10-10-2011 08:33 PM
209 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I had hear the funeral was going to be on Tuesday as well, but it appears it is actually today.
    10-07-2011 04:30 PM
    The respect Google showed is first class. To help keep your head up go live a little life. It is only a banana with touch wizard. It won't change the world. For the rest of us, I think it is a bad call. Jobs wanted technology in our hands at the end of the day, yes, his products, but in the end, innovation is what the man brought to market, and he brought it. I see people craping on the iphone4s for having the same display. Still the best in the world and you can bet your app compatibility (not so much with Android) on that.
    10-07-2011 04:41 PM
    We all know how the media thinks of apple and honestly while its business and i personally would have no problem with the announcement on tuesday. I can honestly see the media claiming that google and samsung were taking advantage of it and put a bad spin on the announcement of the device, and you know apple fanboys would call for heads and they would be very vocal about that and in the media the loud are heard.
    10-07-2011 04:43 PM
    The respect Google showed is first class...
    This is a smart business move. If they go ahead with the announcement they'll lose buzz and coverage by sharing time with Jobs. Google wants the maximum coverage possible.
    10-07-2011 04:48 PM
    What you just said didn't make sense. It's very possible that even people at Apple didn't know Jobs was about to perish and therefore continued business as usual. Jobs has been reportedly a very private person and this is quite feasible. What's also quite feasible is Tim Cook knew but Jobs told them to go on with BAU. We do not know. But simply dismissing "out of respect" because Apple still had their presentation is stupid because we do not know what Apple officially knew before hand. Here's a quote that tipb has:

“We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs’s passing.”

And if this is the case this means that a release date for the device most likely hasn't changed just the time when they would do the announcement.

Just an FYI to everyone his funeral is today.
    What I said was not meant to disrespect....Everyone running the Keynote were friends of Steve they all must have known of his proximity...They plodded on and if you watched the Keynote signs of what they knew came through in their segments though they did their best. Especially Tim Cook.

What I meant was that I thought it odd that Google and Samsung would base a business decision on the death of a competitor....With the mention of the funeral I realized that they are paying respects to the family and probably were closer then I thought. Also I knew Steve was dying how could they not know???

Does that clear that up...Or do you want to hammer a knew guy some more. Just so I know its standard practice to call folks Stupid here?
    10-07-2011 04:48 PM
    From what I have read, it's just the announcement that's been delayed, the phone is still going to be released at the same time.

This could be a good thing, means less time between announcement and release?

Sent from my Amiga 500 using Workbench!
    10-07-2011 04:53 PM
    This is a smart business move. If they go ahead with the announcement they'll lose buzz and coverage by sharing time with Jobs. Google wants the maximum coverage possible.
    If that's all Google wants then I pass. I would rather there be some heart; however, I still give Google the benefit and applaud them.
    10-07-2011 04:54 PM
    If that's all Google wants then I pass. I would rather there be some heart; however, I still give Google the benefit and applaud them.
    A healthy dose of reality might help you understand how businesses work. I don't really care for a lot of things Google does. I'm buying a product not making a political statement.
    10-07-2011 05:42 PM
    jobs' death aside, google needs to make the nexus announcement before the 4s is released to let everyone know there is another option. all of this flaming about paying respect for the man? apple is carrying on with regular business. does this mean tim cook is cold-hearted? nope. google needs to carry on.
    10-07-2011 05:42 PM
    two thread per news, really difficult to follow this forum.
    I'm thinking if the users of this forum have used a forum ever.
    10-07-2011 05:43 PM
    A healthy dose of reality might help you understand how businesses work. I don't really care for a lot of things Google does. I'm buying a product not making a political statement.
    agreed. people needa calm down on this "PAY HIM RESPECT" moaning
    10-07-2011 05:43 PM
    jobs' death aside, google needs to make the nexus announcement before the 4s is released to let everyone know there is another option. all of this flaming about paying respect for the man? apple is carrying on with regular business. does this mean tim cook is cold-hearted? nope. google needs to carry on.
    How many more times do we need to go over this iPhone vs. Nexus thing? Short of running non-stop TV ads for the next week no one knows about the Nexus.
    10-07-2011 05:46 PM
    How many more times do we need to go over this iPhone vs. Nexus thing? Short of running non-stop TV ads for the next week no one knows about the Nexus.
    the thread of this title is "Postponed." a major reason is because of jobs' death. plus the 4s was recently announced. if you dont like the iphone/nexus comparison, don't read the thread.
    10-07-2011 05:53 PM
    the thread of this title is "Postponed." a major reason is because of jobs' death. plus the 4s was recently announced. if you dont like the iphone/nexus comparison, don't read the thread.
    The fact that the 4S was released has absolutely nothing to do with the delay and makes no sense. This is not an iPhone/Nexus comparison thread. The Nexus is a very specific device for a particular niche of users. Stop making it something it isn't.
    nemov likes this.
    10-07-2011 06:27 PM
    The fact that the 4S was released has absolutely nothing to do with the delay and makes no sense. This is not an iPhone/Nexus comparison thread. The Nexus is a very specific device for a particular niche of users. Stop making it something it isn't.
    Probably you are right some days ago but after the iFlop presentation you are not that much right for one reason.
    iPhoners is really disappointed from the iFlop and they need a new device, what is the best device if you don't want an iFlop?

A Samsung GS2, but what about the successor of GS2?

IMHO this is the best time to present the phone, iPhoners are disoriented, its time to hit them
    10-07-2011 06:31 PM
    calm down. i said "a major reason is because of jobs' death. (period, space) plus the 4s..." never said there was a delay BECAUSE of the 4s. that was an extra tidbit.
    10-07-2011 06:53 PM
    Plus implies the 4S contributed to the delay. That is completely illogical.
    10-07-2011 07:02 PM
    Probably you are right some days ago but after the iFlop presentation you are not that much right for one reason.
    iPhoners is really disappointed from the iFlop and they need a new device, what is the best device if you don't want an iFlop?

A Samsung GS2, but what about the successor of GS2?

IMHO this is the best time to present the phone, iPhoners are disoriented, its time to hit them
    Exactly my point.. The release of the 4S wouldn't cause or contribute to a delay.
    10-07-2011 07:05 PM
    Plus implies the 4S contributed to the delay.
    already clarified to everyone that that's not what i meant.
    10-07-2011 07:17 PM
    AT&T Alone Sees 200,000 iPhone 4S Preorders in First 12 Hours, Their Most Successful iPhone Launch Ever - Mac Rumors

I honestly dont care about sales but business doesnt stop moving... Just hope the release date really hasnt been changed as well as the announcement. I already lost two friends to the 4s due to the lack of official news and delay on the Nexus announcement :/.
    10-07-2011 07:21 PM
    Update: A Samsung spokesperson issued a follow up statement to CNET, confirming speculation that the reveal was postponed out of respect, following the passing of Steve Jobs. "We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs's passing," the spokesperson explained.
    10-07-2011 07:30 PM
    I am very much a Jobs/apple fan but it makes no sense to me to postpone a launch of a totally unrelated device from an unrelated company because of his death. The iPhone just launched after he died. I would think THAT may have been delayed to show respect and not the "business as usual" attitude of their leader's passing.

I think Nexus was looking for an excuse to build up their stock of the phones (so that something like the Bionic being in so short supply at Costcos would not be an issue). Just my 2c.
    10-07-2011 07:51 PM
    At the end of the day the stingy companies only really care for money. Call me what you want but Apple was not going to postpone the iphone4s because of this, Jobs passing away will actually make the phone sell better that it already was...

Now as for Google and Samsung, same goes for them. They can't announce the Nexus or ICS while every channel and every internet site is still talking about Jobs, its common sense.

Tim is sad now but when he sees the money rolling in his eyes will open wide. Its messed up but thats the way it is in life. Its all about money to big companies. Why do you think Apple announce a 4s instead of a 5? Money, get people to buy now then buy later.

See what I did their hahaha, I didnt take sides.
    10-07-2011 08:05 PM
    It's a little known fact that the Freemasons are huge investors in Apple pulling the strings behind the scenes. They decided that nothing would be able to hype the 4S more than the death of Steve Jobs (which they orchestrated). This would also serve to delay and undermine the Samsung/Google alliance ideally costing them market share by undermining the launch of what is turning out to be one of the, if not the largest Android release of the year.

Since the preceding statement contains about as much truth as half the things which have been posted today, i will decree it as accurate.

discuss!
    kvlt, nemov and Cigar-Junkie like this.
    10-07-2011 08:09 PM
    Damn the illuminati!!!!!!!!!
    10-07-2011 08:33 PM
209 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD