deflated. Mine is still flying and if you read my comments here, I am try

How so? What were the expectations exactly that were deflated? We knew all of what he wrote already. The only negative would be the 1.2 compared to the 1.5GHz cpu. What else was expected that differed from BGR wrote about?

And yes, BGR is hit and miss with his predictions. He does get a lot of scoops but he has had some misses too, so don't take it as gospel just yet. That said, it feels like what he wrote this time is probably true.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt freak out about clock speed guys. I currently have a custom kernel on my Nexus S that underclocks to 880MHz and my phone flies. If XDA can do it, so can Google.

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: oxymoron

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Nice catch.

Forgive my ignorance in phone technology, but could downclocking a 4460 to 1.2 GHz save more batter life than keeping it at 1.5 GHz? Is that even possible?

Absolutely. On the TI site, the 4460 is rated "up to" 1.5ghz. They could have very easily just put a 1.2ghz kernel in.

This phone will scream. No one should worry about clock speed. I also wonder why it's clocked at 1.2ghz, but it's probably just unnecessary to be at 1.5ghz right now. Real world performance is what really matters, and I have no doubts that this will outperform anything else on the market.

I am so ready for this thing.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How so? What were the expectations exactly that were deflated? We knew all of what he wrote already. The only negative would be the 1.2 compared to the 1.5GHz cpu. What else was expected that differed from BGR wrote about?

And yes, BGR is hit and miss with his predictions. He does get a lot of scoops but he has had some misses too, so don't take it as gospel just yet. That said, it feels like what he wrote this time is probably true.

My phone just out specs it on a few levels. Being confirmed that it WILL be pure Google, my balloon was never deflated. This is great news for VZW customers! AC is taking BGR seriously, look at the front page.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt freak out about clock speed guys. I currently have a custom kernel on my Nexus S that underclocks to 880MHz and my phone flies. If XDA can do it, so can Google.

Sent from my Nexus S

Do you think chips are overrated? I sometimes do with the way devs develop on what seems to be "old hardware." I am still considering a nexus s4g. Can't beat free. So how long before ICS comes to the nexus line of yesterday?

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
THIS JUST IN: Chips can be underclocked.

Please tell me why a 1.5Ghz chip would make this phone while a 1.2Ghz chip will break it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith