Postponed

mosd

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced.

Developing...
Leave A Comment

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
it better be a minor delay where they just want a whole event to themselves a la 4s, but with a good product.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
can anyone give me a link to the official statement made by samsung/google. just so i know it aint web rumorz....

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Google might want to have their own event at their HQ. I thought the announcement was a littler early considering a late October or early November release.

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't fret. Probably due to Jobs' passing and showing some respect. If the device/OS was not ready they wouldn't have prepared the marketing video, sent out invites, and canceled just a few days prior.

I am sure it is still on schedule for late October/early November.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
p3droid doesnt seem toooo concerned. gamergirlxxx tweeted the postponement, and p3droid tweeted: ooh, ooh I know, I know...just not telling u when.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate bringing up Apple, but I know the companies are competing against each other. After Apple's disappointing iPhone 4S launch Google/Samsung may not feel pressured to make an announcement now.

I'm sure Samsung would like a couple of more weeks with the GS2 being their flagship device in the US.

Let's just hope this doesn't turn into the same type of delay as the GS2 announcement. They canceled their May event.

There's still time for Verizon to mess up this release.

MarkAllan

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
P3droid said yesterday on Twitter not to believe any rumors of a delay. Plus, the English is kinda bad in that statement. 'Samsing and Google decide... ' sounds like broken English. I would wait before everyone freaks out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps this would explain two different specs?

Maybe they've first planned to combat the new iPhone ASAP hence why their first spec is quite disappointing to us (BGR specs). Now that they realize there's no need to rush, they decided to wait and test the new device with more powerful specs instead.

Full of maybe's.. but I just hope that it's not the 1.2GHz.

And also this would give me time to evaluate whether I should get the HTC Vigor instead as well.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
P3droid said yesterday on Twitter not to believe any rumors of a delay. Plus, the English is kinda bad in that statement. 'Samsing and Google decide... ' sounds like broken English. I would wait before everyone freaks out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well the Unpacked app has been pulled from the Android market.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't fret. Probably due to Jobs' passing and showing some respect. If the device/OS was not ready they wouldn't have prepared the marketing video, sent out invites, and canceled just a few days prior.

i think you hit it right on the head. Yeah Apple and Samsung are in legal problems, but I mean Steve Jobs kind of is a legend. I have never bought an Apple product but when i heard the news, i was even saddened. I bet they delay a week or two just to show some repsect like you said, since his funeral will be coming up early in the week. Their announcement also would just be overshadowed by his funeral and the launch of the 4S.

Im not trying to sound like an ass, but if he was going to pass away (hopefully in peace) anytime soon, Apple had the right scheduling set up so that it was after their event and before the launch.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
makes sense that it was postponed. i would think Jobs' funeral is around the same time (this weekend possibly) and im sure many of the google honchos will be attending. with that said, iphone4s presales started today. seems like apple is carrying on with regular business. android needs to do the same...and they better make their announcement before the 4s release, unless theyre willing to put millions of possible sales on the line for Jobs.

Reactions: ggong5150