10-10-2011 08:33 PM
209 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Again. Read this. People don't know what the hell they're talking about. Everybody be patient.

Twitter
    Thanks Phil -- sorry for making that new thread.

I think anxiety and nerves seem to be getting the best of people because of this new device (mine included).
    10-07-2011 10:48 AM
    Again. Read this. People don't know what the hell they're talking about. Everybody be patient.

Twitter
    Just read the same tweet. Droid Life is running around posting something from some random twitter feed? How can they have any credibility to just take something that's unconfirmed and run with it? I think for me the just lost all credibility when it comes to anything Nexus related.
    10-07-2011 10:53 AM
    Just read the same tweet. Droid Life is running around posting something from some random twitter feed? How can they have any credibility to just take something that's unconfirmed and run with it? I think for me the just lost all credibility when it comes to anything Nexus related.
    Apparently they feel that putting a question mark at the end of the headline makes it ok. They do this a lot. Then on the off chance they are right, they can brag about being "zomg 1st!!!111".
    10-07-2011 10:56 AM
    I agree, but DL isn't the only one. AndroidCentral was just as lousy during the whole Thunderbolt fiasco. It's the nature of blogs.
    10-07-2011 10:59 AM
    The speculation is now officially out of hand!! I'm reading some of the craziest things. EVEN if they did move the event to London on the 27th (I know it's BS) how does that all of a sudden mean it's launching their first, won't have a US launch, or all of a sudden it's not coming to VZW??? Things are going to get even more bat **** crazy than before smh.
    10-07-2011 11:05 AM
    The speculation is now officially out of hand!! I'm reading some of the craziest things. EVEN if they did move the event to London on the 27th (I know it's BS) how does that all of a sudden mean it's launching their first, won't have a US launch, or all of a sudden it's not coming to VZW??? Things are going to get even more bat **** crazy than before smh.
    Indeed. Everyone needs to take a valium and calm down.

ejaymd11 and scotty_pimmpen like this.
    10-07-2011 11:08 AM
    This whole situation could turn out to be very damaging to the Nexus Prime. After many months of increasing hype over Google's new flagship phone (note that Google didn't attempt to deter any hype), some specs are leaked a few days ago that are not very impressive. They are especially unimpressive when you consider this phone was to be a "flagship" phone.

Then everybody has their hopes set on an October 11 date to finally get some official answers (and hopefully news that the leaked specs were not accurate). Now that the date has been postponed, Samsung and Google may find that many people begin looking elsewhere for their next phone.
    10-07-2011 11:17 AM
    This whole situation could turn out to be very damaging to the Nexus Prime.
    You cant be serious. Yea I am bummed by this development. I will get the Nexus whenever it does finally come out. I mean really, unless you are an Android geek, me included, did you even know about this announcement, do normal people even know what a Nexus is?
    10-07-2011 11:24 AM
    BI is reporting that a Google spokesperson confirmed to them that this change is out of respect to Jobs death, and not related to production delays: Samsung Cancels Nexus Event Out Of Respect For Steve Jobs
    10-07-2011 11:24 AM
    i heard they delayed it because of Steve s death. not sure how that makes sense.
    10-07-2011 11:26 AM
    This whole situation could turn out to be very damaging to the Nexus Prime. After many months of increasing hype over Google's new flagship phone (note that Google didn't attempt to deter any hype), some specs are leaked a few days ago that are not very impressive. They are especially unimpressive when you consider this phone was to be a "flagship" phone.

Then everybody has their hopes set on an October 11 date to finally get some official answers (and hopefully news that the leaked specs were not accurate). Now that the date has been postponed, Samsung and Google may find that many people begin looking elsewhere for their next phone.
    Looking where exactly? The 4S? It was only a few days ago that people were saying that the disappointing specs of the 4S would push people to android.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    10-07-2011 11:30 AM
    This probably makes me a bad person but the first two thoughts that came to mind when I heard Jobs passed was: Google/ Sam better not postpone this event and oh joy I can't wait to see all the stupid celebrities act like Jobs was their hero... ugh.... both coming true at this point..
    10-07-2011 11:31 AM
    Confirmed, postponed due to Steve Jobs death! No problem with product or launch!

Samsung Cancels Nexus Event Out Of Respect For Steve Jobs
    10-07-2011 11:34 AM
    I can see where someone looking at a stack of marketing posters that have the phrase "THE iPHONE KILLER" is thinking, maybe this is not a good time to release this phone or use that language. I must admit that almost every new Andriod phone in resent past has had a review or fan boy use that phrase.
    10-07-2011 11:54 AM
    I knew it was because if steves passing, no big deal I can understand that.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk
    10-07-2011 11:55 AM
    Looking where exactly? The 4S? It was only a few days ago that people were saying that the disappointing specs of the 4S would push people to android.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    I think the carriers said something about it. Maybe they want to at least try and sell some of the iPhones before the nexus comes out

10-07-2011 11:57 AM
    I understand the reason out of respect. BUT apple didnt push back the iphone 4s because of this, they still went on pre-sale today... apple is continuing their stuff, android should too.... imo
    kembry likes this.
    10-07-2011 12:04 PM
    I understand the reason out of respect. BUT apple didnt push back the iphone 4s because of this, they still went on pre-sale today... apple is continuing their stuff, android should too.... imo
    They made the announcement before Jobs passed away. Why would the delay the phone's release?
    10-07-2011 12:06 PM
    I can see where someone looking at a stack of marketing posters that have the phrase "THE iPHONE KILLER" is thinking, maybe this is not a good time to release this phone or use that language. I must admit that almost every new Andriod phone in resent past has had a review or fan boy use that phrase.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. They probably had some marketing that was either making fun of jobs, Apple, or the iPhone and now the have to rethink their strategy.
    10-07-2011 12:06 PM
    They made the announcement before Jobs passed away. Why would the delay the phone's release?
    Media coverage. In 4 days the media is still likely to speaking about Jobs' death, especially with the iphone launch a couple of days later. Very few people outside of these blogs know about the nexus or have an interest in it. Google and Samsung would like to get as much press as they can, so they delay the presentation but not the launch.
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    10-07-2011 12:09 PM
    Media coverage. In 4 days the media is still likely to speaking about Jobs' death, especially with the iphone launch a couple of days later. Very few people outside of these blogs know about the nexus or have an interest in it. Google and Samsung would like to get as much press as they can, so they delay the presentation but not the launch.
    Sigh... I'm talking about Apple, not Google/Samsung.
    10-07-2011 12:10 PM
    Hearing lots of reports of due to Steve Jobs' funeral being held on Tuesday.
    Phew glad I was right about this and didn't sound like I was blowing hot air.

Stay classy Google / Samsung.
    10-07-2011 12:18 PM
    I think the carriers said something about it. Maybe they want to at least try and sell some of the iPhones before the nexus comes out

Why would that matter? They want to sell phones period. They could care less which one as long as they both sell.
    10-07-2011 12:21 PM
    At least it's not like my Thunderbolt. The announcement is delayed, not the phones release.
    EggoEspada and Mooem like this.
    10-07-2011 12:27 PM
    i dont wanna be morbid. but
    Steve was a CEO, not a god.
    kembry and coronaboy10 like this.
    10-07-2011 12:36 PM
209 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD