Nexus Specs released

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone just out specs it on a few levels. Being confirmed that it WILL be pure Google, my balloon was never deflated. This is great news for VZW customers! AC is taking BGR seriously, look at the front page.

I'm sorry...what phone ouspecs this on a few levels? And what are those specs? And in advance, no, you can't say the GSII's Exynos is better when no one has even used this chip yet.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
THIS JUST IN: Chips can be underclocked.

Please tell me why a 1.5Ghz chip would make this phone while a 1.2Ghz chip will break it?

Because 1.2 ghz phones came out 6 months ago, and when I get a phone I want it to be ahead of the line. Screen might not be enough.

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you think chips are overrated? I sometimes do with the way devs develop on what seems to be "old hardware." I am still considering a nexus s4g. Can't beat free. So how long before ICS comes to the nexus line of yesterday?

I'm also still considering a nexus s4G my wife has one and it is great. Free is good too.

ICS is likely to work on the Nexus S4G too, and so we wouldnt be missing much. Just a dual core-processor.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Because 1.2 ghz phones came out 6 months ago, and when I get a phone I want it to be ahead of the line. Screen might not be enough.
1Ghz processors came out with the Nexus One and I still use my 1GHz Thunderbolt and I have yet to find anything to slow it down.

Those 333Mhz are nothing more then for you to measure your e-peen?

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
1Ghz processors came out with the Nexus One and I still use my 1GHz Thunderbolt and I have yet to find anything to slow it down.

Those 333Mhz are nothing more then for you to measure your e-peen?

It isn't about real world performance, it's about potential. Search your feelings, and you will know this.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm also still considering a nexus s4G my wife has one and it is great. Free is good too.

ICS is likely to work on the Nexus S4G too, and so we wouldnt be missing much. Just a dual core-processor.

That is just it, everyone gets so uptight about a processors clock speed. (I am guilty.) But I think optimization is the word here. If specs were the only thing important, then a Galaxy Note on GSM will smoke the prime everyday of the week and it is coming. Blackmanx says this device will be in all flavors, so bgr saying verizon exclusive? How long? (A droid nexus, I still can't believe it until i see it ha ha!)

I am still in my 14 days on Sprint. While the Prime seems like a geeky good time, the specs on the nexus S seems solid, and way more importantly, "optimized." A crap ton of geeks are bummed about the primes processor, who in their right triangle & nm mind isn't? Not a huge fan of those ICS icons, gawd awful if you ask me, but that is nitpicking crap. I think I may head in a check it out. It would be a good day to walk with a Nexus S and an extra two hundred bones in the back pocket:)

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have a question about the processor, obviously the faster the processor the faster the phone can possibly run. However don't you save batter by having a 1.2 Ghz processor over a 1.5? I'm not sure of that so if I'm wrong sorry. If that is the case then, I'm all for the 1.2 Ghz processor speed as long as the phone's performance doesn't suffer from it.

They wouldn't use a processor that's slower if they new the phone wouldn't be the best it could be, I'm sure with ICS it'll be smooth and great. They would use the 1.5 if it was neccessary.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It isn't about real world performance, it's about potential. Search your feelings, and you will know this.
I buy things for their real world performance. And if it weren't for switching carriers I would still be using my single core 1GHz 1st gen snapdragon Nexus One that still has plenty of real world performance

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I buy things for their real world performance. And if it weren't for switching carriers I would still be using my single core 1GHz 1st gen snapdragon Nexus One that still has plenty of real world performance

I agree with this and the Nexus S having a 1GHz humming bird proc that is still the business is great.

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's great a vanilla android phone is coming to VZ but why just limit it to one carrier. I don't understand the strategy google.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
?LTE/HSPA depending on carrier

Did everyone crying about "Verizon Exclusivity" miss this? While it may be "exclusive" to Verizon for a bit, no one is saying it won't be released on other carriers. In fact, the latest leak suggests the opposite. Track record notwithstanding, the leak in no way suggests this phone will be "only" a Verizon phone. I agree with the sentiments that it would make little sense if that was the case. All this tells me is that Verizon will get it first. As a Verizon customer longing for the experience I had on my OG Droid, I'm excited for this one. The "underwhelming specs" sound pretty good to me. YMMV,

Bryan

dhlim

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little underwhelmed by it all. I know its just speculation but for a phone thats supposed to be the next big thing, its kind of sad to see specs that aren't at the top (besides the screen). I'm sure it'll be a great but just not the best phone available in terms of tech?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
he he, have you read the OMAP 5 series yet? I hope the Prime has the New 4 series, not the ones in the Bionic at 1.2 GHz, nooooooooooo

The Bionic has the 4430. I'm glad I sent that back. Not because of the processor, just would have wasted my upgrade when all I've ever wanted was a Nexus on Verizon. Didn't you have a Bionic for a little bit, too?

Good phone overall... just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have an LTE Nexus on Verizon. Woooo!! :-D

*customized tapatalk signature*

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little underwhelmed by it all. I know its just speculation but for a phone thats supposed to be the next big thing, its kind of sad to see specs that aren't at the top (besides the screen). I'm sure it'll be a great but just not the best phone available in terms of tech?

As Johnly said though, optimized. Very important.

I wholeheartedly believe that this will be the best performing handset on the market at release... and for a while. ICS won't make it to other handsets for quite a while. It has to go through the OEMs first, and be tinkered with. I believe the Prime will be out in front of the pack for an extended period or time. My opinion, of course.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweettatas