nexus prime vid is up again better hurry up

modr0010

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
There looked to be a ton of lag on those movements. He had to press buttons multiple times and repeat gestures. I'm not impressed at all with that video.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I also wish the lockscreen would have had shortcuts to more than just the camera. I actually like how ios5 does that and wouldn't mind a google implementation of it.

mrmurdstone

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I call fake on this video. Why doesn't he turn it to side profile? What's with the lag? Power button positon doesn't match the Samsung teaser video we saw earlier this week.

Could be a prototype that has been superceeded by.a newerversion we saw in the Samsung. Video

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The fake leak of ICS was really not polished looking. I'm glad they took the visuals from Honeycomb, it's a much cleaner look.

The problem is they didn't fully take the visuals from honeycomb. The old leak had more honeycomb in it. For this leak they added a conflicting theme to the launcher, making the search and app drawer button very flat and white, as well as making the software buttons grey. And there's no 3d effect on homescreen transitions either, which is the worst crime.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
if this is legit I'm a bit nervous. seems he clicked every icon multiple times before it would register. watch it again, it happens almost every single time he taps the screen.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
if this is legit I'm a bit nervous. seems he clicked every icon multiple times before it would register. watch it again, it happens almost every single time he taps the screen.

Don't worry about that. There's no way an issue as big as an unresponsive touchscreen would get through testing.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

So, ICS has no search button? I already was dubious of these soft buttons, but no search? the whole top is a search widget that seems persistent as he changes home screens. Does this mean we lose the top of the screen to search and the bottom to soft buttons?

But it's suppose to be 4.65" I mean I don't think you will be missing that space.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'm going to say this. Everyone is concerned about the specs, however what if these are just early prototypes? When first create something whether it's a brand new airliner, or a tiny phone what you use to test often times is different that what is actually released. Just a thought.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
There looked to be a ton of lag on those movements. He had to press buttons multiple times and repeat gestures. I'm not impressed at all with that video.

Not sure where you're seeing lag. The dude operating that phone doesn't seem to have ever used Android before. Yeah he taps on the back button from a home screen and it did nothing. That's not lag. That button does nothing from a home screen. He also tapped the home button from the main home screen and....wait for it....it did nothing. Because that's what happens on all Android phones.

Everything looked smooth as sh*t from a duck's a$$ from my end.

Is there something else you're seeing that I'm not?

Reactions: ejaymd11

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure where you're seeing lag. The dude operating that phone doesn't seem to have ever used Android before. Yeah he taps on the back button from a home screen and it did nothing. That's not lag. That button does nothing from a home screen. He also tapped the home button from the main home screen and....wait for it....it did nothing. Because that's what happens on all Android phones.

Everything looked smooth as sh*t from a duck's a$$ from my end.

Is there something else you're seeing that I'm not?

If there is one thing I've learned from this forum, it's that people will always find something to complain about.

Last edited:

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
The sensor is more important than megapixels for lens that size. This is has been common knowledge for a decade.

True. And beyond that, smashing a ton of pixels onto a tiny sensor makes your images looks worse, even if they are higher resolution. I hope this megapixel obsession fades, because, with current tech, 5mp is the sweet spot for phones.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
But it's suppose to be 4.65" I mean I don't think you will be missing that space.
I don't know about that. We don't really know until the announcement what's what. But if true, between the apparently persistent top search block and a (perhaps persistent) bottom soft button row, it seems like we would be losing 3/4" or more of total height. I mean, my Fascinate now is 4" and that would have more usable screen space than this if this is correct. Am I missing something here?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown