Engadget Spec Update - Exynos?

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon comes out with an inferior version. They're going to have problems. Somehow it wouldn't surprise me. Everyone looking forward to the iPhone 5 were disappointed. I hope that us android guys arent heading the same direction.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
And another thing. We've waited years for a true nexus phone on verizon. And that's going to happen? Tuesday can't be here soon enough.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with GSM/Engadget over BGR - "Bad Guess Reporting." (can't take credit for that one, just saw it by someone else on a comment sections and liked it).

I'm going with neither. No way there's an Exynos processor and a 2000mAh in here. Very less so a GSM/CDMA/LTE radio in here. I liek the sound of that, but just no.

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
That's my best guess at the moment..

Verizon is getting a pre-Thanksgiving exclusive (60 days maybe?) Nexus that includes LTE on an OMAP4 SoC..

And then after that exclusive.. we see the GSM/world version on Exynos + dual core GPU..

That would kind of explain the two model numbers.. but who knows, really..

Either Panda or P3 tweeted yesterday that the i515 is VZW and the i9250 is Vodafone. This says to me that they haven't seen an i9250 but believe it exists. I HIGHLY doubt this will launch in its original form without a TI CPU. They made a big deal of that partnership and are not going to just retweak an entire OS for another architecture. 4430 likely. 4460 welcomed surprise. Exynos? Not happening at first launch and maybe not at all in US, contracts get signed.

Battery life? Who knows. It won't be great though, it's going to be thin and hot. Learn to only click LTE on when streaming; treat your brightness like you do now; etc.

This phone will be fantastic but everyone's expectations and fears of *the next best thing* are WAY out of whack. Most of us are coming from the OGD. If you don't think this is the phone to grab from that, you're fckng crazy. Aside from first ICS and OS updates you also have access to any [labs] stuff they're working on first if at all. This is the phone to get. Don't draw the gun if you aren't going to pull the trigger.

ALSO, I wouldn't trust anyone but Nickinson, Kellex, Panda, P3 and Flemming. You need to think of how communities, businesses, tech, and volume/materials work before agreeing with a list of stats.

PEACE< IM OUT

edit: Q4 VZW exclusive. Q1 or next carrier LTE launch it hits all 4.

edit 2: they're working on.

Reactions: ChuckG73

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No chance its 4430. I would say more accurately - 4460 likely, Exynos has an outside shot. Maybe those OMAP supply problem rumors forced a switch.

dhlim

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Man those specs are niiiiice haha. I have a hard time believing it to be true, but man a boy can dream. Especially that little bit of a gsm/cdma in one set! I could use that.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be lame if the Verizon version is dumbed down.

What gives me hope is the way it is phrased about that supposed insider from Google, he is saying the specs are wrong/old. You would think if there were two versions then he would have said something about the initial spec leak being only one version.

Oh well, a few more days and we will know the truth. The first specs listed aren't bad, but the most recent specs definitely sound better and I would much prefer to have that. Like others have mentioned, I think it would be lame for all over carriers to get the S2 and a better Nexus while VZW gets one with lower specs and just for 60 days of exclusivity.

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Would Google really want there to be two versions of their next flagship Nexus? Were there two versions of the other ones? It seems to me that they'd have a much harder time determining stability of the OS on two different hardware setups. Perhaps the two differences are nothing more than just the network radios?

johnyguy

Banned
Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Dizzing indeed. Sad how frustrated this stuff is getting for me, and Ive never even owned a decent smartphone before!

Heres to hoping whatever Google / Samsung have cooked up uses the freshest ingredients possible, if you catch my drift....

yes to make it future proof and they do have a 1.5ghz samsung chip.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, what ManBearPig said... no way it's 4430. According to the TI site, that is good up to 1ghz. 1.2 is > 1.0 so... gotta be the 4460 instead.

If not the Exynos, of course.

Pure craziness going on with this device! ! Craziness I tell you! !!

*customized tapatalk signature*

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My conclusion:

Whichever device comes to Verizon, I am going to purchase.

Simple as that :) Tey are both going to be awesome. I don't care which it is at this point, although I would obviously prefer it to be the latter (Exynos version)

slimjamm

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Britishturbo on G+, Oh I just know people and things. And I'm very good and putting things together.
If I was to "guess" I would have to say Verizon will be getting Prime first... around the end of October unless there are problems...
Prime will also appear on other carriers at a later date... But will it be called Prime? we'll see :)

I wouldn't expect anything on AT&T for a while though... They are just now getting the SGSII and take forever to get anything. Plus they suck :p

But no one is really going to know everything until next week...
Just know the Prime will make you happy... The Software will make you even more happy.

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781