1080p HD video capture support
LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
NFC
1,750 mAh battery

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Wireless Exclusive? Really? With Apple releasing the iPhone4S to Verizon/ATT/Sprint at the same time, this seems like a bad move by Google.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Assuming this is correct, I find it having 32 GB of built-in storage to be awesome. I personally don't like messing with SD cards; perhaps I'm weird, but I prefer if the phone just natively has a lot of storage built-in.

I am surprised to see the back camera as just a 5 MP, though, but as long as the lens and sensor are of high quality, it doesn't really matter.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
1.2 ghz? Come on that makes no sense. Plus, what gpu will it have? Same mali 400 as the gs2 or what? I mean it's gonna need a very beefy gpu to power that resolution. I don't think the cpu will be running at only 1.2ghz. I envision at least 1.5ghz.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
1.2 ghz? Come on that makes no sense. Plus, what gpu will it have? Same mali 400 as the gs2 or what? I mean it's gonna need a very beeft gpu to power that resolution. I don't think the cpu will be running at only 1.2ghz. I envision at least 1.5ghz.

They'd be doing it to save battery life.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
They'd be doing it to save battery life.
1st, save battery when the screen is off. underclock to 700 mhz and love it.

2nd, whats it matter the processor speed? anyone who buys this is going to root it and overclock it anyway....lol clock speed is the last of my concerns.
this thing sounds awesome though.

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
1.2 ghz? Come on that makes no sense. Plus, what gpu will it have? Same mali 400 as the gs2 or what? I mean it's gonna need a very beefy gpu to power that resolution. I don't think the cpu will be running at only 1.2ghz. I envision at least 1.5ghz.

Given its OMAP4, it will have the SGX540 clocked at probably 384MHz..

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I kind of find this underwhelming. Good specs indeed, but why a SGSII with a 1800 (better than prime) battery? A 8 Mega (better than prime) camera? SGSII is thinner than prime. SGSII processor is greater than prime. SGSII has a SD card slot, one thing that was unpopular on the nexus S. Idk, those are underwhelming specs to say the least. The screen and ICS are clearly in front though.

I would say wait, the Prime will spank that device:)

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No surprises if this pans out. I'm sure even if the processor were the TI 4430 clocked at 1.2 Ghz, it would still be plenty fast. I don't understand the fuss over processor speed, but then again I don't really do anything on my phone that requires that much power outside maybe playing HD videos.

Really, I also wouldn't be getting this mainly for the specs (which are better than anything on Verizon right now). I would be getting it for the Nexus stock experience.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
One question though, I actually have taken a liking to Touchwiz 4.0. Would it be possible to load Touchwiz on this badboy? Via apk or other means?

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Those of you disappointed in the specs, look at it this way. I believe the nexus line is showcase line of products for the android OS, as such, it will have minimum specs hardware-wise, that google wants to be using to code new android features for the upcoming year. It is not supposed to be the future specs. It is message to OEMs of what google is doing, and the OEMs should be designing their devices with this hardware in mind.

While it would be great to have quad-core, those are not in mass production yet. Other android OEMs are not going to be able to get their hands on quad-core processors in bulk for next year. If this device was quad-core or even 1.5GHz some of the OEMs might feel slighted, and use older versions of android, which is something google doesn't want.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No surprises if this pans out. I'm sure even if the processor were the TI 4430 clocked at 1.2 Ghz, it would still be plenty fast. I don't understand the fuss over processor speed, but then again I don't really do anything on my phone that requires that much power outside maybe playing HD videos.

Really, I also wouldn't be getting this mainly for the specs (which are better than anything on Verizon right now). I would be getting it for the Nexus stock experience.

You think it will be pure, not a droid? I hope so, that is the ONE thing that will make this phone the device of this year. I agree, specs are specs, in the real world, a god display is good, who is counting pixels and processors besides nerds (yours truly).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2