Postponed

sblantipodi

Banned
Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Phone forums (US/EURO) would be bad place to measure how quickly people upgrade. Phone zealots don't wait. The overwhelming trend in the US is 20-24 for each phone.

As I told you europe is full of phone enthusiast.
Only kids, iphoners and non enthusiast people have the same phone for more than 12 months.

In any case this argument isn't really an argument related to the post you quoted.
iphoners may want to try a new device but they haven't got any new device to try actually if not 4S.
a galaxy nexus could appease the boiling spirits of iphoners and make them waiting the nexus.

simply my opinion, in any case your argument is really unrelated to what we were talking about.

I'm a mobile software developer, I can tell you that my users upgrade their phone every "6-18" months at maximum.
Their average is 12 months and we sell software all over the world specially in US and Europe.
A customer who do not ask for a new license in 24 months is a lost customer for us since we know that we will not see him anymore.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
where are you getting these numbers? is this an opinion?

Part opinion, part common sense, and part observation from selling cell phones back in the day. People who aren't tech-heads (most of the population) are tied into two year contracts that are eligible for phone upgrades every two years.

Edited to add factual evidence.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Part opinion, part common sense, and part observation from selling cell phones back in the day. People who aren't tech-heads (most of the population) are tied into two year contracts that are eligible for phone upgrades every two years.

Edited to add factual evidence.

Back in the day? How far back in the day? Before smartphones? Or when people only had BB's and it was pointless to upgrade any sooner? If I still owned a blackberry I'd still be on the Blackberry Tour 9630 with the trackball.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Especially if you consider the typical two year track of any iPhone users that were in on the original. iPhone --> iPhone 3GS ---> iPhone 4S. I'm not surprised at why their preorders sold out as quickly as they did...this was an upgrade eligible device for a lot of apple fans....fans that weren't going to even consider the Nexus. Not to say I don't think there are some inbetweeners Google could have roped in with an earlier announcement, but they had no chance of stealing any core Apple users.

Lenerdosy

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how long this is delayed for? My old BB is just so slow, laggy, and freezes too much and I need to decide if I should get this when it comes to Canada (contracts up March 1st) or go now and get the Iphone 4S or the SGS2. Was really hoping to hear a release date on this soon because my old phone is just brutal these days.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how long this is delayed for? My old BB is just so slow, laggy, and freezes too much and I need to decide if I should get this when it comes to Canada (contracts up March 1st) or go now and get the Iphone 4S or the SGS2. Was really hoping to hear a release date on this soon because my old phone is just brutal these days.

Nothing is delayed. Release is rumored to be November 3rd. The only thing that was "delayed" was Google/Samsung's announcement of the device. That will be sometime before the end of the month.

Lenerdosy

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Nothing is delayed. Release is rumored to be November 3rd. The only thing that was "delayed" was Google/Samsung's announcement of the device. That will be sometime before the end of the month.

Yea meant announcement delayed cause I heard its coming at a later time to Canada/other USA carriers than Verizon and just hoping to hear a date of the phones release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463