Do you think the Prime will have a quality camera?

hournet562

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Camera quality is important to me as I take a lot of photos on a regular basis. I currently own a droid incredible and the camera is average but all the pictures I take are washed out and I have to manually enhance them. I am thinking about getting an iPhone 4S due to the supposed high camera quality but want to wait to see if the prime's is going to be any good. What are your thoughts?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Without a doubt this should have a good quality camera but that's just my uneducated guess samsung is usually good about the cameras on their high end Phones

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Several reliable rumors (including from sites that have a good track-record with leaking specs early) have stated that the camera quality will be a major emphasis in this Nexus phone. If they end up going with the 5mp CCD I'd guess it's because it is better at low-light photography (i.e. it's backlit) and it load up the camera faster and more more quickly from one photo to the next.

Honestly, 5mp is more than enough for most people, it's the quality of the image and the quality of life of using the camera (e.g. speed) that is most important. I expect the Galaxy Nexus to have the best camera overall yet seen on an Android phone.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I returned the Bionic because of its lousy camera. I sure hope the Nexus will be better. My DH's older phone still takes better pix then all these droids out there. Let's hope Sanding pulls through on this one feature!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jaydee15

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I returned the Bionic because of its lousy camera. I sure hope the Nexus will be better. My DH's older phone still takes better pix then all these droids out there. Let's hope Sanding pulls through on this one feature!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I did the same had the bionic, I looked past the POS screen but couldn't look past how horrible the camera was. Cant wait for this phone, I hope the camera is good

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope there will be zoom on the camera, unlike the Nexus S.

If you mean an optical zoom then it's very doubtful - there's not much space in phones for that many moving lenses, and the Galaxy Nexus is a very thing phone. And there's no reason for a digital zoom, as you can always crop the image after you take it (it's the exact same thing).

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading a long time (several months) ago that the NP was supposed to have a really good 5MP camera. I have nothing to back that up, but it seems like a reasonable statement. Most people assume 5MP is terrible even though no one will notice a quality difference unless they're printing large posters or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome