Postponed

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just got official word from Kim Titus, head of Samsung PR.
"Samsung and Google have decided to postpone the Samsung Mobile Unpacked event during the CTIA in San Diego, previously scheduled for Oct. 11. Under the current circumstances, both parties have agreed that this is not the appropriate time for the announcement of a new product. We would ask for the understanding of our clients and media for any inconvenience caused. We will announce a new date and venue in due course."

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds Steve Jobs related...maybe they want to take some shots at Apple in the presentation?

Edit: P.S. - I call BS on that 27th/London rumor after seeing this announcement from Samsung.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
After all the delays and waiting and comparing and refreshing... what I'm least looking forward to is letting my wife know that the announcement has been delayed. My Storm 1 sometimes doesn't ring when people call, and I promised her that this was my next phone and that I would have it ASAP. The eye-roll of the century is coming up when she hears that the new date isn't even set.

blakepilot#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't buy that it's Steve Jobs related. This is business, folks, and business like this doesn't get put on hold for anyone. If I were a betting man, I would bet that it's ironing out a few kinks before they debut it. My best hope is they've got to manufacture some AT&T-branded phones. :)

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If Jobs' funeral and/or memorial is around the same time I could see Googs backing off since many tech exces will be there (including their own) and it just wouldn't feel right to make a product announcement at that time.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Again. Read this. People don't know what the hell they're talking about. Everybody be patient.

Twitter

Just read the same tweet. Droid Life is running around posting something from some random twitter feed? How can they have any credibility to just take something that's unconfirmed and run with it? I think for me the just lost all credibility when it comes to anything Nexus related.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just read the same tweet. Droid Life is running around posting something from some random twitter feed? How can they have any credibility to just take something that's unconfirmed and run with it? I think for me the just lost all credibility when it comes to anything Nexus related.

Apparently they feel that putting a question mark at the end of the headline makes it ok. They do this a lot. Then on the off chance they are right, they can brag about being "zomg 1st!!!111".

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree, but DL isn't the only one. AndroidCentral was just as lousy during the whole Thunderbolt fiasco. It's the nature of blogs.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The speculation is now officially out of hand!! I'm reading some of the craziest things. EVEN if they did move the event to London on the 27th (I know it's BS) how does that all of a sudden mean it's launching their first, won't have a US launch, or all of a sudden it's not coming to VZW??? Things are going to get even more bat poop crazy than before smh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000