10-14-2011 05:56 PM
178 ... 45678
tools
    I hadn't seen you around for some time. I was thinking that with the GS2 lost on Verizon, that you finally went for the Bionic. Glad to hear that the Eris is still ticking long enough for you to get the Galaxy Nexus though.

I will be upgrading from my BlackBerry Tour. Got it on the first day of release. The Nexus will be my first Android phone, and I can't wait. I've been driving my wife crazy with all the talk of this phone, that phone, release dates, etc.

I may try and sell my Tour or trade it in. I won't need it after I get the Nexus and anything I could get for it would be a bonus. So, pass the word ... BlackBerry Tour in mint condition will be for sale soon.
    Yeah I stopped checking religiously after the announcement that the SGS2 wasn't coming to Verizon. I didn't want to read posts from people complaining about the Bionic since I was afraid I'd end up with one.

I'm back though! The Nexus Whatever is looking delicious.

Also, good luck selling your BB. With the outages going on, you might have a tough time.
    10-12-2011 10:21 AM
    Bionic, but I may keep it :P
    10-12-2011 10:44 AM
    let me be the first to welcome you to android. I myself really appreciate iphones but they just arent for me. Hopefully you will feel the same after your experience.
    Thanks, I'm still hoping this is the phone I am waiting for. The battery life thing is scaring me but I'll hold out hope.
    10-12-2011 10:52 AM
    This should have been a poll.

I don't think it's fair for folks to say they are upgrading from something that has been out a few weeks (bionic users!) What are you really upgrading from? Or are there that many people that get a new phone every month?
    10-12-2011 10:58 AM
    ThunderBolt. I'll have to wait until my 1-year contract is up in February, as I can't see myself spending $600 on a damn phone.
    10-12-2011 11:08 AM
    Getting rid of my Bionic. GREAT device, but I've been waiting too long for a Verizon Nexus.
    oxymoron likes this.
    10-12-2011 11:12 AM
    While I love my Droid X (I will keep as a backup), I am ready for something new. I cannot wait to get this phone to start wasting hours and hours learning the in's and out's of this phone.
    10-12-2011 11:49 AM
    I've also appreciated my Droid X (it brought me over to Android from my BB Storm), but I want an LTE phone with stock Android on it, so this would seem to be where I get off the Droid train.
    10-12-2011 12:33 PM
    I've been trapped in a contract with a Palm Pre and that is now up for my upgrade....gonna be doing the Prime as soon as it's out.
    Alpharho likes this.
    10-12-2011 01:50 PM
    Upgrading from a charge.

There is a thread on rootzwiki asking how many developers are planning to dev on the prime and I swear there was like EVERY big time dev/guru chiming in about getting the prime.
    That there is a MAJOR reason to get this device.

Sent from my SCH-I510
    10-12-2011 02:25 PM
    I'm leaving my old friend Pre 2.

It will be the biggest move for me ever since I've always had a phone with a keyboard and I'm not sure what I'll like or hate about a virtual keyboard. Also going to Android will be a bit different but in many ways they seem similar. Will probably install CyanogenMod when it's available.
    10-12-2011 02:35 PM
    I'm upgrading my Droid Incredible. It's a great phone and made me a fan of HTC and Sense. I like the idea of keeping it for the kids to play games or watch videos. If the Prime wasn't coming out I'd be getting the Vigor for sure. Finally feel lucky to be on Verizon for once! We seem to get everything last!

There is a TON of hype for the Galaxy Nexus, so I'm just waiting to see the actual phone in action. Can't wait to see ICS with on screen buttons, and hopefully NFC on board like the Nexus S.
    10-12-2011 02:37 PM

There is a thread on rootzwiki asking how many developers are planning to dev on the prime and I swear there was like EVERY big time dev/guru chiming in about getting the prime.
    That there is a MAJOR reason to get this device.

Sent from my SCH-I510
    +1 brother

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-12-2011 05:16 PM
    Upgrading from my OG Droid.
    10-12-2011 05:37 PM
    OG Droid after having tried the Bionic and returning it.
    10-12-2011 06:24 PM
    My wife is getting rid of her HTC Hero.

The Prime will probably be a little better.
    10-12-2011 06:42 PM
    OG Droid. Rooted, overclocked, and still slow as molasses. It was never like that, but it seems to be suffering from the Windows Syndrome - Fast at the beginning, but as the software becomes more resource hungry, the slower it gets. I've been grumbling with this phone for the last 6 months.

That's why I want "The Prime" - super fast and efficient now, but undoubtedly will become slow within the next 2 years. Hopefully this phone will support all it's software for that time period.
    10-12-2011 07:14 PM
    my trusty droid x. wont get rid of it though; still a nice phone, and would be good to have as a beater. can keep updating it through CM7 as well, so thats a plus
    10-12-2011 08:58 PM
    Droid x for me too. Even though I'm rooted and running apex, I still want some better hardware and ICS! plus a pure Google experience. I love my Droid x, its the best phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads
    10-12-2011 09:02 PM
    Fascinate for me. I've had the phone for a year and am ready for some new blood.
    10-12-2011 09:03 PM
    Thunderbolt...can't wait!
    10-12-2011 09:31 PM
    OG Droid. I have stuck it out for more than 2 years for something AWESOME.
    10-13-2011 08:45 AM
    HTC Ozone, used off ebay that replaced a enV touch.

Life will be grand, to say the least
    10-13-2011 09:39 AM
    HTC Ozone, used off ebay that replaced a enV touch.

Life will be grand, to say the least
    I had to Google HTC Ozone. I don't think I have ever seen one of those before.

I'll be coming from a rooted, OCed OG Droid. It is going to be an emotional moment when I part ways with my Droid but I have always wanted a Nexus device. The OG Droid was my first smartphone. At the time, I was anxiously awaiting the Nexus One to release on VZW. What a letdown that was...
    10-13-2011 11:06 AM
    DROID Bionic, I want a nexus phone!!! But don't get me wrong, I love my phone, so I'm giving it to my father

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-13-2011 11:43 AM
178 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD