10-11-2011 07:04 PM
43 12
tools
    Lets look at the history of ADPs (Android Developer Phones).

1. ADP 1, aka unlocked HTC G1.
    2. ADP 2, aka unlocked HTC Magic.
    3. HTC Nexus One.
    4. Samsung Nexus S
    5. Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Doesn't look like Samsung is taking over, it looks like Google either gave another company the chance to pick it up, or Samsung was the lowest bidder.
    Galaxy S isn't one of the ADP unless you mean the Nexus S.
    10-11-2011 04:53 AM
    I am pretty sure he meant the Nexus S.
    10-11-2011 06:05 AM
    Sincerely I think that Galaxy Nexus will be the last nexus made by Samsung and that all other nexus will be made my Motorola.

Sincerely I love motorola and I'm glad for it.
    10-11-2011 06:09 AM
    I like Sammy more than Htc cause if screen and better speakers. The last 3 or so Htc devices I have had. Had terrible speakers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 06:44 AM
    Doesn't bother me. I trust Google to pick the best match of hardware to their software at the time it's presented to them. Really diggin' the thought of finally having a Nexus on VZW.... with LTE at that. Goodness gracious, I can hardly wait!

*customized tapatalk signature*
    Wiggy0211 likes this.
    10-11-2011 08:13 AM
    I'm not sure why we are all judging phones that aren't in existence yet. Every Samsung phone is not designed the same, every HTC phone us not designed the same, and so on and so forth...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 08:19 AM
    I agree with the OP and know were he's coming from. I bought the Nexus One almost at launch. It didn't do well but, I think that's because of the way they sold it (online only). It seemed like they went out of their way to make it a nice -pure Google - experience.

My hope is the next Nexus phone will be made by Motorola. Since Google owns their mobility section, I think it has the possibility to be the best Nexus phone ever. Pure Google, with nothing on the case but, Google and that's it. No bloatware, no carrier skin and, ICS 2.0 (I can dream).
    10-11-2011 08:47 AM
    I agree with the OP and know were he's coming from. I bought the Nexus One almost at launch. It didn't do well but, I think that's because of the way they sold it (online only). It seemed like they went out of their way to make it a nice -pure Google - experience.

My hope is the next Nexus phone will be made by Motorola. Since Google owns their mobility section, I think it has the possibility to be the best Nexus phone ever. Pure Google, with nothing on the case but, Google and that's it. No bloatware, no carrier skin and, ICS 2.0 (I can dream).
    Not yet. The M&A hasn't officially been approved. Also, Moto must get rid of the horrible looking Pentile display if they want to produce a Nexus phone.
    10-11-2011 10:01 AM
    Not yet. The M&A hasn't officially been approved. Also, Moto must get rid of the horrible looking Pentile display if they want to produce a Nexus phone.
    If Google can put a Samsung AMOLED screen into their HTC Nexus One, I don't see why they can't put a Super AMOLED into a Motorola Nexus phone.
    10-11-2011 10:38 AM
    If Google can put a Samsung AMOLED screen into their HTC Nexus One, I don't see why they can't put a next generation Super AMOLED into a Motorola Nexus phone.
    Especially since Motorola's new Droid RAZR is rumored to have a SAMOLED display.
    10-11-2011 10:39 AM
    I'm really not the biggest Samsung fan - traditionally their products seem to be fairly cutting-edge in terms of new technology, but pretty cheap in build quality. That said, companies change and not all products are manufactured the same way. The first Galaxy S fit my impression perfectly - it had new and exciting technology and felt like a cheap plastic toy in the hand. But the GSII, while still plastic, seems to have a much better build quality. If they go all out for this Galaxy Nexus then I'll have no issues picking it up.

That said, I would like to see the manufacturer change each year, if only to help them all get more invested in Android. I'm sure Sony, for example, could come up with something pretty sweet if they put their minds into it.
    10-11-2011 10:43 AM
    I'm really not the biggest Samsung fan - traditionally their products seem to be fairly cutting-edge in terms of new technology, but pretty cheap in build quality. That said, companies change and not all products are manufactured the same way. The first Galaxy S fit my impression perfectly - it had new and exciting technology and felt like a cheap plastic toy in the hand. But the GSII, while still plastic, seems to have a much better build quality. If they go all out for this Galaxy Nexus then I'll have no issues picking it up.

That said, I would like to see the manufacturer change each year, if only to help them all get more invested in Android. I'm sure Sony, for example, could come up with something pretty sweet if they put their minds into it.
    Sony first needs to produce some seriously high-end phones to prove themselves before they can work on a Nexus.
    10-11-2011 11:05 AM
    Where did I say Galaxy S?

Prove it.

Yes, it was a typo. I had Galaxy Nexus on the brain and combined them.
    10-11-2011 11:09 AM
    Especially since Motorola's new Droid RAZR is rumored to have a SAMOLED display.
    Is it a SAMOLED or SAMOLED Plus?
    10-11-2011 11:10 AM
    I'd rather have Samsung do the Nexus than Motorola IMO. I don't like how Motorola locks down their bootloaders thus IMO killing the freedom of Android. Samsung has always made sure to be community friendly and I personally appreciate them for that. Not to mention Samsung hardware is far more pleasing to the eye than Motorola hardware.
    10-11-2011 11:48 AM
    I'd rather have Samsung do the Nexus than Motorola IMO. I don't like how Motorola locks down their bootloaders thus IMO killing the freedom of Android. Samsung has always made sure to be community friendly and I personally appreciate them for that. Not to mention Samsung hardware is far more pleasing to the eye than Motorola hardware.
    I don't believe Google would allow "locked down" anything on a Nexus device. It defeats the purpose of it being.... a Nexus.

Aesthetics are opinion, something that really can't be debated. I know there are many that prefer Moto's industrial look. I don't personally, but do feel as though they have superior build quality and radios.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-11-2011 12:20 PM
    I agree with the OP and know were he's coming from.

Pure Google, with nothing on the case but, Google and that's it. No bloatware, no carrier skin and, ICS 2.0 (I can dream).
    So take away ICS and Samsung written on it and the current nexus S 4G is what you want?

I have the Nexus S 4G and love it, I could careless if Samsung is written on the bottom of the back of the phone, that really is a game changer to some people? Or even something that could swing a decision, some picky *** people out there if so. Wish i could buy my next Harley Davidson truck without FORD across the grill and tailgate!

Some people talk about how cheap it feels being plastic or what ever material it is, I do know it's durable and has survived many many drops from me, so it does what it's meant to do, survive day to day use. I know many iPhone users with metal cases and broken screens from less and lower drops that I've had with my cheaply made Nexus phone made by Samsung.
    10-11-2011 01:30 PM
    So take away ICS and Samsung written on it and the current nexus S 4G is what you want?
    No, I didn't mean that. I meant with ICS 2.0 (if there will ever be a 2.0). I was just stated something hypothetical.
    10-11-2011 07:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD