Bionic vs Galaxy Nexus Prime

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bionic vs Galaxy Nexus Prime Whatever

That is a good Question; (assuming the pics are real)

What are the benefits of having a curved phone?
and you are right it dose seem like it would be awkward in a pocket, more likely to break/bend and never fit correctly in any universal cases or docks.

Any ideas, i cant seem to figure why you would want your phone to have a curved shape.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I don't think it is going to be nearly as curved as everything thinks. Someone put a photo comparison out and really exaggerated the curve. I took the liberty of extracting the phone from that video as well and it doesn't look nearly as curved as some of the renderings. The pic below labelled "ICS Nexus" is what some had assumed it would be. But the un-labelled one at the VERY BOTTOM is what I pulled from the video. It looks much less curved and more "pocketable" ..Who knows though, we haven't actually seen it, so please take this with a grain of salt as well ..

compare.png

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the Bionic and returned it after about 10 days. Random reboots, loss of data, mediocre pictures from the camera, and headphone hiss was a deal breaker for me. I did like how sturdy it felt, but on the downside it was on the heavy side if compared to the Galaxy II.
I like how the screen can be seen in direct sunlight, and how little battery power it consumed.
If the Nexus lives up to the hype, it will be my next phone.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I had the Bionic for a week or so and returned it to Verizon. Do yourself a favor and don't waste an upgrade on that thing. It's trash in my opinion, and Motoblur is absolutely AWFUL.

Motoblur looks better than ICS imo.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've got the Bionic and am strongly considering swapping for this one. The final look and specs will determine it for me. Basing a decision on unknown info is silly.

Here's the reasons why I'm considering the Galaxy Nexus Prime over the Bionic:
1) Pentile screen on the Bionic. I can see it and even though it does have a few advantages, like visibility in sunlight, I'm hoping the GNP screen is higher resolution and better color.
2) Bionic's camera is bad. I've tried a number of different things and it always falls short. Time to focus, time to load, time to snap a pic are all bad. I'm hopeful the GNP has a good, fast camera.
3) Moto blur vs no skin. I went from HTC Sense to Moto Blur and really hate it. The widgets are inferior and the gallery app is atrocious. Moto needs to step up that game to differentiate themselves.
4) Ice Cream Sandwich and hopeful for regular updates. The 2.3.x on the Bionic is good, but looking forward to the newest version of Android.

I'm guessing the CPU and RAM will be close so that's not really a reason, but if the GNP releases with some higher end processor, that is just one more reason to switch. We'll find out Tuesday night.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Well after my long paragraph praising the Bionic, I'm returning it tomorrow. Tuesday would be my fourteenth day mark and, after thinking about it, I decided to wait and, see what this Nexus phone is all about. The Nexus phone is what I really wanted all along and, I don't want to make the mistake of keeping something I'm not sure about.

The phone is nice but, I got tired of losing 4G connectivity and, tonight I lost all data connectivity. I could have waited for the update but, I figured while I have a chance, I might as well return it and, see what this Nexus phone has to offer. I just hope Verizon doen't screw up with this NFC thing.

I'm in the process of syncing the data back on my Iphone 4.

The only thing that sucks is, I have all these accessories I got to sell also.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I have the Bionic, and I love it. My wife is due for an upgrade and I have been trying to get her to hold out for the Galaxy Nexus.

She LOVES zumocast on my Bionic and when I told her that the new phone wouldnt have this, she said screw that get me the Bionic then....

Question, does/will samsung have an app. that is as bad a$$ as zumocast for accessing files on a desktop?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I have the Bionic, and I love it. My wife is due for an upgrade and I have been trying to get her to hold out for the Galaxy Nexus.

She LOVES zumocast on my Bionic and when I told her that the new phone wouldnt have this, she said screw that get me the Bionic then....

Question, does/will samsung have an app. that is as bad a$$ as zumocast for accessing files on a desktop?

I don't think it will have zumocast because it's stock android. I'm still on the fence and really like the Bionic, I just want to see what the Nexus phone will be like. I might end up getting the Bionic again.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Another reason I want to wait is it seems like the future is going to be on screen buttons. While I'm sure motos UI will still use the buttons and get rid of the on screen stuff with its ics update I think it'll be best to wait.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The bionic screen is the absolute worst i've seen on a phone to date. It is so pixelated, it looks as if your looking through a fly screen. If you want a moto device, they are announcing the new razr tomorrow. It has a super amoled screen on it. I am between it and the nexus.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The bionic screen is the absolute worst i've seen on a phone to date. It is so pixelated, it looks as if your looking through a fly screen. If you want a moto device, they are announcing the new razr tomorrow. It has a super amoled screen on it. I am between it and the nexus.

It's a matter of opinion on the screen. Some people see it, some don't. I only see it every now and then, but when I do, it is pretty jarring. At this point, I would definitely wait to evaluate that new Moto Razr and the Galaxy Nexus instead of getting the Bionic.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm done with locked bootloaders

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

I'm curious about this too. I have a moto xoom and to root you need to unlock it first. When you guys say locked bootloaders to you mean its permanently locked or you just don't want to go through the process of unlocking it? If its permanently locked then its a done deal for me if I just need to use adb and unlock it, well that's no problem.

Excuse the noob question but I've only used Honeycomb on the Xoom so I really don't know much else.