Just heard from a little birdy --

The device will be called the Nexus Galaxy, not Prime. Much better name IMO.

While we can't be 100% sure, this comes from someone who has shared some amazing stuff with us before
    ragnarokx and f150fan like this.
    10-06-2011 11:21 AM
    Bird Genius Report?
    10-06-2011 11:29 AM
    Pretty appropriate
    10-06-2011 11:30 AM
    Can you ask your birdy what will be called on Verizon? The Google-Samsung Nexus Galaxy Droidbolt?
    10-06-2011 11:34 AM
    Nexus Galaxy on other carriers Nexus Droid Prime on Verizon? lol i think if Verizon markets it like a droid, it'll sell alot better to the average customer.
    10-06-2011 11:35 AM
    Bird Genius Report?
    lulz.

I trust nothing that goes through their hands
    10-06-2011 11:36 AM
    Can you ask your birdy what will be called on Verizon? The Google-Samsung Nexus Galaxy Droidbolt?
    The Google Samsung Nexus Galaxy Droid Prime Bolt Revolution Epic LTE 4G 3D S III...Touch.
    10-06-2011 11:44 AM
    Just heard from a little birdy --

The device will be called the Nexus Galaxy, not Prime. Much better name IMO.

While we can't be 100% sure, this comes from someone who has shared some amazing stuff with us before
    Makes sense to me. It's well known that the Galaxy line is brought us by Samsung, and they want to be associated in the name as well as Google.

Now my question is, what do we have to do to get more picture leaks?!?
    10-06-2011 11:58 AM
    The Google Samsung Nexus Galaxy Droid Prime Bolt Revolution Epic LTE 4G 3D S III...Touch.
    coffee coming out of my nose..

Sent from my SCH-I515 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2011 12:23 PM
    Forgot bionic epic evo in there...lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-06-2011 12:25 PM
    Prime is to the Galaxy Nexus as Passion is to the Nexus One.
    10-06-2011 12:28 PM
    Forgot bionic epic evo in there...lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    That'll be the next model.

But anyways back on topic...I like the sound of Nexus Galaxy. Falls in line with the rest of the Nexus naming scheme.
    Chad McRad likes this.
    10-06-2011 12:29 PM
    i feel Nexus Galaxy flows a lot better then Galaxy Nexus. but it's whatever. i just want the damn thing in my hands! mmmmm ice cream sammiches all around!
    10-06-2011 02:01 PM
    I don't care what it's called as long as "Nexus" is in there.
    10-06-2011 02:04 PM
    Prime is to the Galaxy Nexus as Passion is to the Nexus One.
    Passion -> Crespo -> Prime

Sounds plausible, unless the codename is something that has yet to be mentioned.
    10-06-2011 02:53 PM
    Do Not Like.

It's hard to make concrete statements about the Nexus Line of phones, since it is currently only 2 phones long, but the whole thing about them is that Google chooses the manufacturer (from submitted bids) and then works with them to provide the best integrated vanilla experience possible.But this makes them Google Phones, not Samsung ones. IF Samsung has got its own branding into the name it can only be down to some kind of deal done between them and Google ,maybe to do with Money spent on advertising, or Google access to Samsung content. only another 4 days 8 hours and thirty minutes till we know the truth.
    10-07-2011 04:29 AM
    Just as long as it's a Nexus phone, then I'll be happy. I want a Nexus damnit! Nothing less!
    10-07-2011 04:48 AM
    I agree with Hearthatvoiceagain, I don't think a samsung subbrand belongs on a "pure google" phone. I thought the stylized s on the nexus s was pushing it, but galaxy has been a samsung thing for a long time now.
    Fun fact about google, they are a bunch of dorks, and they would love to be able to abreviate it with a math symbol, and call it the N′
    pwninobrlan likes this.
    10-07-2011 05:30 AM
    I honestly would not like the sound of Galaxy Nexus...the galaxy name just doesnt appeal to me at all. I just think its been used on too many phones and has run its course..

Nexus Prime sounds much better in my opinion. And it solidifies the pure Google experience by not having a specific brand attached.
    10-07-2011 10:06 AM
    So is there going to be a Nexus Galaxy and a Nexus Prime?

I know two sets of specs leaked out yesterday so I guess that would make sense.
    10-07-2011 10:16 AM
    This totally ruins my plan of using the nexus optimus prime render as my wallpaper.

And the name sucks, although not as bad as Galaxy Nexus.
    10-07-2011 03:44 PM
    Nexus Galaxy, it seems that Samsung want to merge the Galaxy world with the Nexus one.

Perfect software in perfect hardware. It would be amazing.
    10-07-2011 05:46 PM
    This totally ruins my plan of using the nexus optimus prime render as my wallpaper.

And the name sucks, although not as bad as Galaxy Nexus.
    This! im pissed lol. Im hoping maybe the Verizon version is named differently.
    10-07-2011 07:33 PM
    I always thought the prime name was wierd. Everyone started calling it the prime back when LG (maker of the optimus phones) was thought to be making the next nexus. WHen it changed to samsung, I was surprised people still called it prime.

I will say, I don't care for the name Nexus Galaxy. Seems cumbersome.
    10-07-2011 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD