Engadget Spec Update - Exynos?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs leak, headed to Verizon as an exclusive? -- Engadget

Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

Interesting....

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with GSM/Engadget over BGR - "Bad Guess Reporting." (can't take credit for that one, just saw it by someone else on a comment sections and liked it).

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Well this is rather dizzying...we should start taking bets on whose right.

Dizzing indeed. Sad how frustrated this stuff is getting for me, and Ive never even owned a decent smartphone before!

Heres to hoping whatever Google / Samsung have cooked up uses the freshest ingredients possible, if you catch my drift....

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm rather confused because Kellex at Droid Life seems to think BGR's report was actually nearly on point according to his own sources and he's been pretty reliable/spot on in the past.

And a battery that big in a 9mm body? I guess we don't know the official dimensions yet but I'm going to remain skeptical.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else thinking we are looking at the Verizon and other carrier versions getting confused?

One has the 5 MP, the other 8, etc

That would explain the cyclone.....

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else thinking we are looking at the Verizon and other carrier versions getting confused?

One has the 5 MP, the other 8, etc

That would explain the cyclone.....

That's my best guess at the moment..

Verizon is getting a pre-Thanksgiving exclusive (60 days maybe?) Nexus that includes LTE on an OMAP4 SoC..

And then after that exclusive.. we see the GSM/world version on Exynos + dual core GPU..

That would kind of explain the two model numbers.. but who knows, really..

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Verizon is getting a pre-Thanksgiving exclusive (60 days maybe?) Nexus that includes LTE on an OMAP4 SoC..

And then after that exclusive.. we see the GSM/world version on Exynos + dual core GPU..

This could be true. The Verizon LTE version of the phone is a huge advantage over the other carriers. Perhaps they're going to have a faster version of the phone (GSM) to even things out.

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

That was my thoughts.

OMAP for LTE version and Exynos for HSPA?

Sent from my Amiga 500 using Workbench!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Seems possible, but depressing as a VZ customer. So this would mean Verizon customers get no Galaxy S 2 and a lower spec'd Nexus, other carriers get the Galaxy S 2 and a better spec'd Nexus. This would truly be depressing.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems possible, but depressing as a VZ customer. So this would mean Verizon customers get no Galaxy S 2 and a lower spec'd Nexus, other carriers get the Galaxy S 2 and a better spec'd Nexus. This would truly be depressing.

It just seems odd that VZW would pass on one device for another that ALL the rest are getting at a better spec level.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Well, the Nexus would be similar to the GS2 plus it would have LTE which no other carrier can match at this point.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, the Exynos bit could be true, I mean Samsung makes the A5 and it has the same SGX543MP2 GPU, and for all we know the A5 could be a rebranding of the same Exynos chip, so it might be ready we don't know.

The only thing that confuses me about the two different phones for different carriers theory about this is the Verizon version having a smaller battery, I mean wouldn't it make more sense to have a bigger battery to compensate for LTE?

I'll just try not to get my hopes up, the 11th is just around the corner anyway.

DJBigBenVA

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
With all this talk that they are using the OMAP over the Exynos because of LTE, isn't there a SGS II HD LTE being released in South Korea? I would imagine that it would use the Exynos.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, the Exynos bit could be true, I mean Samsung makes the A5 and it has the same SGX543MP2 GPU, and for all we know the A5 could be a rebranding of the same Exynos chip, so it might be ready we don't know.

The only thing that confuses me about the two different phones for different carriers theory about this is the Verizon version having a smaller battery, I mean wouldn't it make more sense to have a bigger battery to compensate for LTE?

I'll just try not to get my hopes up, the 11th is just around the corner anyway.

Sure, but there's a limited amount of space in the phone. LTE takes up more space. They might have to make room with a smaller battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance