Here's a couple ICS concepts I thought of, curious what your thoughts are on these..

Thanks!
    hmackenz likes this.
    10-10-2011 02:15 AM
    Not a bad idea actually.

I think we'll be able to do something with those soft buttons for sure.
    10-10-2011 02:49 AM
    I'm really hoping that we WILL have the opportunity to have control over how those software based buttons appear. Maybe we can customize them...or change the way they look similar to a theme or something. I'd LOVE a minimalist look if I can get one.
    10-10-2011 03:08 AM
    I think it would be great if it were more like Honeycomb. I was actually kind of expecting it to look more like the second shot to be honest but then again, notifications could clutter it up quite a bit.
    10-10-2011 03:47 AM
    In the 2nd pic, I consolidated and extended the screen up leaving more real-estate. Personally I find the soft-key area to have too much wasted LCD space that it would be great if we could utilize it to our liking. Anyone else dig the Honeycomb look on the left?
    10-10-2011 10:11 AM
    i really like the imagination used for these ideas the only issues, or none issue really, is that my widgets/icons never take up the entire screen anyways. so, this would leave me with even more real estate then i could ever imagine, and never use.

what you could also do is have a slide down from the top kinda like notifications bar in android but have all the top stuff hidden and a slide down if you want to see it. then for notifications have it slide in from the left.
    wheezy276 likes this.
    10-10-2011 11:28 AM
    In the 2nd pic, I consolidated and extended the screen up leaving more real-estate. Personally I find the soft-key area to have too much wasted LCD space that it would be great if we could utilize it to our liking. Anyone else dig the Honeycomb look on the left?
    Seems like a great idea. why waste space on the top and bottom when you could just slide the buttons over and incorporate the top bar into the bottom area?
    wheezy276 likes this.
    10-10-2011 11:31 AM
    Seems like a great idea. why waste space on the top and bottom when you could just slide the buttons over and incorporate the top bar into the bottom area?
    That too is a great idea! I think we might still (or am hoping) we're in for some treats RE the soft-button area possibly with swiping gestures - what do you guys think?
    10-10-2011 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD