10-08-2011 04:44 PM
69 123
tools
    I officially don't care anymore until 10/11. Be back then.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    wyseguy77 likes this.
    10-06-2011 08:11 PM
    BGR specs just don't make sense to me. And a two phone approach - if they're both Nexus devices - makes even less sense. Why would Cellebrite have a Verizon phone model - SCH-I515 - as Nexus Prime if the "real" Nexus Prime is going to competitors and Verizon's getting a dumbed down version? Not buying it. There is about as much disinformation as true information going around, just to keep everyone guessing until Tuesday.

My gut feel is that GSMArena specs are much closer to target than BGR. The 4460 @ 1.5 ghz and 8MP camera + all the other goodies listed and you have a true next gen phone. BGR's full of crap...again.
    10-06-2011 08:43 PM
    I agree, I don't see a 1.2Ghz chip coming....but 1.5ghz.

I don't see 5MP camera but an 8MP at least.

I see a 1.5ghz OMAP 4460 because THIS is what Google wants for ICS and since this is a Google Experience phone and a next-gen phone features next-gen type tech, I'm sure that THIS is the processor we will see. Trust me I'd love to see a 1.5ghz Exynos in there, but the only reason why I say it will be an OMAP is because Google wants that to push ICS for now and from what I've read and understand, Exynos still does not allow for LTE.

If it is indeed 5Mp then that is fine...an improved sensor and lens will vastly improve the picture experience. Either way, I don't care what the MP is just as long as the sensors and such are upgraded.

Battery...well with such a big screen, 720P at that, and LTE in this device coupled with a dual core processor, I'm thinking we will NOT be seeing a dinky battery. I'd love to see a 2000mah battery, that would be big for a device that is to be rather thin, chance we will see something around 1850 or so. Still that's a nice offering.
    cdf3 likes this.
    10-06-2011 08:52 PM
    I agree, I don't see a 1.2Ghz chip coming....but 1.5ghz.

I don't see 5MP camera but an 8MP at least.

I see a 1.5ghz OMAP 4460 because THIS is what Google wants for ICS and since this is a Google Experience phone and a next-gen phone features next-gen type tech, I'm sure that THIS is the processor we will see. Trust me I'd love to see a 1.5ghz Exynos in there, but the only reason why I say it will be an OMAP is because Google wants that to push ICS for now and from what I've read and understand, Exynos still does not allow for LTE.

If it is indeed 5Mp then that is fine...an improved sensor and lens will vastly improve the picture experience. Either way, I don't care what the MP is just as long as the sensors and such are upgraded.

Battery...well with such a big screen, 720P at that, and LTE in this device coupled with a dual core processor, I'm thinking we will NOT be seeing a dinky battery. I'd love to see a 2000mah battery, that would be big for a device that is to be rather thin, chance we will see something around 1850 or so. Still that's a nice offering.
    Why would you rather the Exynos vs the TI? Aren't they both 1.5? Just asking because I'm rather ignorant on this subject. And why do some feel like the Exynos is automatically better?
    10-06-2011 09:20 PM
    To say there are going to be two differently spec'd versions of this phone is almost as wrong as those who see a tablet in the Samsung/Google teaser.

Not. gonna. happen.

I don't care who your "inside sources" are.

The sad part is that after the 11th comes and goes, The fan-sites will be held accountable for squat and they will just move on to their next big eye-grabbing headline...
    sushiglobster and algon6004 like this.
    10-06-2011 09:29 PM
    Why would you rather the Exynos vs the TI? Aren't they both 1.5? Just asking because I'm rather ignorant on this subject. And why do some feel like the Exynos is automatically better?
    Well....the TI OMAP has some better processing CPU power behind it...which is nice.

However the Exynos has a rather beefy GPU experience and with a 4.65 inch screen, 720 HD, I think the graphical experience will be a key thing.

I'm sure both can hold their own though. Either one would be a satisfactory CPU to have in this beast of a phone.
    RMT2142 and ejaymd11 like this.
    10-06-2011 09:37 PM

I'm with you!
    10-06-2011 09:39 PM
    There will be an Exynos version of this released early next year, but it will be called the Galaxy S3. All carriers will get the Nexus.
    10-06-2011 10:00 PM
    Maybe they'll pull an Apple and not even announce a new phone. Just a GS2 with a new texting feature. That would be classic!!! Haha.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-06-2011 11:35 PM
    Couldn't agree more. If what I'm thinking will happen, happens, then I am removing Droid-life from my bookmarks toolbar on Google Chrome and just getting my news strictly from other sources from now on. The T-Mobile adds on their site about made me already remove them from my list of regularly visited sites, but if this turns out like I'm thinking it will, they're gone! Used to be a really good site, but it is quickly going down the toilet, and the cockiness there is getting offensive, in my opinion. The misinformation, and the waffling on their "reliable insiders" sources is getting extremely old.
    10-06-2011 11:52 PM
    Hahaha there canceling the hole thing. Haha no new software or new phone. They pulled an apple X2. What a joke. by apple not introducing iPhone 5 now no one feels pressured to put out a new phone

10-07-2011 11:42 AM
    Hahaha there canceling the hole thing. Haha no new software or new phone. They pulled an apple X2. What a joke. by apple not introducing iPhone 5 now no one feels pressured to put out a new phone

right....
    10-07-2011 12:02 PM
    Which of these two processors would have better battery life though?
    10-07-2011 12:25 PM
    Which of these two processors would have better battery life though?
    No way to know at this point. I don't think the 1.5ghz Exynos has even begun sampling yet.
    10-07-2011 12:49 PM
    Oh right, totally forgot about that. Just hoping that either of these use less power consumption so that the battery will last a bit longer.
    10-07-2011 12:50 PM
    this phone sounds like a beast!!! i want it!
    scotty_pimmpen likes this.
    10-07-2011 01:13 PM
    Droid Prime = Verizon

Nexus Prime = Everyone Else
    I agree with this 100%

When the Nexus One came out Verizon had their "own version" the Droid Incredible.

This Nexus will be no different.

Verizon = Droid Prime

Everyone else = Nexus Prime
    10-07-2011 02:43 PM
    I agree with this 100%

When the Nexus One came out Verizon had their "own version" the Droid Incredible.

This Nexus will be no different.

Verizon = Droid Prime

Everyone else = Nexus Prime

Not sure where people keep getting Droid Prime from. Every leak that's come out so far points to "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" far from the Droid title that most Motorola phones receive. I can't recall seeing the title, Droid Prime ever come up...just something that people kind of made up in speculation of it coming to Verizon. We know it's coming to Verizon already, bloat free with no skins which is deserving of the Nexus naming scheme. Prime is also a code word of sorts....not the actual launch name. We won't know till the official announcement, but Droid Prime will most likely NOT be the name of the device.
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    10-07-2011 02:50 PM

Hmm... guess this plan did not work out for me. I'd like to say I won't be back until the 27th... but that isn't true either. Dang you, twitter!!!

10-07-2011 02:59 PM
    Has there been anything official on the unpack changed to Oct. 27th? Or is that a guess because it's a prime number?
    10-07-2011 03:28 PM
    I just read that date tossed around a few times, I have absolutely no idea about the validity. Apparently the rumor about the 27th in London was dismissed, however. According to tweets anyway. Who knows? *shrug*

Probably hear something soon. Either way, it seems all those "in the know" say it has no effect on the launch, only the announcement.

No worries, I can wait.

10-07-2011 04:42 PM
    Has there been anything official on the unpack changed to Oct. 27th? Or is that a guess because it's a prime number?
    Im not a math whiz but 27 is not a prime number....
    10-07-2011 05:13 PM
    Im not a math whiz but 27 is not a prime number....
    Prime number theory huh? Ok, well then the possible days of the month are:

2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29 31

If they want to stick with a Tuesday, then the earliest possible day would be November 29th. Although I don't know if they would delay that much to stick to a gimmick like that with such a huge release.
    10-07-2011 05:36 PM
    November 3rd release since its a prime number and a Thursday(verizon release day)
    10-07-2011 06:06 PM
    November 3rd release since its a prime number and a Thursday(verizon release day)
    who says that google is interested in a prime number?
    10-07-2011 06:06 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD