10-07-2011 05:47 AM
50 12
tools
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs leak, headed to Verizon as an exclusive? -- Engadget

Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

Interesting....
    Friend-O and Jdm4292 like this.
    10-06-2011 03:01 PM
    How many days until Tuesday??? LOL

Id be happy with Exynos or the 4460, at 1.2 or above at this point
    10-06-2011 03:05 PM
    Well this is rather dizzying...we should start taking bets on whose right.
    10-06-2011 03:06 PM
    I'm going with GSM/Engadget over BGR - "Bad Guess Reporting." (can't take credit for that one, just saw it by someone else on a comment sections and liked it).
    alterbridge86 likes this.
    10-06-2011 03:07 PM
    Well this is rather dizzying...we should start taking bets on whose right.
    Dizzing indeed. Sad how frustrated this stuff is getting for me, and Ive never even owned a decent smartphone before!

Heres to hoping whatever Google / Samsung have cooked up uses the freshest ingredients possible, if you catch my drift....
    10-06-2011 03:12 PM
    If these Engadget specs come to fruition, I will be blown away. Especially by the battery size....wow.
    Lucki likes this.
    10-06-2011 03:16 PM
    I'm rather confused because Kellex at Droid Life seems to think BGR's report was actually nearly on point according to his own sources and he's been pretty reliable/spot on in the past.

And a battery that big in a 9mm body? I guess we don't know the official dimensions yet but I'm going to remain skeptical.
    10-06-2011 03:22 PM
    Anybody else thinking we are looking at the Verizon and other carrier versions getting confused?

One has the 5 MP, the other 8, etc

That would explain the cyclone.....
    10-06-2011 03:25 PM
    Anybody else thinking we are looking at the Verizon and other carrier versions getting confused?

One has the 5 MP, the other 8, etc

That would explain the cyclone.....
    That's my best guess at the moment..

Verizon is getting a pre-Thanksgiving exclusive (60 days maybe?) Nexus that includes LTE on an OMAP4 SoC..

And then after that exclusive.. we see the GSM/world version on Exynos + dual core GPU..

That would kind of explain the two model numbers.. but who knows, really..
    10-06-2011 03:29 PM
    I highly doubt the GSMarena specs ..
    10-06-2011 03:30 PM

Verizon is getting a pre-Thanksgiving exclusive (60 days maybe?) Nexus that includes LTE on an OMAP4 SoC..

And then after that exclusive.. we see the GSM/world version on Exynos + dual core GPU..

This could be true. The Verizon LTE version of the phone is a huge advantage over the other carriers. Perhaps they're going to have a faster version of the phone (GSM) to even things out.
    10-06-2011 03:31 PM

That was my thoughts.

OMAP for LTE version and Exynos for HSPA?

Sent from my Amiga 500 using Workbench!
    10-06-2011 03:31 PM
    Is it Tuesday yet?
    10-06-2011 03:35 PM
    omap has been claiming first dibs on ICS for a while now
    10-06-2011 03:36 PM

Seems possible, but depressing as a VZ customer. So this would mean Verizon customers get no Galaxy S 2 and a lower spec'd Nexus, other carriers get the Galaxy S 2 and a better spec'd Nexus. This would truly be depressing.
    10-06-2011 03:37 PM
    Seems possible, but depressing as a VZ customer. So this would mean Verizon customers get no Galaxy S 2 and a lower spec'd Nexus, other carriers get the Galaxy S 2 and a better spec'd Nexus. This would truly be depressing.
    It just seems odd that VZW would pass on one device for another that ALL the rest are getting at a better spec level.
    10-06-2011 03:41 PM
    Well, the Nexus would be similar to the GS2 plus it would have LTE which no other carrier can match at this point.
    10-06-2011 03:41 PM
    Hmm, the Exynos bit could be true, I mean Samsung makes the A5 and it has the same SGX543MP2 GPU, and for all we know the A5 could be a rebranding of the same Exynos chip, so it might be ready we don't know.

The only thing that confuses me about the two different phones for different carriers theory about this is the Verizon version having a smaller battery, I mean wouldn't it make more sense to have a bigger battery to compensate for LTE?

I'll just try not to get my hopes up, the 11th is just around the corner anyway.
    10-06-2011 03:47 PM
    With all this talk that they are using the OMAP over the Exynos because of LTE, isn't there a SGS II HD LTE being released in South Korea? I would imagine that it would use the Exynos.
    10-06-2011 03:48 PM
    Hmm, the Exynos bit could be true, I mean Samsung makes the A5 and it has the same SGX543MP2 GPU, and for all we know the A5 could be a rebranding of the same Exynos chip, so it might be ready we don't know.

The only thing that confuses me about the two different phones for different carriers theory about this is the Verizon version having a smaller battery, I mean wouldn't it make more sense to have a bigger battery to compensate for LTE?

I'll just try not to get my hopes up, the 11th is just around the corner anyway.
    Sure, but there's a limited amount of space in the phone. LTE takes up more space. They might have to make room with a smaller battery.
    10-06-2011 03:54 PM
    If Verizon comes out with an inferior version. They're going to have problems. Somehow it wouldn't surprise me. Everyone looking forward to the iPhone 5 were disappointed. I hope that us android guys arent heading the same direction.
    10-06-2011 04:03 PM
    And another thing. We've waited years for a true nexus phone on verizon. And that's going to happen? Tuesday can't be here soon enough.
    10-06-2011 04:09 PM
    Damn should have brought another pair of pants to work...
    Bearly likes this.
    10-06-2011 04:17 PM
    I'm going with GSM/Engadget over BGR - "Bad Guess Reporting." (can't take credit for that one, just saw it by someone else on a comment sections and liked it).
    I'm going with neither. No way there's an Exynos processor and a 2000mAh in here. Very less so a GSM/CDMA/LTE radio in here. I liek the sound of that, but just no.
    10-06-2011 04:21 PM

Either Panda or P3 tweeted yesterday that the i515 is VZW and the i9250 is Vodafone. This says to me that they haven't seen an i9250 but believe it exists. I HIGHLY doubt this will launch in its original form without a TI CPU. They made a big deal of that partnership and are not going to just retweak an entire OS for another architecture. 4430 likely. 4460 welcomed surprise. Exynos? Not happening at first launch and maybe not at all in US, contracts get signed.

Battery life? Who knows. It won't be great though, it's going to be thin and hot. Learn to only click LTE on when streaming; treat your brightness like you do now; etc.

This phone will be fantastic but everyone's expectations and fears of *the next best thing* are WAY out of whack. Most of us are coming from the OGD. If you don't think this is the phone to grab from that, you're fckng crazy. Aside from first ICS and OS updates you also have access to any [labs] stuff they're working on first if at all. This is the phone to get. Don't draw the gun if you aren't going to pull the trigger.

ALSO, I wouldn't trust anyone but Nickinson, Kellex, Panda, P3 and Flemming. You need to think of how communities, businesses, tech, and volume/materials work before agreeing with a list of stats.

PEACE< IM OUT

edit: Q4 VZW exclusive. Q1 or next carrier LTE launch it hits all 4.

edit 2: they're working on.
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    10-06-2011 04:32 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD