Samsung Galaxy Nexus photos caught on Google+ - SlashGear

How's the quality, camera enthusiasts (Taking iinto account that Google+ resizes them to 3MP)?
    10-11-2011 07:31 AM
    I am not a photo enthusiast but I did notice this could be our confirmation of the name: Galaxy Nexus.
    10-11-2011 07:41 AM
    I am not a photo enthusiast but I did notice this could be our confirmation of the name: Galaxy Nexus.
    Take nothing for granted, these guys have pre-release hardware, the name is not set in stone.
    10-11-2011 07:57 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus photos caught on Google+ - SlashGear

How's the quality, camera enthusiasts (Taking iinto account that Google+ resizes them to 3MP)?
    Cannot really tell, need a full res pic to do a 100% crop. I'm sure it will be great though. Samsung delivers when it comes to smartphone cameras, imo.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-11-2011 08:05 AM
    It's gonna be Galaxy Nexus. I just hope it's vanilla ICS and is a real Nexus (updates-wise).
    10-11-2011 08:06 AM
    Sincerely I like to make some shots with the phone, in recent years the most important shots of my life was made with phones since is the only camera I have always with me.
    Hope that the prime will make a good job here.
    10-11-2011 08:28 AM
    It was taken from Google+ so there's a high chance the picture quality dropped when uploading.
    10-11-2011 08:59 AM
    Even if the images were compressed and degraded, I think they look pretty good for what they are. Much more so then my Bionic.
    10-11-2011 09:43 AM
    Im just a noob at histograms, but it doesn't look bad for a phone cam pic. If I were to critique it, I'd say it was a tad underexposed.
    10-11-2011 09:55 AM
    If it's better than the charge's then we have an amazing camera. The charge's is very very good, this seems to have a lower f, which is killer for low light shots! Now we're on to something.
    10-11-2011 10:13 AM
    The only thing I can take away from these two shots is the camera seems to be doing a good job of color-balance indoors, and it seems to have a fairly low f-stop, both of which are good things.
    10-11-2011 10:59 AM
    I gotta ask...why is the picture only 3mp?

Also, it sounds like that slashgear article took two rumor mill specs and blended them, LOL.
    10-11-2011 11:18 AM
    Yeah it's hard to tell anything and what's worse is that Google+ does that to photos. I HATE how they kill the resolution of photo uploads!!!
    10-11-2011 11:23 AM

Also, it sounds like that slashgear article took two rumor mill specs and blended them, LOL.
    Doesnt google+ downgrade pictures to 3mp?
    10-11-2011 11:24 AM
    Yeah it's hard to tell anything and what's worse is that Google+ does that to photos. I HATE how they kill the resolution of photo uploads!!!
    I thought everyone was saying megapixels weren't that important for quality. If so, shouldn't one be able to judge its quality based on what's shown?
    10-11-2011 11:31 AM
    I thought everyone was saying megapixels weren't that important for quality. If so, shouldn't one be able to judge its quality based on what's shown?
    No. MP aren't a big deal that is correct to a point. A 5MP camera with a good lense is just as good as an 8MP camera with an ok lense. You won't see the pixels unless you wanted to make a poster basically. I used to work in a Photo Lab in my younger days and dealt with digital photography all the time and you really won't see pixels on 8x10 and below.

The issue with Google+ is they compress and destory the integrity of photos. Taking a picture that was 5-8MP and compressing it down to "3MP" ruins the quality. So no you really can't judge a camera shot from a pic on Google+.

My Thunderbolt has the 8MP camera on it and when I post pics to FB or other sites they look GREAT. When I upload them to Google+ they don't look so hot anymore. Something they need to change quick IMO.
    scotty_pimmpen likes this.
    10-11-2011 11:39 AM
    nope, its nexus prime

As Samsung Galaxy S II Wins T3′s Phone of the Year Award, Samsung UK Confirms “Nexus Prime” Coming Sooner Than We Think
    10-11-2011 11:49 AM
    Wanna make a wager on that?
    10-11-2011 12:08 PM
    Personally I think it's going to be called the Nexus Prime. But that could simply be a code name and then Galaxy Nexus the retail name.
    10-11-2011 12:19 PM
    Are we sure samsung uk doesn't mean that it is coming to uk sooner? It is releasing here in the us first right? I'm just playing devil's advocate here, really...
    10-11-2011 12:25 PM
    Are we sure samsung uk doesn't mean that it is coming to uk sooner? It is releasing here in the us first right? I'm just playing devil's advocate here, really...
    google should improve their way to market phone.
    SE is one of the smallest company this days (I'm sad to admit it) and they sell worlwide from day one.

Can't understand why google have problems.
    10-11-2011 12:42 PM

Because the site resizes images that are too large.
    10-11-2011 02:39 PM
    Doubt that it will be US only at first. I'd think they will release it on one carrier for a very short time and most of Europe as well. Then they will add more carriers in the US and worldwide I'm sure. It would be crazy if they didn't release it to multiple countries starting from day 1.
    Lucki likes this.
    10-11-2011 03:04 PM
    Hmm, hard to tell. Looks like the pic of the Apple store has some serious blooming on the whites, but that's generally due to people putting their greasy fingers all over the lens. It's also a shot of a really high contrast area with dark shadows from the leaves of a tree and other really bright highlights where the sun is poking thru. That's about the hardest situation for a camera's sensor to capture. Also, like any cell phone camera, some pics look great, other look like absolute crap.

My verdict: inconclusive (can't be any worse than the camera on my Evo 3d tho)
    10-11-2011 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD