Hello All,

I am a fist time poster, and a I would like to be a first time buyer of an Android phone (coming form an iPhone 3G).

I apologize if this has been answered already, and I know that this no definitive answer, since most of the information is all just rumors.

I read this week about the Galaxy Nexus going through the FCC with the GSM frequency, but I also read today that a Verizon inside source, said that it would be releasing on Verizon possible November 3rd.

I am wondering, would this mean that the Nexus Prime will be exclusive to Verizon, or will it release to AT&T (the current carrier I am on) as well?

Also, I know that there were two different set of specs floating around, using the rumors that are out, would the rumors from GSM Arena (the better specs one), be the one that could possibly be on AT&T, if it goes to AT&T?

Again, I apologize in advanced if these questions have been answered already>

Thank You
    10-10-2011 09:08 PM
    We really don't know. It passed through FCC with both T-Mobile and AT&T bands. Makes sense as Nexus phones need to be global devices. I'm sure there will be GSM Nexus Prime, but nothing has pointed to when we will see it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 10:01 PM
    There is no way to know for sure yet. All we know is a large phone about the size of the rumored size for the Nexus Prime went through FCC that is compatible with AT&T network. And it didn't have LTE.
    10-10-2011 10:02 PM
    Could this be a Canadian version of Nexus Prime? Remember Canada does not have cdma lte. It might be made for one of the carriers up north.
    10-10-2011 10:14 PM
    It probably will be on ATT, like the previous Nexus devices they were released on TMO first with the ATT version to arrive 3 months later. Both versions of GSM have been seen passing through FCC so hopefully this time they will release on TMO, ATT, and Verizon at the same time. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    10-11-2011 01:59 AM
    If nothing else, do what I'm doing. Buy iPhone 4S on upgrade. Sell it. Buy unlocked international Nexus Prime. You'll probably even profit a bit.
    10-11-2011 02:23 AM
    Ok, thank you for the replies.

To follow up, from the rumors, and the model numbers that passed through the FCC, what is the consensus on which one could come to AT&T? Could it be the better spec one that was talked about on GSM Arena, or the low speced one??

Thank you in advance.
    10-11-2011 02:04 PM
    If nothing else, do what I'm doing. Buy iPhone 4S on upgrade. Sell it. Buy unlocked international Nexus Prime. You'll probably even profit a bit.
    To get an unlocked international phone to work on AT&T, do you have to do anything special? For instance, the SGS2 international version has AT&T frequencies, but I heard you had to mess around with APN settings or something to get it to work properly on AT&T.

Any idea if this is true? If so, is it an easy modification to make?

I would also be inclined to get an international unlocked Nexus, if only I could be sure it would work just as well as the US version.
    10-11-2011 02:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat dude. Bought my 3gs over two years ago and now I'm patiently awaiting the Galaxy Nexus. I say patiently, but really I'd stab an old nun in the knee cap if it meant getting one.

Anyway, I asked the same question in another thread so I'll move it here. If we buy the GSM international version, which has AT&T frequencies, are there any special modifications needed to make it work?

Seems like you pop the sim out of the 3gs and put it in the galaxy nexus, call att and change the unlimited data plan to non-iphone version, and off you go with unlimited hspa+ goodness.
    10-11-2011 02:22 PM
    Ok, thank you for the replies.

To follow up, from the rumors, and the model numbers that passed through the FCC, what is the consensus on which one could come to AT&T? Could it be the better spec one that was talked about on GSM Arena, or the low speced one??

Thank you in advance.
    Quick summary: no one's really certain of anything. There is a "two phone" theory but right now everything is speculation. What likely will happen is that it will debut with Verizon on November 3rd, and makes its way to AT&T sometime in the first quarter of 2012. But as for potential model differences, we just don't know.
    nemov likes this.
    10-11-2011 02:24 PM
    I swear it feels like I'm invisible on these forums......

hello? can anyone hear me? echo........echo.......
    10-11-2011 04:31 PM
    I swear it feels like I'm invisible on these forums......

hello? can anyone hear me? echo........echo.......
    As a VZW customer, I have zero knowledge of unlocked international phones. My carrier owns me.
    10-11-2011 04:45 PM
    God....is that you?

I thought I was alone here in limbo. (a tear drops from his cheek)

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Thought there would be more people with a similar situation, but apparently I'm one of the few.

If anyone sees this thread and does have experience with getting an international phone on ATT, please speak up about your experience.
    Thanks
    10-11-2011 04:55 PM
    My brother bought a sgsII long before it was available in the states to use on att. He just put his simcard in and that was it.
    Knips178 likes this.
    10-11-2011 08:25 PM
    I'm in the same boat dude. Bought my 3gs over two years ago and now I'm patiently awaiting the Galaxy Nexus. I say patiently, but really I'd stab an old nun in the knee cap if it meant getting one.

Anyway, I asked the same question in another thread so I'll move it here. If we buy the GSM international version, which has AT&T frequencies, are there any special modifications needed to make it work?

Seems like you pop the sim out of the 3gs and put it in the galaxy nexus, call att and change the unlimited data plan to non-iphone version, and off you go with unlimited hspa+ goodness.
    Just pop in the sim.
    Knips178 likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:51 AM
    Good to know. Thanks
    10-12-2011 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD